Weird characters in automatically created PageName

bernhard

hi everyone!

i've created an excel-like copy&paste import-script using handsontable... so far so great, but when i create the pages, i get some weird results for some pagenames. the pagename is NOT set via the api, because then processwire should handle the creation of an unique pagename itself:

2016-09-20 22_42_37-Find • ProcessWire • mustangs.do2.baumrock.com.png

leading to this error:

2016-09-20 23_35_02-Find • ProcessWire • mustangs.do2.baumrock.com.png

but when i do a manual pagename sanitization it seems to work fine:

2016-09-20 23_33_27-Find • ProcessWire • mustangs.do2.baumrock.com.png

i could implement this sanitization before saving the page, but then i would have to take care of non-duplicate pagenames myself. and also i'm not sure what the problem is and if that is a bug?

any help very appreciated!

@Pete any chance to turn off the more than annoying timelimit for page edits?

@bernhard it's set at 1 minute within which it will merge posts. This is by design so people don't create lots and lots of separate posts every time they meant to add a small addition to their last post.

It's a global setting unfortunately so since it seems to be fine for most other people I'm going to leave it as it is.

Hi Pete im talking about the time for editing a Post. If you find a typo or forgot to Post a Link you Click edit and Save and then you are forced to wait xx seconds. That makes no sense other than annoying - at least - me and has nothing to do with multiple posts.

• Like 1

thank you tpr, just tried it and did not get the warning. don't know where and why it's coming (from)...

ok back to topic: any ideas?

i had to switch to pageNames without UTF8 to get my import script working without problems! i did some encoding checks and it seems that some strings that i import are UTF8 and some are ASCII - but i guess that should not be a problem since ASCII is a subset of UTF8 as far as i read...