Issues with Page Creation - Language and Fields Not Saving

creativejay

I am manually duplicating a 2.7.x site in a 3.0.33 installation, and have run into a couple issues.

First, with my language support, a couple of my languages (German, Finnish, English) have the correct url segment (de, fi, en). The rest (French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish) all have their url segment showing as 'en' even though I have set them properly under Setup / Languages (I even tried to change these and it did nothing).

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 4.07.54 PM.png

Second issue: as I create a page of a certain template, the Title and name I input on the initial creation/template selection page is not saved, and instead I get an auto-gen'd name and the title is blank after I click Save. I haven't experienced this with any other templates, and I don't see anything odd about the template settings. If I didn't have a couple hundred of these pages to add to the site, I wouldn't mind figuring it out later, but with that quantity I'd like to sort it out at the start.

Creating the page (the template is auto-selected because of the parent page):

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 4.10.54 PM.png

Then after it's saved, the Content Tab has no Title entered and the Setup tab has the default name:

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 4.11.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 4.11.15 PM.png

Appreciate any insight from someone who may have run into this already!

Thanks!

I am probably the wrong person to answer ML questions, since I only just started using it myself, but you mention:

25 minutes ago, creativejay said:

The rest (French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish) all have their url segment showing as 'en' even though I have set them properly under Setup / Languages (I even tried to change these and it did nothing).

Remember that to get /fr/about/ etc you need to set the name for the site's homepage in French to be "fr". The /fr/ in the url is not based on anything set under Setup > Languages.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adrian said:

I am probably the wrong person to answer ML questions, since I only just started using it myself, but you mention:

Remember that to get /fr/about/ etc you need to set the name for the site's homepage in French to be "fr". The /fr/ in the url is not based on anything set under Setup > Languages.

Ah, thank you! It had been so long since I set it up the first time I didn't remember having to set that up in the Home settings. That part's sorted out now, thanks!

Still can't figure out why the page creation is switching back to an automated name.

5 minutes ago, creativejay said:

Still can't figure out why the page creation is switching back to an automated name.

Does this only happen with this template? Does it happen with ML support disabled?

Any third party modules that might be affecting the page name/title?

• Like 1

Yes, it's only the template. I turned off the ML support since we only actually have one article out of 150 that has another language available, anyway. That hasn't fixed anything. I can't figure out what might be invoking it, the template is pretty much identical (setting-wise) to other templates with parent/child pre-set.

I made a new template, copying the fields of this one, but the settings for the template didn't come across so only the allowed parent setting was changed from the default, and it still is happening.

It doesn't happen on pages created from other templates with identical settings.