phil_s

Accessing TextformatterMarkdownExtra extra functions

While looking for a way to add target="_blank" to markdown formatted fields I came across these little gems in the TextformatterMarkdownExtra.module (in the wire>modules>textformatter folder, I'm running v3.0.33). Turns out someone (Ryan? Did you add this?) already thought of it:

/**
	 * A couple RCD extentions to MarkDown syntax, to be executed after Markdown has already had it's way with the text
	 */
	protected function markdownExtensions(&$str) {

// add id attribute to a tag, when followed by a #myid
		if(strpos($str, '>#')) $str = preg_replace('/<([a-z][a-z0-9]*)([^>]*>.*?)(<\/\\1>)#([a-z][-_a-z0-9]*)\b/', '<$1 id="$4"$2$3', $str); 

// add class attribute to tag when followed by a .myclass
		if(strpos($str, '>.')) $str = preg_replace('/<([a-z][a-z0-9]*)([^>]*>.*?)(<\/\\1>)\.([a-z][-_a-z0-9]*)\b/', '<$1 class="$4"$2$3', $str); 

// href links open in new window when followed by a plus sign, i.e. [google](http://google.com)+
		if(strpos($str, '</a>+')) $str = preg_replace('/<a ([^>]+>.+?<\/a>)\+/', '<a target="_blank" $1', $str); 

// strip out comments
		// if(strpos($text, '/*') !== false) $text = preg_replace('{/\*.*?\*/}s', '', $text); 
		// if(strpos($text, '//') !== false) $text = preg_replace('{^//.*$}m', '', $text); 

}

Adding:

$f->addOption(self::flavorRCD, 'RCD extentions'); 

after line 107 of the file, adds an option field which you can handily check from the module's config screen in the admin. Now, the question I should have asked before doing this is:
Does changing that have any detrimental effect on things I don't know about yet? : )

Would be great if someone with actual knowledge on this could chime in before I shoot myself in the foot (There must be a reason why this is not active by default?)

Cheers guys!

Phil

On 2016-9-15 at 11:26 PM, phil_s said:

Would be great if someone with actual knowledge on this could chime in before I shoot myself in the foot (There must be a reason why this is not active by default?)

That function is now deprecated. You can create a Textformatter module if you want to, eg.:

Spoiler

<?php
class TextformatterSiteMarkdownAddons extends Textformatter {

/**
 * Return module information.
 * @return array Module info
 */
 public static function getModuleInfo() {
 return array(
 'title' => 'Textformatter Site Markdown Addons',
 'summary' => 'Adds some extra parsing to Markdown',
 'version' => 101
 );
 }

/**
 * Format the given text string.
 * @param Page $page
 * @param Field $field
 * @param string $value
 */
 public function formatValue(Page $page, Field $field, &$value) {
        // href links open in new window when followed by a plus sign, i.e. [google](http://google.com)+
        if(strpos($value, '</a>+')) $value = preg_replace('/<a ([^>]+>.+?<\/a>)\+/', '<a target="_blank" $1', $value);
 }
}

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lmwt
      Hi there,
      I am new to PW but already very convinced. I need to build a dropdown button to browse in a collection of authors by country and language. The dropdown should be editable in the BACK and displayed on the same as the authors collection. I tried my luck with "PageField Creator" but I don't know how to display the dropdown, I simply used: 
      "$content .=$page->Land;" (the name of the select field)
      but nothing is displayed...
      I see there is a 2nd module out there to achieve this : "Select Options Fieldtype". I am not sure what is the difference, anyone has a tip?
      And a clear tutorial with the necessary steps to build this? I am a bit confused which should be the parent template or page, if it should have a file or not...
      Thanks a lot in advance!
    • By MoritzLost
      This is a textformatter module that will automatically replace titles of other pages on your site with links to those pages. For example, if you have a template glossary-term, and mention the exact title of one page using that template in a textfield, the title will be automatically linked to that page (if the textfield uses that formatter). This is good for SEO, and saves you some manual labour. You can configure which templates should get automatically linked, and of course the formatter is only active for the fields you add this formatter to. Note that if you need more manual control over when and where titles are automatically linked, you're probably better of using Autolink from a Glossary by @mr-fan.
      Features
      Allows you to limit the automatic links by template. Only includes published & visible pages by default, with an option to include hidden pages. Automatically excludes the current page, with an option to change that behaviour. Allows you to configure the minimum title length for linked pages. Doesn't overwrite existing links, and detects most edge cases (titles inside other tag's attributes, titles inside existing links et c.). Supports multi-language sites. Titles will only be linked if a title in the current language is set. Can add configurable attributes to all automatically created links. Includes the ability to use page fields as replacement patterns for attributes. For example, you can create CSS classes that include the name of the template of the linked page. Prefer oldest or newest page in the case of duplicate titles. Queries the database directly for improved performance. Has options to switch between case sensitive and case insensitive modes, and force case sensitive behaviour even for case insensitive database collations. Allows you to overwrite the module configuration via the API to call the module with different settings for different requirements on the same page. Download & Documentation
      The module is now available in the modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-page-title-links/
      You can download & install it through the backend using the classname TextformatterPageTitleLinks.
      To install it manually, download or clone the module from the Github repository into your site/modules folder and install through the backend.
      The complete documentation can be found in the README in the repository. Make sure to check out the module configuration page after installing the module.
      Requirements
      PHP 7.1 or higher ProcessWire 3+ (it will probably work in older versions, I haven't tested those though). This is my first module, I hope it may become useful to some of you 🙂
      If you find any errors or have some other suggestions or feedback, let me know!
    • By Noel Boss
      👋 PW Pros…
      I have some hooks that I need to bind at the init phase (or even __construct) and I was wondering, and I couldn't find a good and simple way to determine if I'm in the admin. Would be nice if there is a reliable short option to do so, but I can't seem to find one… Is there a coherent way to tell this no matter where I am?
      Right now, I use the following method inside one of my modules:
      public function isAdmin($page = null) { if ( strpos($this->input->url, $this->urls->admin) !== false || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageList || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageEdit || ($page instanceof Page && $page->rootParent->id == $this->config->adminRootPageID) ) { return true; } return false; } @ryan wouldn't it be nice to have something like wire()->isAdmin(); like wire()->user->isLoggedin(); to tell if we are in admin – very early on (probably even in __construct() phase of modules?
    • By DooM
      Hey guys,
      I'm using Form builder module by Ryan and I'm trying to render HTML success message after form is sent using value from this field:

but it renders exactly as it is written in the field, not as HTML. To render it I just use echo
      <?= $successMessage ?> What am I missing?

Thanks for any help. 🧒
    • By benbyf
      Hi!
      Been doing some basic Twilio implementation for a client to enable them to automatically send text messages to registered users on page publish. As an upshot, I thought I would strip out the site specific work and stick up on github here: https://github.com/benbyford/TwilioChannels
      This modules pulls in the Twilio APi and enables you to send SMS messages from your front or backend.
      Send SMS message Truncate message to single message character limit Auto-select number from range of numbers depending on $To number country of origin–this enables you to send messages with a local number to that user if one added to the config. Templates usage:
      $twilio = $modules->get("TwilioChannels"); $twilio->sendSMS($toNumber, $message);