spacemonkey95

Using HannaCode with the Table field

Hi all,

I've got a Table field on one of my pages. The first column requires the use of Hanna Code so I can add custom icons to the table cell. As per the settings for that particular field, I've set the textformatter option as TextformatterHannaCode (as the screenshot will show, for this particular field it's not possible to just select text formatters from a select dropdown. Instead I have to type in the value).

Now, if I manually type in my HannaCode label (e.g. [[icons_copy]] )  then it will output correctly onto the page, but I need to also have the HannaCode selection menu which normally shows up in CKEditor when right-clicking in the textarea field. Does anyone know how I can achieve this? Do I need to apply a different setting in the Settings area as shown in the screenshot?table_settings.png

Maybe consider using a javascript select such as Selectize.js; you could init those fields and let selectize get the options from a custom js array... that's probably the only way to make an icon select in a column of table without actually making it a page select or options;  Plus you could actually show the icon when using  a select and store the class as the value; when rendering i don't think you'd need bother with hanna code, you could just output the icon.

Thanks Macrura, this might be a more elegant solution! I didn't know about Selectize.js and it wouldn't have occurred to me that it could have been used for this!

I'm just reading more about it to see if I can figure out how to use this for my requirements.

ok here is a sample function that i'm using to init selectize on a table field:

$(function(){
	$('li.Inputfield_table_field tr').each(function(){

var selOpts = new Array();
		// add stuff to JS your array here...

$(this).find('input[name*="_icon_select"]').selectize({
			delimiter: ' ',
			persist: false,
			maxItems: 1,
			options: selOpts,
		});

});
});

so for example, you would need to be using AdminCustomFiles module and then this would be inside the ProcessPageEdit.js

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AndréPortuga
      Does anyone knows if there is a way of selecting a iframe inside a textfield(using ckEditor)? 
      I mean I have a Iframe with this code:
      <iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" scrolling="no" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PMaFJjZDrYM" width="100%"></iframe></p>

but it's not getting responsive in iPhones.. So anyone know how can I select it via code for making it responsive?

Thank you,
    • By dragan
      On one particular site, CKEditor behaves rather weird:
      When I copy and paste "normally", i.e. CTRL + V, there is an alert popping up "do you really want to leave this page?". If you cancel, the text is pasted into the field. If not, you get redirected to the frontend of the page you just edited, and the changes are lost.
      The "paste from Word" button doesn't work. CTRL + SHIFT + V works, but all formatting is lost (apart from paragraphs).
      I'm using inline editor mode, ACF + Purifier are activated. I know that if I disable those two, CTRL + V works, but I won't do that, since CKE then saves all the garbage code from MS-Office.
      Has anyone ever come across this issue? I tried with Chrome + FF. No JS errors.
    • By AndZyk
      Hello,
      I am currently building a intranet which will be hosted on the local network of a company. This intranet has many links to files on their fileserver with the protocol file://.
      So for example the links look like this file://domain.tld/filename.ext
      When I try to insert such a link into a URL field, I get the error, that only the protocol http:// is allowed. When I try to insert such a link into a CKEeditor link, it gets stripped out. Is it possible to insert such links into the FieldType URL and CKEditor.
      I know that I could use a FieldType Text or insert a RewriteRule in the .htaccess file, but I am looking for a more elegant solution. 😉
      Regards, Andreas
    • By prestoav
      Hi folks.
      I'm building a Formbuilder form to create new advert pages in a marketplace. Formbuilder is ideal for this. I need to add a description field that allows text to be added with line breaks etc. so showing a CKEditor field would be ideal (i.e. exactly like the field I'm typing into right now)!.
      Does anyone know if it's possible to add a CKEditor field to the front end presentation fo a Formbuilder field, maybe via a module or such?
      Many thanks!
    • By ngrmm
      I have a page with a table. Each table row has a page-reference field and a checkbox.
      The Page sends emails to all users (page-refrence->email-field) and change the value of the checkbox in a row to 1.
      It works with this:
      <?php // event ID fron url query $eventID = $input->get('eventID','int'); // get event-page $event = $pages->get($eventID); // config $fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from; $fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name; $emailSubject = $event->event_subject; // email html body ob_start(); include('./_inc/emailbody.inc'); $emailBody = ob_get_clean(); // make event-page editable $event->of(false); // loop through table and send out emails foreach($event->event_clients_list as $event_table_row) { // get client page $clientPage = $event_table_row->client_name; // get client email $clientEmail = $clientPage->email; // if client isn't invited yet (checkbox not checked) if($event_table_row->client_invited == '') { // send email $m = new WireMail(); $m->to($clientEmail); $m->from($fromEmail, $fromName); $m->subject($emailSubject); $m->bodyHTML($emailBody); $m->send(); // mark client as invited $event_table_row->client_invited = 1; $event->save('event_clients_list'); } } ?> But i have to use a variable in my emailbody.inc which i'm able to get in the table-loop.
      So i do the including of the body inside my loop. But this doesn't work anymore. Page sends out the emails but is unable to change the value of the checkbox.
      I get no errors!
      I'm using ProTable
      <?php // event ID fron url query $eventID = $input->get('eventID','int'); // get event-page $event = $pages->get($eventID); // config $fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from; $fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name; $emailSubject = $event->event_subject; // loop through table and send out emails foreach($event->event_clients_list as $event_table_row) { // get client page $clientPage = $event_table_row->client_name; // get client email $clientEmail = $clientPage->email; // email html body ob_start(); include('./_inc/emailbody.inc'); $emailBody = ob_get_clean(); // make event-page editable $event->of(false); // if client isn't invited yet (checkbox not checked) if($event_table_row->client_invited == '') { // send email $m = new WireMail(); $m->to($clientEmail); $m->from($fromEmail, $fromName); $m->subject($emailSubject); $m->bodyHTML($emailBody); $m->send(); // mark client as invited $event_table_row->client_invited = 1; $event->save('event_clients_list'); } } ?>