Page info on hover?

muzzer

I can't find the following but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would use such functionality so it must have been thought of and perhaps implemented in a module;

I find when I'm using the page tree in the PW admin that I'm often opening (editing) many pages just to check the field values - one of my sites has a lot of user input so fields change regularly without my necessarily knowing. This can get annoying as I either lose the page tree  when clicking the edit link, or I need to open in a new tab, both of which are slow processes when checking multiple pages, and I end up with loads of open editing tabs.

I'm wondering if anyone has created a module to simply show basic page field info in an ajax tooltip when hovering pages in the page tree?

If not, is this something a intermediate programmer such as myself could feasibly develop into the PW system or is this realistically a project for gurus only?

Hi there fellow kiwi :)

Check out the Page List Show Page Id module - it's very simple so it's easy to modify to include whatever information you want in the page label.

You can add some custom CSS to hide/style the added info:

public function init() {
	if($this->user->isSuperuser()){
		$this->addHookAfter('ProcessPageListRender::getPageLabel', $this, 'addPageIdLabel');
		// add stylesheet
		$this->config->styles->add($this->config->urls->PageListShowPageId . "PageListShowPageId.css");
	}
}

• Like 2