Some questions

Enrico

Hello,

i have some question taht i need to ask to be able to complete my Directory site.

TO create my Directory site i just created a very easy basic categorization.

So Under my home page, i just created some sub pages each one for 1 category of the directory:

Example:

--------------------------------------------------

HOME

--> Designers

-->  Developers

--------------------------------------------------

And i started to place websited of Designers under Designers and so on.

Now the result is this one, i have for every element URLs similar to this:

http://mysite.com/designers/name-of-designer/

1) can i make this URL shorter in some way ? Like for example not show in the url the name of the category ? Something like this: http://mysite.com/##ID_CODE##/name-of-designer/

Where ##ID_CODE## is simply replaced by the ID of the current page ?

2) i tried to install the Language Modules, but i dont see the possibility to define for every elemnt the translation. I mean, coming from joomla and wordpress  If the designer template has for example sollowing fields: (Name, Biography, Website) i was expecting to have in the editor near them the translation field to fill if available. I'm unable to understand where i should place translation of every filds.

3) considering i wanna have multi language site i dont know.... is it also possible to have customn URL for every language ANd if yes where i should check ? I would like something like this: /en/name-of-designer/  ....  /it/nome-del-designer/   i mean i would have not only language code in front of the url but also be able to translate the URL of the page.

4) In my directory i'm going to place a thumbail picture for every website ( if for example designer has one website ). I woulrd have one big picture for the detail page and one thumbnail for the listing category page. Where i can define dimensions of pictures ( i come from wordpress where was possible to define in functions.php some thumnails size to use in different template pages)

5) Does existi a module that i can use to auto-watermark a picture ? I wanna explain for example should be nice to be able to add automatically to every BIG picture the logo of my site and not on thumbnails because my logo over the pcitre will make the tumbnail not so nice to see.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1) Because of security reasons showing the current page ID isn't a good idea. However I'm confused behind the idea of replacing /designers/name-of-designer? It's human readable so it makes complete sense to leave it. 

2) Make sure you have the field type set to multi language too. Installing the multi language module activates some fieldtypes.

3) I don't have much experience with multi language - but I do believe that urls can be translated too using the name field.

4) It's incredibly easy to define sizes in ProcessWire - simply do $page->image->size(300,300)->url  - the important part is ->size(width,height).

5) You can using something like imagick to put in the watermark using a module. It's incredibly easy to do - https://processwire.com/api/modules/