• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?
    • By nickngqs
      How do you guys sort according to the order of page listing?

My template is sort order none, so I assume it would return according to order of page listing.
    • By rolisx
      Hi all!
      I have a little problem here. I want to sort a list of addresses by streetname and then by number. First, I just had a field "prod_objekt" (address) containing both and then have a foreach loop like this: $pages->get('/produzenten/')->prod_repeater->sort('prod_objekt') as $produzent. Unfortunately, this would not sort by streetnumber if I had the same streetname but multiple numbers.
      Now, I thought I could sort by two fields. prod_object (adress) first and then by prod_hausnummer (streetnumber). But I just don't know the code for it. I tried this: $pages->get('/produzenten/')->prod_repeater->sort('prod_objekt.prod_hausnummer') as $produzent, but it wouldn't work.
      Any ideas on how to solve this?
      Thanks for your help
      Roli
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm facing an issue with my page fieldtype. Pages appear in the order they were created although I'd like to see them sorted in alphabetical order (by title). The pages are well-sorted in my tree, but in that particular Page fieldtype (on another page), I can't find any place where I would decide on what field I can sort them. Am I missing something here ?
      Let me know if I'm not clear enough in my explanations.
      Thanks in advance for a clue  
    • By Vigilante
      This is a pretty typical thing. Open a page, it does a $pages query, finds 112 things and I list them on the page. There is pagination too, 20 per page.
      I want a sort dropdown box so the visitor can change alpha sort or whatever other sorts and filters I eventually use.
      My first thought is to just refresh the page with a url query like "page/?sort=az" and then adjust the query in the template code. But to do this, it will require a page refresh, which means the sort box goes back to its default, and not sure how it effects pagination.
      If I do a page refresh, I'll have to keep the sort settings in the session or something, to make sure I always apply correct sort on page load.
      But at the same time, I've already got the $pages array, it would be much nicer to shuffle it and update the page without a page refresh, rather than run the query over and over again.
      But then again, the pagination buttons already cause page refreshes, so that is already happening anyway, unless I convert the pagination buttons to also be no-refresh somehow.

I figure this is a very common problem, to paginate results and give users a sorting/filtering option. What is the common methods for handling it? Session, url query, ajax? If I just add the sort to the url query, how do I make that work in the pagination links?