Article link

Dakrtom

Hello,
I hope someone can help me. After I work with ProcessWire only recently , I wanted to ask if we can someone tell me as 
I a headline on one side with the corresponding article on another page link directly ??

Greeting
Tom
Edited by Dakrtom
line-Break

Hello, thank you for your answer. I try my question to rephrase . 
I would like to create a home ProcessWire be shown on the various articles or posts . 
When I click on the title of the article I müchte I am redirected to the orignal article . 
I hope my question is understandable

Greeting
Tom

As far as I understand, you want something like a teaser homepage? A collection (in boxes) of subpage summaries with a read-more-link?

If yes, how do you have organized your (sub)pages? Where do they live in the page tree? Do they have different templates? What are the most important fields they have?

Seems like you want 

10 hours ago, Dakrtom said:
I would like to create a home ProcessWire be shown on the various articles or posts . When I click on the title of the article I müchte I am redirected to the orignal article . I hope my question is understandable Greeting Tom

Can you give an example of any website that does what you want? That may help us in answering your question. 

My guess is that you mean a list of articles with perhaps a summary and then each one links to the full article. You would construct your site to have a child page for each article. Then you can do

foreach($page->children("limit=10, sort=-published_date") as $article) {
	echo "<a href='$article->url'>$article->title<\a>$article->summary";
}

That will display titles and summaries of the last 10 articles with direct links to the page where the full article lives.

Apologies for the brevity and code formatting - not a good idea to try this on a phone while your laptop is running updates :)

• Like 1

The code I gave you does pretty much that assuming you have a separate field for the teaser (I called it summary). If you want an automatic teaser than you need to truncate the body field (or whatever you might have called it). Instead of $article->summary, you can try something like:

substr($article->body, 0, 300)

Of course you can get much fancier with automatic teasers, but that is a PHP question and there are lots of answers on the web about that.

Also, if you want the code I had to work from the homepage while the articles are perhaps under an Articles child of home, then try this:

foreach($pages->get("/articles/")->children("limit=10, sort=-published_date") as $article) {
	echo "<a href='$article->url'>$article->title<\a>".substr($article->body, 0, 300);
}
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dakrtom said:

Hello,
many thanks for the code , yesterday equal yet tried it and works great but a 
question I have to . how I do it that I and summary with html and css can edit Title : here an example :

<P > title </ p>
<P > summary </ p>

I am sorry @Dakrtom - now you have completely lost me :)