Flexible content view possible with PageTable?

operat

Hello everybody!

What I'm trying to achieve, is a flexible input field, where content editors can choose between predefined layouts. Let's say I want these three layouts: 1) "layout-text-columns" with three Textareas, 2) "layout-text-image" with one textarea and an image upload form, and 3) "layout-quote" with a textarea and a textfield for a name. They should be optional, repeatedly selectable, and rearrangeable. They should be just very flexible.

I understand, that in ProcessWire the PageTable field can do exactly that, in terms of functionality. So far, so good.

What confuses me with PageTable, is the visual representation in admin. It's rather strange to see the field entries displayed in a static table. I find it a little odd, that I have to choose which table fields to display, when probably the only field all the layouts have in common is the title. That's not very pretty, and not very handy!

I'va had a view at PageTableExtended module – but I don't want rendering of table row layouts.

What I want, is a proper flexible content view in the admin, where I can see at first sight, what layouts are arranged in what order and what they contain (just like Flexible Content ACF Pro does in WordPress).

Is there a field type I don't know about or another way, to achieve this?

Thanks for your help!

23 minutes ago, operat said:

What confuses me with PageTable, is the visual representation in admin. It's rather strange to see the field entries displayed in a static table.

That's why it's called page table. It's not meant to be a layout builder of sorts. The ProField matrix would probably fit your needs better. 

• Like 1