Croppable Image 3

horst

Croppable Image 3

for PW 3.0.20+

Module Version 1.2.0

Sponsored by http://dreikon.de/, many thanks Timo & Niko!

You can get it in the modules directory!

Please refer to the readme on github for instructions.

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - NEWS - 2020/03/19 - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - 

There is a new Version in the pipe, that supports WebP too: 

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - NEWS - 2020/03/19 - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updating from prior versions:

Updating from Croppable Image 3 with versions prior to 1.1.7, please do this as a one time step:

In the PW Admin, go to side -> modules -> new, use "install via ClassName" and use CroppableImage3 for the Module Class Name. This will update your existing CroppableImage3 module sub directory, even if it is called a new install. After that, the module will be recogniced by the PW updater module, what makes it a lot easier on further updates.

For updating from the legacy Thumbnail / CropImage to CroppableImage3 read on here.

Edited by horst
added link to version with WebP support
  • Like 20

This looks great @horst - just one initial request - can we lose the "Wow that looks great" button label and make it simply "Continue" or "Accept" or something similar. And maybe the "Not happy, crop again" link should be a button with "Redo Crop" ?

PS I know these labels are a legacy of the original thumbnails module, but they do sound a little weird to me.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, adrian said:

This looks great @horst - just one initial request - can we lose the "Wow that looks great" button label and make it simply "Continue" or "Accept" or something similar. And maybe the "Not happy, crop again" link should be a button with "Redo Crop" ?

PS I know these labels are a legacy of the original thumbnails module, but they do sound a little weird to me.

What have you done Adrian!?!? 

TBH I was surprised that those lived so long. They always made me smile :)

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, apeisa said:

What have you done Adrian!?!? 

TBH I was surprised that those lived so long. They always made me smile :)

I was waiting for your response here - sorry about that - no offense intended :)

• Like 2

I'm thinking about to implement a "show historical label texts" module config checkbox. Antti, would this help to get over this a bit faster?

(Some customers really liked that. "Oh, thats so positive! Fine.") :)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, apeisa said:

I actually like when software is not so serious. And I think most people do. Or at least it is not stop for success, take a look at MailChimp and Slack for example. 

@horst the legacy labels setting would make my day! 

Wow - now I feel so boring and serious :)

Seriously (ha ha) though, I think there is a great place for fun elements in software, but I think it's important who it's aimed at and whether they'll see it as fun or just confusing - "you gotta keep it smart people" (dorky TV quote there)!

Getting OT, but why do all phone companies around the world seem to use cute animals in their advertising? I don't see the fun because I can't see the connection - the fun has to be relevant.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Wow - now I feel so boring and serious :)

Yeah, now I'm thinking about to setup a radio or select with something like:

"I am serious"

"I like it funny"

"I'm brave, surprise me"

@apeisa: Yes, that was exactly what one customer said to me a month ago: "Oh, thats nice and not so serious. I like it. It is the same way like Mailchimp do."

• Like 3

Version 0.9.12

I added a single centralized translation file. It combines all text strings of all module and dependency files. This way it should be easier or lesser work to translate it. (<- hint @ceberlin, @Manfred62, @yellowled :))

@apeisa: Also the legacy and serious text selection is included. (legacy is default!)

• Like 6

Hi Horst,

it's great to see CoppableImage again in PW3!
For me as Superuser all is fine, but if I login with another role (with right "page-edit-image") the modal crop-window switches to the pagetree-view.

• Like 1

Hmmm after installing the new Version I have a problem:

When clicking on "Wow that looks great / Accept" the modal window does not close anymore. It does not close, when I click on the "X" in the upper right corner either.

Plus, there are a few Javascript errors:

InputfieldCroppableImage3.js:31 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of undefined

I testet in on my Mac with Chrome and Firefox. Same behaviour in both browsers.

Here it is working without errors. Also, the relevant part for that hasn't changed between the last versions.

Maybe browser cache issue, or, if that doesn't help. Delete all files and folders under site/modules/CroppableImage3/ ... and copy a fresh one new Version into it, to make sure to have all the latest versions?

I can switch force and back between the two modal windows multiple times, and I also can close it via the buttons and the X.

13 hours ago, Noboru said:

For me as Superuser all is fine, but if I login with another role (with right "page-edit-image") the modal crop-window switches to the pagetree-view.

I will test this and come back here, when done.

13 hours ago, Noboru said:

Hi Horst,

it's great to see CoppableImage again in PW3!

Same behave here, sorry.

What I encountered in short, is: I get different color for the modal windows title bar (?), and it doesn't open the processPage. So, it is an access issue. I need to investigate further. ...

Somehow I had lost the permission settings during the rewrite. Also there were a chance for some interfere with the permission of the older Croppable module.

Now I have fixed it with the update to version 0.9.14

But it will not update / correct itself, :(

To get rid of the bug, everyone who has installed a version lesser than 0.9.14 should follow these manual steps:

1. copy the module files >= 0.9.14 into site/modules/CroppableImage3/
  2. goto admin > modules > site > ProcessCroppableImage3, open it, select uninstall and uninstall it
  3. now refresh the modules cache
  4. and install the ProcessCroppableImage3
  5. open all your user roles that need edit rights for crop images and add the new " image-crop-3 " permission to them

Ready!

For fresh installs of version 0.9.14+, everything works out of the box.

• Like 5

Hello Horst,

I got problems with the crop function. I always get the error message "process returns no content" after clicking the cropping button:

Here are the crop settings of my image field:

Screenshot_13.jpg

As you can see I have added pre-defined crop settings to the image field.

And here you can see what happens if I press the crop button:

5xsM3xVPfB.gif

The modal window always shows that no content will be returned. I have tried to catch an error with Tracy Debugger but not luck.

PW: 3.0.32, User: Superuser, PHP 5.6.25, Server: Apache, Croppable image 3: version 0.9.14

Any idea?

Best regards Jürgen

How do you have installed it? Was a previous version there before?

If there is no Process installed, that could be because:

the ProcessImageCroppable3 isn't installed or not installed correct. maybe it misses its admin page?

Have you checked that ProcessCroppableImage3 is installed?

Did you have under Admin > Pages > a page with title "Croppable Images 3", and what is its process and name?

• Like 1