jrtderonde

Fields when creating a new Page

Hey,

I was wondering if there's a way to add more fields to specify when creating a new page. At the moment, the only two fields are required for creating a new page. 

• Title
  • Name (Automated)

I've configured processwire so that the chosen page to create is limited to one template. Guess this would make the process to achieve the above a bit easier.

Regards,

Only global fields will be displayed in the PageAdd form, even if you limit templates and parents down with family settings.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lmwt
      Hi forum,
      I have this list of fields with labels and I want to skip the displaying of labels for fields left empty (e.g. if field "logo" is not filled with an image, but it could also be text fields). Using count() and "continue" will always output either nothing or all labels.
      Is there a way to use the "skipLabel" method in the loop?
      foreach ($page->template->fields as $field) { if(!count($page->$field->logo)) {continue;} else { $etikette = $field->getLabel(); //get label in the current user language $content .= " <br><li class='pub-field'>$etikette<br> </li>"; //display labels as li $content .= $page->get($field->name) . "<br>"; // display values as li } } Thanks for your help!
    • By Lmwt
      Hello,
      and one more beginner question: I am using the multi-language site profile and having troubles targeting the region I want to populate in my templates due to delayed output. The list is now appearing on top of the nav bar 🙂 and the values of the fields on one line down the title. I want these fields to be displayed in a list underneath the title of the page, and I also would like the name of the field to be displayed as a string in front of the value... I dont know how to do this. Can someone help?
      right now my code looks like this: 
      <?php namespace ProcessWire;?> <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Location?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Pub_country?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Since?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Contact?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Focus?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Members?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Location?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Decision_making?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Financing?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->History?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->images?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->logo?></li> </html> and the screen looks like that:
      Thanks for helping!

• By EyeDentify
      I have been experimenting with the new $page->meta() method and find it useful.

Once i figured out that the data i "save" with it is tied to the page where i called the method from.

So this is not obvious at least not for me in the documentation:
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/page/meta/

So i just wanted to share that revelation with the community so you don´t get as confused as i was.

Happy Coding Everyone.
    • By stanoliver
      In the new page-meta-method (https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.133/#comments) there is an example how to ouput "world". 
      Could may someone give me a snippet of code so that the output is one of the colors (red, green, blue).
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum. I'm trying to figure out how to detect if current form has errors after saving it in pw admin page. This is so that our event location isn't added in database if we detect errors. But I can't seem to find a correct way to detect errors? I only found the wire()->errors() and it always triggers even if I don't have any errors. 
      How can I detect errors in a form?
      By error I mean $page->error('this is the red error');