Do you have any Recommendations to learn a PHP-Framework as a Junior Developer?

Orkun

Hi Guys

Do you have any Recommendations to learn a PHP-Framework as a Junior Developer or better said what would you suggest that I should learn as my first full blown PHP-Framework? Since there are so many PHP-Frameworks outhere I don't really know which I should start learning. Because of this I am asking the ProcessWire Community which is full of experienced Developers. What are the Frameworks you used (and are still using) over the years to build custom web-apps (besides ProcessWire :P)? The Reason I want to learn a new PHP-Framework is simple - I want to improve my skills and add new ones to it :).

Greetings Orkun aka "Nukro"

Laravel is popular in the processwire community. But look also around where you live what software companies there are looking for php coders such as zend or symphony so you better learn a framework that you both can use in processwire and work with in a company nearby.

• Like 1

If you want to learn I'd highly suggest subscribing to laracasts. While the main focus is obviously laravel it does also have tons of general php videos from beginner to advanced levels. I've learned so much there – even from some of the laravel specific videos – even while never having run laravel once.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, pwired said:

Laravel is popular in the processwire community. But look also around where you live what software companies there are looking for php coders such as zend or symphony so you better learn a framework that you both can use in processwire and work with in a company nearby.

Thanks @pwired. I looked around and it looks like that Symfony and Zend are widespreaded in Switzerland.

38 minutes ago, LostKobrakai said:

If you want to learn I'd highly suggest subscribing to laracasts. While the main focus is obviously laravel it does also have tons of general php videos from beginner to advanced levels. I've learned so much there – even from some of the laravel specific videos – even while never having run laravel once.

I've heard about it. It is a nice collection of tutorials for Beginners and Advanced Developers. Thanks for mentioning it @LostKobrakai.