PW 3.0.29 & 2.8.29

ryan

Like mentioned in last week's post, this week was focused on covering remaining GitHub issue reports and pull requests in preparation for the 3.0 and 2.8 master version releases. In total we covered close to a dozen issues and around ten pull requests this week, so you'll find lots of updates in today's versions (3.0.29 and 2.8.29). In addition, we've also got a section in this post for those that have inquired about ProcessWire site development help.

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.29/

• Like 12

I gotta say, how awesome is that we're in a community where we can hire PW's main man to help with our projects?!

Like, can you imagine a world where you can't decide on your Facebook cover image so you call in Zuckerberg for a consult? :biggrin:

• Like 5

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I’m getting the following error after updating to 3.0.29.

Error: Call to a member function add() on null (line 629 of …/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module)

This error happens in these cases:

1. When trying to edit pages created prior to the 3.0.29 update.
  2. It happens **after** step 1 when creating a **new** page. By step 1 I'm referring to the initial create page screen where we assign a Title to a page. Submitting that page throws no errors, but an error is thrown when trying to save on step 2 (where we fill in all other fields).
  3. It happens when deleting a page.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am getting the same error creating a new page.

As above, creating the page with a title is no problem, but saving that page either as publish or keep unpublished throws the error

Error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object (line 629 of /xxxx/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module) 

Happening on two sites on the same shared server.

Error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object (line 629 of /home/dancingb/public_html/cchogan.com/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module) 

• Like 1

@Joss Still seeing that error after yesterday's update/fix to 3.0.29? Just wondering if this is the same issue mentioned by fuzendesign above (which has been fixed) or if what you are seeing is still present. I'm guessing it's fixed since both refer to the same line number, but wanted to double check.

50 minutes ago, ryan said:

@Joss Still seeing that error after yesterday's update/fix to 3.0.29? Just wondering if this is the same issue mentioned by fuzendesign above (which has been fixed) or if what you are seeing is still present. I'm guessing it's fixed since both refer to the same line number, but wanted to double check.

Er.... I already have 29 - how to I get the fix?

13 minutes ago, cstevensjr said:

I believe you can click on the red link to get the latest update (commit) for that version

pw-upgrade.png

@cstevensjr My bad. I thought I had the ProcessWireUpgrade module installed. PW has one called SystemUpdater which I thought was the same thing. Kind of confusing.

I’ll hold off installing it since I see the ProcessWireUpgrade module page recommends manually updating 3.x.

Are you running 3.0.29 and does the module work fine?