Blog Profile

ryan

Thanks for all the support, Ryan, Diogo, Soma and all the other forum members. I just finished my first pWire site. 

Although I still have to add the iOS icons and Soma´s great module for navigation markup doesn't seem to have the ability to limit the children <li> on my main menu, I will get that solved later.
After a few weeks I'm very happy with process wire and every time I ask something here I feel a bit dumb. Process Wire simplicity to get things done is amazing!

Thanks to kongondo too for the modx to pWire transition post: http://bit.ly/1dYgAnW

You can check this simple and a bit text bloated pWire site here: http://artecassistencia.com

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm being pedantical by pointing this out, it's not all that important, but... 

<?php echo "<a href='{$config->urls->root}'><h1>{$homepage->headline}</h1></a>"; ?>

should be

<?php echo "<h1><a href='{$config->urls->root}'>{$homepage->headline}</a></h1>"; ?>

Inline elements like a can't contain block elements like h1. In other words the H1 tag can contain links, but links can't contain headings, divs, etc. 

*Really it doesn't matter, it should still display fine in most browsers, but I've found better compatibility with older browsers and future browsers by sticking to the w3c standards. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am using processwire 2.3 and blog profile. It works well but tags title is Chinese characters. 

I can't post a new blog when use the Chinese characters in tags, because the tag name can't use Chinese characters.

After I change a tag title from english to chinese, I cant use this tag to post a new blog. 

Another error in the tag page , beacuse site/templates/markup/tags.php

$letter = strtoupper(substr($tag->title, 0, 1));

Hello! 

I am very impressed with the new way to adding tags. It is possible to add this feature to working PW with data and bootstrap based template.

I tried to insert tag's templates and fields with no sucess, the .JS , .inc, marcups and still look as this: 

Where is "the secret" of that ? 
Thanks in advance!

I find "the treasure". I need to read more documentations ... 
This Inputfield is included with the ProcessWire core, but is not installed by default.

Please , delete that post as unsubstantiated.

Thanks!  

post-790-0-52376700-1382393885_thumb.png

I am using processwire 2.3 and blog profile. It works well but tags title is Chinese characters. 

I'm not aware of all the considerations that may be necessary for using the blog profile with Chinese characters (not had a chance to try that yet), but you may be able to resolve the issue you mentioned by changing that substr() to an mb_substr(). 

I am very impressed with the new way to adding tags. It is possible to add this feature to working PW with data and bootstrap based template.
I tried to insert tag's templates and fields with no sucess, the .JS , .inc, marcups and still look as this: 
Where is "the secret" of that ? 

I'm not sure I fully understand the question or what you mean about a bootstrap-based template? But this blog profile demonstrates that tags are nothing more than just page references, and it's really more a matter of terminology (calling it "tags") and implementation on the front-end than anything else. So the means by which tags are implemented in the blog profile translates to any PW installation, and doesn't matter what CSS framework (or lack of one) is being used. You can think of the "Page" fieldtype as a tags fieldtype where it makes sense. 

Thanks Ryan!

Sorry for my poor explanation. I solved that problem, but now I have another one.

When I add more then one new tag and save the page I get error : Unknown column 'field_title.data1038' in 'where clause'

If added new tag is only one, all is normal  but when they are two i get the error. If tags are created before and I just only select them, again no error.

Thanks! 

ryan, on 26 Oct 2013 - 13:08, said:

I'm not sure I fully understand the question or what you mean about a bootstrap-based template? But this blog profile demonstrates that tags are nothing more than just page references, and it's really more a matter of terminology (calling it "tags") and implementation on the front-end than anything else. So the means by which tags are implemented in the blog profile translates to any PW installation, and doesn't matter what CSS framework (or lack of one) is being used. You can think of the "Page" fieldtype as a tags fieldtype where it makes sense. 

I'm not aware of all the considerations that may be necessary for using the blog profile with Chinese characters (not had a chance to try that yet), but you may be able to resolve the issue you mentioned by changing that substr() to an mb_substr(). 

Thanks ryan!

I use  the code shown below. Because group tags by 26 characters is better than by  thousands of Chinese characters.

$letter = strtoupper(mb_substr($tag->name, 0, 1));
  • Like 1

Sorry for my poor explanation. I solved that problem, but now I have another one.

Which version of ProcessWire? It sounds like you are using multi-language support, in which case I'd strongly suggest using the dev branch (2.3.5). 

• 3 weeks later...

I,m not sure if this is the right place for this?

I've got the blog profile as an addon to the main site:

Home > Blog

I deleted the default pages under:

Home > Blog > Archives

Home > Blog > Authors

Now I am getting the following 404 errors:

When I view the page Home > Blog > Archives I get this see attachment:
post-564-0-31931600-1385056859_thumb.png

How can I deal with this apart from doing a 301 redirect?

You will probably have to make edits to several files in there to adjust the paths it references to be consistent with the paths in your site. For instance, if you see a $config->urls->root . "archives/"; then you'd change that to $config->urls->root . "blog/archives/"; and if you see a $pages->get('/posts/'); you'd change that to a $pages->get('/blog/posts/'); And so on. I'm guessing most of these updates can be to the files in /site/templates/markup/ and /site/templates/blog.inc, but you may need to look at all the template files used by the blog profile. 

Hello All,

I've got a problem while using Russian Language Pack with Blog Profile: editor does not appears on 'Body' field while I create/edit blog message.

Switching language to 'Default' gets editor back.

Blog Profile installed with PW v2.3.

Upgrading to latest development branch gets me an error on any page:

Error:     Exception: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown
column 'pages.status1160' in 'where clause' (in
/var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/DatabaseQuery.php line 86)

#0 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/DatabaseQuery.php(86): PDOStatement->execute()

#1 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/PageFinder.php(147): DatabaseQuery->execute()

#2 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/Pages.php(144): PageFinder->find(Object(Selectors), Array)

#3 [internal function]: Pages->___find('path=/pwb/page/...', Array)

#4 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/Wire.php(359): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#5 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/Wire.php(317): Wire->runHooks('find', Array)

#6 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/Pages.php(214): Wire->__call('find', Array)

#7 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/Pages.php(214): Pages->find('path=/pwb/page/...', Array)

#8 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/core/Pages.php(229): Pages->findOne('path=/pwb/page/...')

#9 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(184): Pages->get('path=/pwb/page/...')

#10 /var/www/html/pwb/wire/modules/Proce

This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

Any suggestions?.. :)

Thank you.

When you say that the editor doesn't appear, can you clarify? Does that mean you see nothing but a white page? Or maybe you see a plain textarea rather than a rich text field? Or just no field where there used to be one (as if it didn't exist?)

Looking at the SQL error, do you know what language ID is 1160? I'm wondering if that might be your default language. It looks like you have the LanguageSupportPageNames module installed, just wanted to confirm? How many languages are installed? Do you have any other 3rd party modules installed? Lastly, you mentioned upgrading to dev, but do you know what version of dev? If you aren't sure what version, I may be able to tell if you know approximately what date you grabbed it. 

I have foud the source of my problem: missing of Russian language files for 'codemagic' TinyMCE plugin stopped TinyMCE loading when Russian language selected in admin profile.

Simply renaming file 'en.js' to 'ru.js' in '/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/tinymce-3.5.8/plugins/codemagic/langs' resolved this issue for me. So I'm ready to search new one...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to sort tags when editing a page. So I tried the blog profile with PW 2.3.8 on XAMPP 1.7.7/Windows 7.

I found that while the tags field is defined as Select, in the editing form it is definitely a PageAutocomplete.

post-1195-0-87333300-1387719147_thumb.pn

post-1195-0-16736200-1387720312_thumb.pn

I tried a custom selector ("parent=/tags/,sort=name") with the "Selectable Pages" dialogue and, sure enough, when I saved it, the page edit field changed to a Select. The PageAutocomplete option is not even available (I checked and it's installed).

post-1195-0-69646000-1387719816_thumb.pn

These are the first and only things I've done after install.

Regarding sort, I then changed the input field type to AsmSelect keeping the custom selector, but the tags list is still not sorted (see the second image).

OK, this one should be on a different topic.

Do you have both a parent and template selected under "selectable pages"? Check again the full instructions if needed http://processwire.com/videos/selecting-and-adding-pages-with-autocomplete/

Thanks for replying, Diogo.

I checked (because I didn't touch it, so it should be as the profile sets it), and it has both settings:

post-1195-0-36904700-1387753443_thumb.pn

1084 is the ID of the "Tags" page.

Also, it's not connected to PageAutocomplete, here you have the admin page for the "Technicals Details" from the blog, the field being set as AsmSelect:

post-1195-0-19448400-1387753444_thumb.pn

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I read through the blog profile and found the solution, in subsequent posts, to this challenge: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/1394-blog-profile/?p=26729.

Mine is slightly different in that, as a superuser, I want to be able to change the author for each blog post. Anyone know how I can go about doing this? Thanks in advance for any help.