CKEditor Feature Parity with Replaced Components

Jason Huck

The custom dialogs for inserting links and images in CKEditor are missing some features available in a stock install that routinely cause me headaches. Two that come to mind right now are:

- When inserting an image, you should be able to enter just one dimension and leave the other one blank, and you should be able to use other units besides pixels (for instance, percentages).

- When inserting a mailto: link, you should be able to specify a subject line.

Would love to see these make their way into the PW dialogs.

On 8/4/2016 at 8:12 PM, Jason Huck said:

- When inserting an image, you should be able to enter just one dimension and leave the other one blank [...]

Just a quick comment on this one: if you enter just one dimension, doesn't that automatically update the other one? At least in my case it does :)

54 minutes ago, teppo said:

Just a quick comment on this one: if you enter just one dimension, doesn't that automatically update the other one? At least in my case it does :)

If it's a fixed pixel dimension, yes. If it's a percentage (at least, last time I tried it in a stock CKEditor install) it leaves the other value blank.

On 5/08/2016 at 5:12 AM, Jason Huck said:

When inserting a mailto: link, you should be able to specify a subject line.

Technically you can specify a subject line in the PW link dialog, but there isn't a dedicated field for it.

mailto:me@mydomain.com?subject=my subject line