Page architecture question

deltavik

Hey guys, 

I discovered PW this weekend and have been playing with it. Loving it so far. I am a Wordpress developer, and PW seems much more natural and organized in comparison.

For my test-drive, I am building a site on a simple use case of building a news website.  A writer will write stories and tag them under "categories" and "tags."  If I were to do this in WP, I would use WP's taxonomy to tag stories in tags and categories. 

To realize this in PW, this is my plan: Create a page for "story" that contains two repeater fields -- one for "tag," and other for "category."  I would like to add description and image to each tag and category. The question is: how can I have fields for tag and category, which themselves are fields?

OR, is there another, better way? Maybe instead of creating fields for tags and categories, I can create pages for tags and categories? And then somehow  link these two pages as "fields" in the story page?

What would you advise?

Ideally, I would like to have a user experience of a typical taxonomy entry for, like this: taxonomy entry on this forum  But I don't think it is possible in PW. 

thanks

Vikram

19 minutes ago, deltavik said:

The link you suggested is almost what I wanted to do. However, for the module to work, I will need to have the tag and category pages already created. But I want to be able to create new tags while I am creating a page.

From the module readme...

Use TAB to create new Pages with the currently typed name.

And you can also use the core Autocomplete inputfield to add pages on-the-fly providing the conditions on the "Input" tab are met...

2016-08-03_100656.png

Edited by Robin S
Added info on Autocomplete inputfield
  • Like 4