Edit code for Back-end pages

MichaPau

Hello ProcessWire Community,

I'm new to processwire.

I trying to find the corresponding code for certain backend pages.

For example where is the code for the myDomain/processwire/access/users/edit/?id=[someUserId] page located ?

My first attempt was to look in wire/core/ but there's so much files inside that I don't know where to start to look.

I am just playing around on localhost with the MultiLang profile installation.

In my case I would like to change the password field restrictions in Access->Users->add/edit User

Although I can locate the wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfeldPassword code, I don't think it's the right place to change something there.

Perhaps I am wrong but I guess I can declare the requirements and complexityFactor for that field somewhere in the code for that special page?,I mean in the template file for that page ? But I can't locate it. How is a certain url in the backoffice linked to the file structure?

I am conscious that on a production server I would not want to change that, but I try to understand how processwire is constructed.

Any directions appreciated...

Hi MichaPau and welcome to the forums.

To change the password requirements go here: /setup/field/edit?id=3

You can access this via Setup > Fields, then under Filters, select built in fields and then edit the pass field.

If you are running a recent version of PW 3 or 2.8 you will see these options:

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 8.53.01 AM.png

Back to your more general question, the ProcessWire Info panel of TracyDebugger (http://modules.processwire.com/modules/tracy-debugger/) will tell you the "Process" of the current page - see the "Process: ProcessUser" entry on the sixth row. That tells you that the User editing page is using the ProcessUser.module at /wire/modules/Process/ProcessUser/ProcessUser.module

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 8.54.43 AM.png

• Like 4

Just now, MichaPau said:

TracyDebugger is definitely very useful! (I just had to figure out that I have to enable it for the backend...)

Ah yes, sorry I didn't think to mention that - I think typically it's not something most users will want on the back-end, which is why it's only on the front-end by default.

• Like 1