Please bring back the "Mark as solved" button

dotnetic

I'm afraid it doesn't exist in the new version - they stripped out a bunch of features that weren't used on the majority of sites to trim the features down a bit and that was one that went unfortunately. There doesn't even seem to be a third-party plugin to bring it back either.

@Pete Did the list of trimmed features include the ability to mark individual posts as read from the 'All activity' and 'Unread' pages? I miss that feature a lot from the old version, I used to use it in conjunction with the list of all unread posts from the last 24 hours.

• Like 1

@netcarver I had to take a look at the old forum to see what you meant - I'd never even noticed that feature before :D

Since that still exists in the forum view you would think it would be easy enough to drop the code back into the new activity stream view, but alas it's not that easy. I'll take a look, but it's unlikely it will be possible since the same template is used for topics in the stream as is used for status updates so it's a bit of a complex minefield.