new tuts+ tutorial beginners module writing

benbyf

Thanks for writing this. It's surely a place where the current docs are a bit lacking in details.

You could clarify a bit more that the hooked function (___save()) does need to have those three underscores, whereas the function executed by the hook (helloMessage()) does not (but can). Also getModule() is not really often used in processwire's docs, I'd rather use $modules->get('FrontEndRender') and even this would work $modules->FrontEndRender

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LostKobrakai said:

Thanks for writing this. I'd surely a place where the current docs are a bit lacking in details.

You could clarify a bit more that the hooked function (___save()) does need to have those three underscores, whereas the function executed by the hook (helloMessage()) does not (but can). Also getModule() is not really often used in processwire's docs, I'd rather use $modules->get('FrontEndRender') and even this would work $modules->FrontEndRender

Thanks! Would you mind adding this in brief as a comment to the tutorial? I'm sure it'll be useful to people.

• Like 2