Forms engine

elabx

Hi everyone!

I'm building some Liferay portlets for a call center and I'm looking for form engines like Alpaca Forms which is the one I'm currently using (and fits my needs), but I would only like to ask around if someone knows of a similar alternative when it comes to generating forms on the front. 

• Like 1

Yes! It has been actually a very cool finding too, and very useful. This post intention was to just look for options , I always try to do this before finally deciding to use a library or some resource for development. Although right now I'm already prototyping in Alpaca.

My reasoning was that form generation must be a problem that must have been solved before, just like PW's very own form API.  So maybe somewhere on the Internet I had missed an important tool from the past , just like I had missed PW for a few years :)

Nette Forms: I have a very beta module of it. It doesn't have a UI to build forms and I don't plan to add such so it may not suit for everyone. I can send a copy to check, though as I wrote it's not quite ready for production.

• Like 5

I can only support @tpr. nette/forms is a really nice package if you don't need a UI. With some upfront time you can really cater the markup to your needs and it'll still be easy/fast to configure new forms. But probably the best part of it is the one-time config for server and client side validation, which is even extendible even though I never needed to add anything. It doesn't come with so many prebuild sets of fields as alpaca forms (I've even seen table editing :o), but I've added a few custom Inputfields to my nette/forms installation and it's not to hard to do. 

• Like 3

@LostKobrakai, @tpr

Indeed I had seen Nette forms! I am yet to try them when developing on Processwire but it does seem like THE choice.

I missed being more specific that I was looking for a Javascript solution, completely on the "view" side of things, just because I'm working on Java right now and it would seem a bit cumbersome to mix it with PHP (although in Liferay it appears to be quite possible).

Thanks for the input!