Selectors sort by parent title|id

ttttim

I have an event page were you can select multiple sub-categories with a page field using checkboxes. Now i want to display all the sub-categories but also have them sorted by their parent category. I tried something lik below but that didn't work.

$tags = $event_cat->find("sort=$event_cat->parent");
foreach ($tags as $tag){
	echo $tag;
}

Any ideas?

Hi Tim,

What is the structure of your tree? I've read your question twice, but can't seem to understand what you mean. You can sort by subfields like:

$pages->find("template=test, sort=parent.title, sort=page_field.sort");

Perhaps that is what you are looking for?

• Like 1

If your parent categories are siblings you can do this:

$page->my_page_field->sort("parent.sort");

(You can do it anyway even if they're not siblings but the sort might not make much sense in that case.)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Repeater Easy Sort
      Adds a compact "easy-sort" mode to Repeater and Repeater Matrix, making those fields easier to sort when there are a large number of items.
      The module also enhances Repeater Matrix by allowing a colour to be set for each matrix type. This colour is used in the item headers and in the "add new" links, to help visually distinguish different matrix types in the inputfield.
      Screencasts
      A Repeater field

A Repeater Matrix field with custom header colours

Easy-sort mode
      Each Repeater/Matrix item gets an double-arrow icon in the item header. Click this icon to enter easy-sort mode.
      While in easy-sort mode:
      The items will reduce in width so that more items can be shown on the screen at once. The minimum width is configurable in the field settings. Any items that were in an open state are collapsed, but when you exit easy-sort mode the previously open items will be reopened. You can drag an item left/right/up/down to sort it within the items. The item that you clicked the icon for is shown with a black background. This makes it easier to find the item you want to move in easy-sort mode. You can click an item header to open the item. An "Exit easy-sort mode" button appears at the bottom of the inputfield. Configuration
      In the field settings for Repeater and Repeater Matrix fields you can define a minimum width in pixels for items in easy-sort mode. While in easy-sort mode the items will be sized to neatly fill the available width on any screen size but will never be narrower than the width you set here.
      In the field settings for Repeater Matrix you can define a custom header colour for each matrix type using an HTML "color" type input. The default colour for this type of input is black, so when black is selected in the input it means that no custom colour will be applied to the header.
      Exclusions
      The easy-sort mode is only possible on Repeater/Matrix fields that do not use the "item depth" option.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterEasySort
      https://processwire.com/modules/repeater-easy-sort/
    • By Joachim
      Long time user and huge fan of PW, but this time I can't find an answer to my question this time:
      For my social media buttons, I have a Repeater field called var_link_web with two fields: one is for the URL, and the other is an Images field containing two images that are used as a background-image for a <div>, of which the second is the ':hover' version (although activated through JavaScript here). 
      There are four instances of this Repeater, of which two are 'turned off'.
      I use the following PHP in my _main.php to call them, wrapped in <p><?php == ?></p>:
      $s_m_button = $variables->var_link_web; foreach($s_m_button as $button){ $button_image = $button->var_link_image->first->height(80); $button_image2 = $button->var_link_image->eq(1)->height(80); echo " <a href='$button->var_link_url'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url({$button_image->url})' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage=url({$button_image2->url})' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage=url({$button_image->url})'> </div> </a>"; }; ($variables leads to an unpublished page with several fields I want to have easy access to, and is defined in _init.php.)
      However, this gives me the following result:

I have no idea where the extra <p>'s come from. The URL field has the 'HTML Entity Encoder' turned on. What's even weirder is that the HTML source file seemingly renders correctly:
      <p> <a href='https://www.facebook.com/'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square.0x80.png)' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square2.0x80.png)"' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square.0x80.png)"'> </div> </a> <a href='https://www.instagram.com/'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square.0x80.png)' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square2.0x80.png)"' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square.0x80.png)"'> </div> </a> </p> Removing the JavaScript has no effect. I'm probably missing something obvious, but am at a loss here.

Thank you in advance!
    • By Robin S
      Lister Selector
      A Process module that uses Lister/ListerPro, but with a selector string input instead of the normal InputfieldSelector filters.
      Features
      For power users, typing a selector string is often faster and more intuitive than fiddling with InputfieldSelector. It also lets you copy/paste selector strings that you might be using somewhere else in your code.
      Allows the Lister rows to be sorted by multiple fields (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)
      Allows the use of OR-groups (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)
      If ListerPro is installed you can run ListerPro actions on the listed pages - the available actions are defined in the module config.
      Bookmarks can be configured in the module config and accessed via the flyout menu for the module page. For your convenience you can copy/paste a bookmark string from the note at the bottom of the Lister Selector results.
      Usage
      Type your selector string on the Selector tab. The selector is applied when the "Selector string" field is blurred, so hit Tab when you have finished typing your selector.
      Unlike Lister/ListerPro, you can't sort results by clicking the column headings. Control the sort within the selector string instead.
      Superusers can jump to the module config (e.g. to create a bookmark) by clicking the cog icon at the top right of the module interface.
      The module is mostly intended for use by superusers, because in most cases site editors won't understand the ProcessWire selector string syntax. If you want another role to be able to access Lister Selector then give the role the "lister-selector" permission. Only superusers can define bookmarks because in ProcessWire module config screens are only accessible to superusers.
      Screenshots
      Process page

Module config (when ListerPro is installed)

Advanced
      If for any reason you want to create dynamic bookmark links to Lister Selector for a given selector you can do that like this:
      /** @var $pls ProcessListerSelector */ $pls = $modules->get('ProcessListerSelector'); // Define selector $selector = "template=foo, title%=bar"; // Define columns (optional) $columns = 'title,modified'; $pls_link = $pls->getProcessPage()->url . '?bm=' . $pls->urlSafeBase64Encode($selector . ':' . $columns); echo "<a href='$pls_link'>My link</a>";  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/ProcessListerSelector
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-lister-selector/
    • By Marvin
      Hello, excuse me
      I'm new at processwire, i want to ask about a master detail system (Inheritance system) using a processwire. Can we create a Inheritance table using a processwire, and how we create it? Thank you for the help
    • By Peter Knight
      Hey I'm building my first new site in well over a year and am a little rusty on selectors but particularly retrieving sub-fields of selected pages.
      I am trying to output the meta data of a blog post as follows.
      [Person Name] is just a field with a Page Reference and simple enough.
      [Job Title] is the sub-field within the page that was referenced above.
      I actually have it working with the following:
      Posted by: <?php if($page->insight_author) { echo $page->insight_author("<a href='{url}'>{title}</a>");} ?> , <?php $roles = $page->insight_author; foreach ($roles as $role) { echo "{$role->staff_role}";} ?> but was wondering how to do this with selector sub-selectors instead. My current code is probably quite 'old school'?
      Thanks