PW 3.0.25 & 2.8.25 – Enhanced page finding selectors

ryan

Hi Ryan and crew - thanks alot for this update - awsome as usual and making me looking forward to new goodies awaiting us every next friday evening. I'm relatively new here and have become a great fan of processwire within very little time.

But in 3.0.25 there seems to be a bug (or some incompatibility?):

Since I updated from 3.0.24 to 3.0.25 all the "create new" links under my input-pagefields  (from "allow new pages to be created from field") are gone. When replacing back the wire folder to version 3.0.22 (which I had kept) they appear again! This works back and forth. So I have a solution to work with but of course it would be nice to be able to update to higher versions.

Has anybody else observed this issue?

Thanks in advance for any fixing or explanation.

Markus from rainy switzerland

• Like 2

@ryan, you say in the blog post:

While you could have also accomplished this with nested sub-selectors, the syntax may have kept you from pursuing it, even when you could.

If a person is comfortable enough writing nested sub-selectors (or already has some code with nested sub-selectors) is there a reason to switch to the new a.b.c.d syntax besides it being more concise/readable? Would there be any performance difference?