Changing field type after making field

electricarts

Hi,

i just discovered that i can't change the field type after making a field. I made a field "checkbox" and later i decided to want that field as a radio button (Select Options Fieldtype) with two options. But i can't change it under "Basics" -> "Type". I've to delete the field and then make it new. Then i can choose the Select Options Fieldtype. I'm doing something wrong?

PW 3.0.24

Mario

Hi Benjamin,

no, i think i've explained it wrong. I made a field with the field type of "Checkbox". But now i wanna change it from "Checkbox" to "Options". But under the "Type" select menu i didn't see "Options".  (see screenshot)

I've to completely delete the field and make a new one. There i have the possibility to choose "Option". 

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.45.01.png

Checkbox does not have any specific fieldtypes it's compatable with, therefore it's listing all Fieldtype – but not FieldtypeMulti – subclasses. It's rather damn strange that FieldtypeRepeaters is not a subclass of FieldtypeMulti. Options and Page fields on the other hand are, which is why they're not listed.

• Like 2