PW 3.0.23 & 2.8.23: Multi-language, repeaters & more

ryan

Nice updates Ryan.  Love the remember open repeaters option.  Minor tweaks and modifications like this adds time saved to the user.  This is what sets ProcessWire apart from the rest! :D

One thing I had noticed, with the upgrade from 3.0.22 to 3.0.23 on local dev and live site upgrades I had tested, the old renamed (wire 3.0.22 folder) is removed/deleted?

Debug mode on and showed no errors.

Very nice updates! I wish you worked more on mutilanguage sites to get such great improvements

Thanks. All sites that I currently work on are multi-language (other than this one we are at now). 

One thing I had noticed, with the upgrade from 3.0.22 to 3.0.23 on local dev and live site upgrades I had tested, the old renamed (wire 3.0.22 folder) is removed/deleted?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, as the core doesn't remove or rename anything. When the SystemUpdater detects a version change, it clears the modules cache (in the database), but that's about it. Make sure when you upgrade that you replace your entire /wire/ directory (renaming or removing the old one first). 

Hey Ryan,

Sorry I hadn't posted earlier, I just waited until next version was out to make a vid.  More great updates btw! (save and edit next addition)

Using the ProcessWireUpgrade module, this used to auto rename wire to old version and then install new version, leaving the old wire directory in-place as wire 3.0.x and I always went in and deleted this directory if the upgrade went well.  Since 3.0.22 the old wire directory appears, but after I hit the install button, this gets removed.  I just wasn't sure if this should be the case now or not and wanted to report it if it's irregular behaviour. :)

If this is normal though, it is just now working as it should for me and just ignore this post. :)

upgrade.gif

4 hours ago, grimezy said:

Using the ProcessWireUpgrade module, this used to auto rename wire to old version and then install new version, leaving the old wire directory in-place as wire 3.0.x and I always went in and deleted this directory if the upgrade went well.  Since 3.0.22 the old wire directory appears, but after I hit the install button, this gets removed.

I personally haven't noticed this and hope it's not happening - the Version Switching panel in Tracy relies on these renamed folders/files being left after the upgrade. Maybe going back to old versions is not that critical for the average user, but as a module developer, it is super convenient to be able to instantly switch between versions, including the 2.x and 3.x branch. And honestly I think it can be useful for others too for helping to report core PW bugs - it makes for a very quick way to revert to previous versions to see if the problem exists there also.

• Like 1