How can I turn off the default descriptions of URL and email fieldtypes?

vknt

First world problem I know, but it's annoying me that some fieldtype stick out. See below. If I try to put a spacebar in the field, it's height is still not the same as the others.

Thx in advance for any suggestions to solve this.

default_description.png

These are floated blocks rather than a table, so the height of one doesn't affect the others. Though I wish it did. I probably wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I was using a table for layout here. :) Perhaps we can use a little JS to make them consistent in height when in the same row. Though, it's a bit of a questionable thing to do because fields aren't fixed height and may adjust dynamically as needed (like multi page reference inputs for instance).

Ryan, he means the default URL description text. Which is nice, but if you enter a space in the description there will be still a space above the input text field. I figured that adding in a 0 (zero) will ommit it completely, thus no space anymore.

I think there should be the default text in the field description, or none at all. So you can input or leave it empty, without asking anyone. :)

AS for the other problem of field heights. It's annoying and I started a js script that would set all (in one row) to the height of the highest. Unfortunately it's more of a bad hack to something that should be possible in browsers since a decade (imho) and will fail for the reason you mention. Maybe we will find some solution here that works better.

• Like 1

Ryan, he means the default URL description text. Which is nice, but if you enter a space in the description there will be still a space above the input text field. I figured that adding in a 0 (zero) will ommit it completely, thus no space anymore.

Thanks Soma, that was a solution what I was hoping for. For me it was not a dealbreaker that they are not the same height, because I can add or remove all descriptions of the same row. But for emails and urls I didn't have a choice.

I think there should be the default text in the field description, or none at all. So you can input or leave it empty, without asking anyone. :)

Agree! +1

Thankyou all for the replies.

@Ryan: Which browsers does PW actually support? There might be a solution without JS. And another related suggestion: AFAIR fieldsets are not floatable, but that would come in handy for arranging multiple floats. Perhaps a suggestion for a next version update. Will also take look, I really love the flexibility of the admin but there is always something more to achieve ;-)

PW should support all current generation browsers: FF, Webkit, IE9 (and IE8 for the most part). I don't see any prob with supporting floatable fieldsets (I'd forgotten we didn't already), so will plan to make any needed updates to support that.