Possible Bug: Can't save with Image Field in Repeater

sekru

Hello,

I have a problem on my production web server (All inkl, Germany). I can not save pages with a Repeater and an Image inside there. Firefox says: "Error: Connection interrupted". Nothing in the ProcessWire-Logs.

The Problem only appers, if the Repeater-Field ist loaded/opened. Otherwise everything is ok.

Has anybody an idea, how I can narrow down the problem?

PW 3.0.22 (and 17), PHP 7.0.6

Thanks
sekru

Hi sekru,

Do you have the possibility to test - maybe on a local dev server - another version of PHP ?

I try to reproduce your issue without success. The repeater with an image field inside work as expected on PW-3.0.22 / PHP 5.5. I will try later on a PHP-7 version as I dont have any dev server at this moment..

How long tooks it until it interrupts the connection?

Does it also interrupt if you use the default PHP version of that server, this what is bundled as apache_module and not a one of the cgi versions?

Cache and cookies are not the problem. Same error ( ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE ) in Google Chrome.

It took only half of a second till the connection is "interrupted".

I tested it with PHP 5.6 (modul), PHP 5.6 (CGI) and PHP 7 (CGI). It's always the same.

Hey Sekru,

Have you checked your server permissions? I have had similar issues using MAMP a month ago. At least in my case, the issue was due to hosting the site folder via MAMP on an internal server (set up on windows). I noticed that the permissions set on the internal server were overriding my linux hosting permissions. Even though I had the server set to 777 in MAMP, the windows server were not actually granting these permissions. I understand that my case might be a really odd one, but it is worth looking into.