Internal server error when trying to edit a page

Christoph

I've a strange problem I never run into before.

When I try to edit one special page in the admin, I get this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can edit every other page except one.
I can't find anything in the server log files and there is no hint in the assets/logs error file.

I'm using PHP 5.6 and PW 3.0.5
Until 2 days ago, everything worked just fine, maybe it's related to the fact that the client edited the page recently?
But I can't figure out what the problem is.
Thanks for some hints!

Hey Christoph,

That's very limited information to provide hints.

Is the template using page fields?

What fields do you use?

Can you edit/create other pages with the same template under the same parent?

Does the same error occur on your local environment?

Have you turned on $config->debug in /site/config.php? That will hopefully give you more information on what is causing the error.

Hi Arjen, 
thanks for your reply.

I try to provide a bit more:

The template uses a few text fields and a repeater field (where most of the client's changes happen)

There is just one page using this template. (Although the overview under setup > templates says "2")

I turned on $config->debug but it didn't show any further hint.

The front-end just works perfect. The page using that template shows all infos. No errors.

Unfortunately I have no local environment for this project.

Internal Server Errors are a pain to debug, especially if the server logs do not give any useful information. I'm always doing the die() debugging on such things, e.g. Going to ProcessPageEdit.module and putting die() at various stages an see when the error disappears for a probably blank screen. This way you can at least narrow it down to where the error does happen, which might help finding the issue behind it.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help, guys!

Now, I think I've crashed the whole thing.
Just changed ProcessPageEdit.module and I'm getting  "error: class 'Process not found in ProcessPageEdit.module

Changed it back and error ist still there. What's going on here?  :(

@Arjen

Before I changed ProcessPageEdit.module I created a testpage with the same template. could edit it without any problem.

And yes, there was one page in the trash with this template

Does this work with internal server errors? I mean the server isn't even able to respond anything in this case.

It might give more insight if there are warning or errors when loading another page with the same template under the same parent. Perhaps it'll give more info. Recently I had a Page field with "Custom PHP code to find selectable pages". ProcessWire gave a warning on one page since it had no value, but an internal server error on another page which had a value. Without Tracy this was really hard to debug.

Thanks for your help, guys!

@Arjen

Before I changed ProcessPageEdit.module I created a testpage with the same template. could edit it without any problem.

And yes, there was one page in the trash with this template

You could also check in the database if there is strange stuff going on in the fields being used. 

Thanks for your help, again!

Update: I copied the whole website to a different server and now everything works fine, again.
The mentioned page that I couldn't edit before is now editable, but what I recognized is, that it takes a few seconds to load the page in the admin.
I'm using a repeater field to manage a ton of dates (> 50) and I guess that this could've been a problem for the old server?
Nonetheless, everything fine for now.