CK Editor - rlt - for Arabic

Hey there,

I am using PW for more than two years now and it satisfied me in all scales. Can just say: Build Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Easier.

Now we are up to make a site for refugees also in arabic and farsi.

Frontend is no problem, but how to make the Textarea/CK Editor Right to Left for Arabic?

… and/or custom Css to the Languages - is there a proper way?

Thx,

Tom

• Like 2

1. Download the CKeditor plugin there : http://ckeditor.com/addon/bidi
  2. Extract the BiDi folder into your /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/
  3. Enable Plugin in Fieldsettings of the TextareaField under the Input Tab -> Plugins (checkbox)
  4. In CKEditor Settings -> CKEditor Toolbar, add this line :
    BidiLtr, BidiRtl, Language

Now you have three new buttons post-4048-0-91404000-1465805084.png

refs:

• Like 4

It is a good question.

In a good world you can use the dir="rtl" on a HTML element [click for more info]. But, to have it on the PW backend...

---

A temporary and poor "solution" would be to add dir="rtl" to the HTML tag of the theme you are using on the backend, resulting in a page with full RTL direction.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html dir="rtl" lang="ar">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">

I tested it on the RenoAdminTheme, its a pain, as the css is not set to be RTL but it work on Textfield & co.

Feel free to test it on other themes if it fit your needs - until we get better answer ;) .

@Tom :  which backend theme are you using ?

• Like 1

… and/or custom Css to the Languages - is there a proper way?

Not hundred percent sure, but maybe you can make use of the AdminCustomFiles module. Besides others, it lets you create an AdminThemeDefault.css and an AdminThemeReno.css file under site/templates/AdminCustomFiles/. There you can write all your custom css in regard to each theme.

In regard how to determine which language is active, I must admit that I don't know this. This is left over for others to answer, sorry.

---

And welcome to the forums, you PW-veteran. :)

... I am using PW for more than two years now and it satisfied me in all scales. ...

Edited by horst