Problem with Ajax images upload and SessionHandlerDB

Soma

I just wanted to know if anyone can reproduce this behaviour:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/1871

Install SessionHandlerDB and upload a bunch of jpg to an images field. They upload fine and show but after saving the page some images are not saved and wont show anymore. They're still in the assets folder but orphaned.

Thanks

• Like 2

I can confirm this. This persist since a long time back in the past.

Since then, we only upload bunches of images packed as zip archive.

But until now, I wasn't aware that it may have to do with the SessionHandlerDB.

• Like 1

Well I think we'll have to stick with this bug still for a long time since Ryan can't reproduce it. I just installed again a vanilla PW locally and same scenario once SessionHandlerDB is installed.

• Like 1

I just came across another issue with SessionHandlerDB - I am getting the following error with the latest Tracy dev core when trying to reopen a session.

1406 Data too long for column 'data' at row 1' in SessionHandlerDB/SessionHandlerDB.module:109

I will be looking into this further shortly, but just wondering if this might have something to do with the image upload as well. Maybe the data field simply needs to be changed to mediumtext or longtext, or maybe it's more complicated. I am definitely having some issues though too with the session being closed that only happens when SessionHandlerDB is installed.

• Like 2