Loosing a character in automatic page name: bug?

Xonox

Hi,

The sites I develop using ProcessWire are, lots of times, in portuguese where we use accented characters. The problem is that when we add a page with a title like:

Cães, Canhões e Fátima

The page name I get is:

c-es-canhoes-e-fatima

When it should be:

caes-canhoes-e-fatima

As you can see, we're loosing the "a" with the respective SEO penalty. Usually, my clients can't be bothered to make the change manually, wich I think is fair on their part.

As far as I can tell,"ã" is the only character that has that problem.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do not to loose that "a" in the URL?

Thanks!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thanks guys! Each time I have a question I end up liking ProcessWire more and more! Everything can be reached just around the corner.

I think that "ã = a" should be default. It's strange everything working BUT that one.

By the way, it's: Admin > Modules > Core > InputfieldPageName

Thanks again for the quick response.

• Like 5

I think that "ã = a" should be default.

We can propose that on Github. Done.

... and thanks for noting where the module is (and what its correct name). I know that we have this, but everytime I need it, forget how it is named and where to find it.

• Like 2

Ah, so you have this ~ with o and u, but not with a?

And in portuguese, there is no o and u with that ~?

In portuguese there's o with ~ but not u. However, o with ~ is working fine, no need to add it.

... and in my tests, u with ~ is also working.

Interesting! You are right, the õ is already in. In PW 2.7 stable too!

But I cannot find one with the u ??

You're right. My test was not done well. I can't even insert an u with ~ through my keyboard because it doesn't exist in the portuguese language. I was inserting the page title field and watching the page name field for the result. You're absolutely right.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now