PW3: URLs not working in Chrome + Safari

berechar

Hi all,

I'm currently developing a PW3 site in Firefox, and wanted to see how the site was doing in Chrome + Safari. Unfortunately I can't visit any of the pages, except the homepage. How can this be resolved? I've never seen this behaviour before :-)

Best

Hi berechar!

It just might be that all of your pages are not published. As you are logged in in Firefox, you can access those pages (that is the way PW works). But they are not accessible for guest users (which are you in other browsers).

• Like 4

Thanks AndZyk and Ivan for your replys!

It seems that Ivan is right, when I login I'm able to visit each page. But I don't get why I can't visit those pages when I'm a guest.

I haven't tinkered with any user settings ;-)

As Ivan suggested, did you check if your pages are in "Published" state? (Edit a page and see if you have the Publish button)

Other causes could be that you installed a modul that prevents from "guests" to visit any page like the maintenance mode or protected mode modules?

Also check if your templates have the correct rights set, so that the guest user is generally allowed to view the template's pages.

Hope this helps.

Every page is published.

The modules which I have installed are TemplateEngineFactory and PageReferencesTab. Shouldn't have any businesss with view access...

The home-template gives view access to the guest role, all the other templates inherit this.

It seems to be the issue for every browser. Whenever you are logged out (being a guest), you are trapped on the homepage.

Is there a way to somehow 'see' what's happening? How this bounce occurs? I couldn't find any message regarding this behaviour in the logs folder.

When editing the pages (homepage and one of the not-working sub pages), you can go to the "Settings" tab and verify under
"Who can access this page?" that the access settings are done right and inherited properly.

It should show for both, that at least "guest(everyone)" can "VIEW" the pages.

Other then that... I'm out of idea.
Could you maybe explain what happens exactly when logged out? You just receive a blank page, or are prompted to login, or smth. else?

The access settings are all right. The guest van VIEW any page.

When I visit the site as a guest, I can visit the home page, but clicking on a link (eg. /about) sends me back to the home page.

When I try to visit a page directly (eg. www.website.local/about) it also sends me back to the home page.

The home page is correctly displayed.

This never happened with the PW2.7, so there should be something going on with PW3. Unfortunately I can't find any records of this behaviour....

You should try to disable your thirdparty modules one after the other and see if it changes the behave (what I assume). Especially modules that deal with templates when you encounter issues with templates! At least, the Template Engine Factory states as compatible up to 2.7 and not compatible with PW 3+! But it can be that it works well and the problem is with another third party module. You just have to debug it.

PS:

There is also a module that presents you an acces rigths screen: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-access-overview/

• Like 1