tpr

AdminOnSteroids

I couldn't reproduce (latest Chrome and Firefox). Could you check what CSS rule is causing this? Apparently the page title is there but not visible because the page IDs are not aligned to the left. It could be also handy to see the markup of a failing pagelist item.

• Like 1

Well, I tested the admin with the following browsers:

Opera - Version:58.0.3135.107

Chrome - Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Here is the markup of one of the hidden pages 404 Not found:

Spoiler

<div class="PageListItem PageListTemplate_404 PageListNoChildren PageListID27 PageListStatusHidden secondary PageListStatusSystem" data-numtotal="0" data-numchild="0"><a href="#" title="/http404/" class="PageListPage label"><span class="label_title" data-pid="27">404 Not Found</span></a><span class="PageListNumChildren detail"></span><ul class="PageListActions actions"><li class="PageListActionEdit"><a href="/admin/page/edit/?id=27" class="pw-modal pw-modal-large pw-modal-longclick" data-buttons="#ProcessPageEdit > .Inputfields > .InputfieldSubmit .ui-button">Edit</a></li><li class="PageListActionView"><a href="http://quebec.pw/http404/" class="pw-modal pw-modal-large pw-modal-longclick">View</a></li><li class="PageListActionNew"><a href="/admin/page/add/?parent_id=27">New</a></li><li class="PageListActionMove"><a href="#">Move</a></li><li class="PageListActionEdit"><a href="http://quebec.pw/admin/setup/template/edit?id=43" class="pw-modal pw-modal-large pw-modal-longclick" data-buttons="#ProcessPageEdit > .Inputfields > .InputfieldSubmit .ui-button">404</a></li><li class="PageListActionExtras ui-priority-secondary"><a href="#" class="clickExtras"><i class="fa fa-angle-right"></i></a></li></ul></div>

Here is a preview of all the rows to compare classes:

image.thumb.png.fb4ea83897b9a4dd467242d6862bc207.png

I checked a few classes and if I change the opacity from 0.6 to any number and back - it shows properly:

.PageList .PageListStatusHidden>a.PageListPage {
    opacity: .5;
}

Not sure why, but will test to remove all other modules to make sure that the issue is not caused by one of them.

P.S. To be sure it is not a local OS (Server 2016) or Browser issue, tested on another PC with Windows 10 and the result is still the same. As far as it is quite late now here, I will try to get an earlier version of the AOS and see if the issue would appear as well. Will keep you updated and thanks for checking it up.

• Like 1

So changing the opacity back and forth fixes it? That is weird, does it happen in incognito mode too?

So, I've tried this morning to remove all the modules but the AOS and the hidden items still were hidden unless I move the mouse over them, but then after a page reload, they "hide" again.

I did test it in Incognito on both computers and still see the same thing.

After replacing the AOS 2.0.15 version with the 2.0.14 - it is all working fine so there must be something that is happening with the new version, but what and where is not clear yet. At least it is not related to my browser, computer and even the local server prior to the fact that it worked like a charm under 2.0.14 and it still does.

P.S. After an upgrade from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 - the hidden pages get "hidden" again.

• Like 1

@adrian Is it happening for you with 2.0.14? As with me it just started doing the same issue as you've reported, however with 2.0.14 it works fine. And as I said, what is even stranger, if I remove the class for hidden items in developers mode and put it back, it starts working, so it is only on the page loading that it happens. I know I should not say that, but it is a bit of a relief as it is not local on my side and I am not going crazy. Go figure 😉

P.S. Somehow it seems like I was wrong with the assumption about 2.0.14 as well as the admin was showing properly, but I forgot that I've disabled the show ID option. So it is not working with both unfortunately and I guess until it is clear what is causing, I could just live without showing the ID beside the page.

@tpr - while we're at it, I am been having issues with page scrolling - when there are lots of fields or templates such that the dropdown menu extends beyond the viewport height, AOS prevents me from scrolling the page to access those items towards the bottom of the list. It is due to the UiKit sticky header setting.

Well I don't know how could I fix the long menu issue, sticky works just this way.

@MilenKo Are you also on Mac? As I know adrian also is.

• Like 1

@tpr Nope, I am on Windows as I've mentioned it earlier (Server 2016 & Windows 10 latest upgrades) but testing it on Linux did the same. I can test it on Mac as well but am not sure that would fix it prior to the fact that @adrian already had the issue on his one.
 a

This has something to do that the markup is different here, there is a span.label_title around the page title's text. This has came up earlier too but I couldn't figure out why.

I googled around and found a WebKit bug that could cause this. Could you try applying this CSS? If it works via devtools, please try adding this to aos.min.css (just append to the end):

.PageList .PageListItem {
    transform: scale3d(1,1,1);
}

Or if no joy, by adding backface-visibilty: hidden. Unfortunately because I can't reproduce I can't check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @tpr I am super happy to confirm that adding the style to aos.min.css fixed the issue and now my Admin tree is back to its normal state 🙂 I guess we will see a new AOS release some time soon with the fix 😉 Thank you sincerely!

• Like 2

Thanks, I've added this to v2.0.16, please try. It also contains a fix for the PHP notice @Brian Peat has come across.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, adrian said:

when there are lots of fields or templates such that the dropdown menu extends beyond the viewport height, AOS prevents me from scrolling the page to access those items towards the bottom of the list.

I've tried setting a max height on the dropdown menus so at least they were scrollable, but unfortunately the 3rd level menus that open to the right were cut off. They are absolutely positioned so I don't think this could be fixed. Btw I really don't like how the main menu markup is built in the admin, submenus are not part of the menu markup but they are positioned there on open. A simple CSS solution would be enough I think with proper nested markup, that would allow more customization.

• Like 1

@tpr - don't worry about the fixed header issue - maybe just remove the option unless you can get Ryan to change how the menus are built (although that seems unlikely).

Recently I have been trying to improve the user friendliness of various page select fields, including single select and checkboxes.

The issue comes down to the fact that if say for example you have a single checkbox, you can explain what the effect of checking that box is. But if you are using checkboxes on a page select field, there is no way to have any extended information about the option. An example of where something like this is already in use is on the Status field - each option has the title of the option, e.g. Unpublished, and then additional info, like "Not visible on site". 

Currently my solution is to use a custom inputfield that extends the primary inputfield, which extends the attributes for each option, and then use javascript for handling the display.

• On checkboxes, adding uk-tooltip to the checkbox labels with the data-description on the option becoming the tooltip content. (see screenshot below)
  • On single selects, i have some JS replace the field description with the info about the selected option. (see screenshot).

The reason i'm posting this here is to see if there is any simpler/better way to do this, e.g. hook into the creation of the options for any page field and add the custom attributes, without having to change the inputfield type. And i thought this could be a good candidate for AOS. To better illustrate how it works, i have included some screenshots and links to the repos for the select extended and checkboxes extended.

Select Extended:

nothing selected

973404192_Edit_Page__Home__dev_fredsherry_com.jpg.71caee0ca17733e006c248505b2e73ec.jpg

Option selected, with option's description showing:

1940487017_Edit_Page__Home__dev_fredsherry_com.jpg.685d6e65881215fedd580c055dfdb19e.jpg

https://github.com/outflux3/InputfieldSelectExtended

-----

Checkboxes Extended

hovering over any option shows the option's description:

hover_checkboxes.png.76af25d35fcec2203d9683ef73ab1c10.png

https://github.com/outflux3/InputfieldCheckboxesExtended

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Macrura said:

The reason i'm posting this here is to see if there is any simpler/better way to do this, e.g. hook into the creation of the options for any page field and add the custom attributes, without having to change the inputfield type.

I was going to write a tutorial but then I thought I might as well take the next step and turn it into a module:

If @tpr wants to include the functionality in AOS and people would prefer that rather than a standalone module then I'm fine with that. 🙂

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing!

28 minutes ago, Robin S said:

If @tpr wants to include the functionality in AOS

That would be a good thing for sure but even better would be to add it to the core 😉 

Hi! Small request here, just added Input Mask to integer fields tweaking a little bit of lines in the module, maybe this should be enabled by default? Anyone see any possible issues, maybe on number type inputs? I think it's the type of field where it is particularly useful so you can filter nicely with selectors. (think of a price field)

I don't use this feature very much but if you feel it would make a useful addition, create a PR (or show the changes in other ways) and I'll check.

• Like 1

Hi @tpr

I have z-index issue with UIkit Sticky header being on. input.InputfieldDatetimeDatepicker has a higher z-index than the header. I quick fixed it with  #pw-mastheads {z-index:11 !important;} but I'm not quite sure what to do.

Thanks, I just used the z-index: 11 you suggested in v2.017. There's a very high z-index on the datepicker calendar div added by AOS that was needed back then. This is still above the masthead on scroll but I think it's better not to change that.

There's also a bunch of new CKEditor plugins added in this version: 

• Color Button
  • Color Dialog
  • Table Resize
  • Table Tools
  • Table Tools Toolbar
  • Like 2

@tpr, would you consider adding an exclude class to the "Autosize textareas according to content" feature? Generally I like this feature but I have some modules with textareas in their config that contain a lot of content and would like to be able to exclude these from being autosized. So I was thinking there could be some special class that can be applied to textareas (e.g. "no-autosize") and the AOS feature when enabled would apply to all textareas without this class. What do you think?

• Like 1

There already is one, the textarea selector is "textarea:not(.noAutosize)". I haven't checked it yet but in theory it should work. Otherwise you could apply a max-height with CSS that could also help, or perhaps setting the height with !important.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tpr said:

There already is one, the textarea selector is "textarea:not(.noAutosize)". I haven't checked it yet but in theory it should work.

Works great, thanks.

• Like 1