tpr

AdminOnSteroids

Hello @tpr

there is a spelling mistake in the new thumbnail feature:

Screenshot_10.jpg

It should be "Pagelist thumbnails" and not "Pagelist thumbmnails" ;)

Best regards

• Like 1

This is where last minute renaming leads :) Thanks, I'll fix it.

• Like 2

I started adding the field (and template?) edit links, similar to Soma's module HelperFieldLinks (but only links, without the all the field/template data).

My first idea is to use ctrl+click (or long click?) on field label go to the edit page (on new tab, or perhaps modal/panel).
I would like to avoid the clutter but let me know if you would prefer icon or other solution instead.

Also, if you have an idea where to put the "Edit template" link, please share. My idea is ctrl+click on page title.

• Like 1

Ok, I made a huge progress after diving into the Inputfield class where I found those hidden features I needed to put the markup just where I needed.  PW is great- it seems that Ryan (and others) have thought about all the things someone needs WAY before :)

I added the field name to show on hover - it's animated from the left, with a small delay because it was frustrating moving the mouse around and they appeared here and there.

I still need to finish a few things before I publish this but I think the majority of the work is done.

aos-editfieldlink.gif

• Like 3

@tpr This is way cool, really! However, why do we need ctrl? I always forget such hidden features. Simple left click? At least optionally?

@tpr I have an issue to report. I always enable the System Notifications module by default, I like it a lot better than the "classic" way... AOS always(?) stopped the admin from being able to display the notifications when the option "Compact header" was on (in other words, when I turn this option on, no notifications are seen anywhere), so I dit not turn it on, after all, I can live without it. However, (probably after the last update) the Sticky header "fell apart" too. Please check this out:

AOS Sticky header with System Notifications enabled.png

I cleared the browser's (Chrome) cache to no avail.

Edited by szabesz
Edit: this issue appeared in the 0.3.6 version, probably...

That's another z index issue I guess, but I haven't noticed so far. Ctrl+r didn't help?

Left click in label would be frustrating I think. I could imagine longclick or double click could be much better. Or an icon, optionally.

1 hour ago, tpr said:

That's another z index issue I guess, but I haven't noticed so far. Ctrl+r didn't help?

I tried Chrome's "Empty Cache and Hard reload", Incognito and another browser too.

1 hour ago, tpr said:

Left click in label would be frustrating I think. I could imagine longclick or double click could be much better. Or an icon, optionally.

Maybe not the best, but with a _blank target it should do. I support the icon idea too, that is something obvious and normally we have enough room for it, I suppose. I just always forget long clicks, modifiers and such. I use so many of them anyway, that I find hard to remember those I do not use often, and this is such a case (at leas for me).

• Like 1

I see your points about clicks/icons etc but I'm still not convinced which would be the best way.

I also see the issue with System Notifications. I'll see what can I do, I hope there will be an easy fix.

• Like 1

As for now I allowed clicking on the fieldname that slides in to edit the field. It opens by default in new tab (configurable to open in panel or modal).

I'll keep the ctrl-click option too.

(AOS's ctrl+s is addictive. I find myself more and more trying to save my comments here that way :))

• Like 2

Interesting module indeed. Can't say I'm one for too much tweaking, but some of the features here are quite helpful. Specifically, I like hotkeys and textarea autosizing. In terms of Reno theming, it's quite interesting, but I can't say I like the sidebar tweaks, specifically the non-linear items (and the flash menus don't work). I have, however, taken a liking to the sticky white compact header. +1 for that.

Just a note: I have tested this in 2.8 (not extensively) and it seems to work fine, as it should. The only differenc between 2.8 and 3.0 is that 2.8 does not have namespaces, but both versions share the same code. As such, and if I were the module author, I would drop the dependency to 2.8.

Oh, and flyout panels (like debug mode tools) needs a higher z-index (testing with sticky header and sidebar on - Reno theme).

Thanks! There were many z-index issues so far and one of the latest fix was more subtle, and there are some side effects that needs to be eliminated. Panels are already fixed in the latest version (unreleased yet).

I'll check the flash menus too.

• Like 3

v038 is uploaded with fixes for perhaps all the issues reported above, thanks for all!

This also contains the FieldEditLinks tweak and other fixes.

PW compatibility was set to 2.8, though as I see the modules directory doesn't have this option.

• Like 1

Another version today (039) with a redesigned settings page:

aos_settings.png

• Like 4

v040 brings InputfieldURLChecker to AOS!

This also means that the "standalone" IUC module will be discontinued, only this submodule will be further developed.

All of its features were kept but some were implemented differently (hopefully for the good), so if you encounter an issue please report.

• Like 2

The "panel" mode fails for repeaters but that's I think a PW issue (IUC). The URL is opened in a new tab so it's not a critical issue. I have an idea for a solution but I'm not sure it would work. It was a bad thing to realize that PW panels are not dynamic, meaning they are determined on page load, but I found a workaround that apparently works.

• Like 2

The latest update contains a fix for IUC links inside repeates, though they doesn't work in ajax-loaded fields - PW doesn't add the markup there, no idea why.

There's an "Enable module" toggle too to enable/disable the module without uninstall.

Main changes:

• workaround to use panel mode for repeaters and other fixes for InputfieldURLChecker

• added "Enable module" toggle

• layout improvements for sticky and compact headers (RenoTweaks)

• miniScrollbar now works with stickyHeader (previously only with compactHeader)

• more general solution for HoverSaveDropdown

• Like 2

v042:

• modalModuleEdit option to ModalTweaks: edit modules in a modal dialog. Reloads the Modules page on module uninstall.
  • compactModuleList module names are "full-cell" sized for better clickability

• breadcrumbs ctrl+click fix for Default admin theme
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2016 at 6:28 AM, Mike Rockett said:

I can't say I like the sidebar tweaks, specifically the non-linear items

From v043 that is just uploaded you have the option to disable the inline sidebar items. This feature is now available for all sidebar modes unlike before.

For the modalModuleEdit tweak there are two additions: a secondary "X Submit" button for submit+exit, and ESC also closes the modal dialog.

• Like 4

@tpr I just want to say a big thank you! I'm back from holidays so I could actually update the module and it works fine so far. The new appearance of the normal Sticky Header (not the compact one) with the always show search field is my most favorite setting.The "dropdown" version of System Notifications is great improvement too.

Just one issue I have: with the above mentioned normalSticky Header + always show search field setting I do not have access to the search field in narrow viewport, the search field simply disappears.

All in all, you managed to improve the Reno Theme in such an extent that there is no more reason to prefer the classic admin theme to it.

• Like 2

Thanks! Does it happen under 960px page width? AOS doesn't do anything there it's "desktop-only". Most of the (admin) style tweaks behave this way.

• Like 1