tpr

AdminOnSteroids

Just read your comment here and found out AOS now has some profound documentation.

You're a monster, @tpr! The wiki is awesome! I saw it and said to myself: "Ha, but he probably does not have changelog!" But I was wrong (and astonished)!

I think the main PW repo could benefit from a CHANGELOG.md like this. Especially that there are enough of nice changes to be mentioned almost every week. Sorry for offtop))

• Like 3

Hi @tpr

Has this been reported yet?

FileFieldTweaks-icons-cover-trash.gif.82c156a8277d7fba8408f3b7f80db804.gif

FileFieldTweaks icons cover the trash icon making it "impossible" (for a client...) to delete. Turning off the options temporarily fixed the delete issue, but the download icon is a good feature, we are missing it... :) 

Yep, several times :) though the download icons was not harmed at all :)

Update to v151 to fix.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 6:24 PM, tpr said:

Yep, several times :) though the download icons was not harmed at all :)

Update to v151 to fix.

speaking of download icons – there is a (probably not used much, but nonetheless awesome) module called Secure File - for that module, the download button doesn't work, i guess AOS is not compatible with that module; I disabled the "Add Asset Download Button", since that module already provides a download link for the file. Just wanted to post that here in case someone else uses secure file and comes across the non-working download (if they have AOS add asset download enabled)...

• Like 2

@tpr - nice job on the AddNewChildFirst functionality - very cool!

A couple of minor things:

1) This sentence needs the "of" added:

"Add new page as first child instead of last"

2) There are several locations where the PW file compiler is causing problems in your text, eg:

59a4889a73ff6_ScreenShot2017-08-28at2_18_03PM.png.a77f6cbe63377658dda2807f446511dd.png

This is due to this bug: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/98

I have come across this in my own modules and I just end up re-wording things to avoid parentheses near PW variable names, but of course it would be great if this could be fixed properly, but I don't think it's high on Ryan's priorities.

• Like 1

Actually just found an easy solution for these, eg:

replace:

Shortcuts to templates and fields(SuperUser only)

with:

Shortcuts to templates and fields (SuperUser only)

Note that it has to be a   - an ordinary space won't work.

Thanks @adrian, I haven't came across these issues, good to know.

The AddNewChildFirst submodule works pretty neat, thanks for your contributions in this topic - I only collected all the goodies from there :)

• Like 2

Is it just me who has strange looking AdminDataTable filter box in AOS 1.5.2? See:

aos-table-filter.jpg.7270d1eb0ce696f4cc7a4f6646fa8137.jpg

I tried different browsers in incognito/private browsing but it stays like that :( The label introduced is not too useful btw, it takes up space however most users can recognize a filter box these days.

• Like 1

Thanks, that's coming from the latest PR I merged yesterday, will fix soon.

• Like 1

Hi @tpr

I'm having a real pita issue when AOS is enabled. In the screen capture when the mouse pointer stops I single click as well. Whenever I click into the editor the content moves. I could have clicked on the toolbar items too, as it jumps back to its proper position in that case too:

ckeditor-jumping.thumb.gif.f2deedb0ba0745058ce3c62552742866.gif

The moving content of the editor makes it hard to edit things. I tried disabling all CKE plugins I had turned on in the AOS settings but that did not make any difference. I can only get rid of this behavior if I disable AOS.

Unluckily this glitch is not present all the time, making it time consuming to test it. Sometimes the content jumps, other times it does not. I could not see a pattern in this, looks like it is randomly happening.

I also tried without the custom editor css I use but did not help either, it happens without that one too.

Has anyone ever seen this?

This is the "Sticky CKE toolbar" feature located in the RenoTweaks. I'm also using it and most of the ime it works fine but sometimes there's a jump when the toolbar goes to fixed position and its height is changing. There's a "Fixed" CKEditor plugin that never worked well for me (even with the fix in their forums) so I revisited this again today and found a nice and easy solution using position:sticky. This works in latest browsers only but I think it's still better than the current one - no hacky JS/CSS, and works with multiple editors too.

I'll upload this new version soon, until that you can uncheck this feature.

aos-sticky-cke-toolbar.gif

• Like 2

v1.5.4 is available with the fixed sticky CKE toolbar and some other fixes.

• Like 1

Hi @tpr. Do you know how to set another theme for Codemirror? If I use it, my HTML source code becomes unreadable of the theme (which seems to be moono-lisa).

chrome_2017-09-07_14-40-29.png

v1.5.7 is up, containing the Trash pagelist action for non-SuperUsers too (from Robin S), with an inline confirm feature:

aos-user-trash.gif.bba2f9dce2d34245d33c9211ea968ca1.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tpr said:

v1.5.7 is up, containing the Trash pagelist action for non-SuperUsers too (from Robin S), with an inline confirm feature:

Who-hoooo, I've been dreaming of this! Thank you very much, Sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @tpr Tiny issue today which was "discovered" by me long time ago, I just did not find the time to post it... Do you happen to have Forgot Password module installed? Button centering is missing here:

aos-forgot-password-button.gif.215bce50f0b71834e8226e07a44c12a1.gif

I saw this once but I was lazy to make the adjustments :) will do later

• Like 1

Hi @tpr - there also seems to be an issue with the Reno tweaks. When guest is using Reno, for the login, and I've turned on the fixed header, the "Login" header is offset by the width of the sidebar, which does not exist on the login screen, so it just has an empty space to the left.

Are you using the latest version? A similar bug was fixed there and I can't reproduce.

If it still exists, could you send a screenshot of your RenoTweaks? And is "Center login form" (under Misc) checked?

I'm using PW 3.0.62 and the latest (1.5.7) version of AOS, and I get this error message when I try and go to the Users page – Error: Using $this when not in object context (line 722 of /var/www/xxx/modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module)

10 hours ago, tpr said:

Are you using the latest version? A similar bug was fixed there and I can't reproduce.

If it still exists, could you send a screenshot of your RenoTweaks? And is "Center login form" (under Misc) checked?

Ah, you're quite right - was one of my sites that hasn't upgraded yet (missed it!).

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Macrura
      This is a new module, hope to release soon, which allows extended field descriptions, in currently 2 ways.
      The main feature of the module is that you can have a short description and then a 'more...' link which drops down a longer block of text.
      This is achieved by separating the intro/visible text and the rest with 5 dashes.

Example setup:

the 2nd way is if you are using AdminThemeUiKit, you can show extended field instructions in a panel. The content of the panel is edited on a regular PW page. This use case would probably not be that common, but if you had a field that required some extended instructions for how to use, this could be useful; Also, since this allows you to target information and instructions down at the field level, it could reduce the amount of documentation needed on a global level, since it is a lot more context targeted.

• By netcarver
      Part 1 of a 2 part Module & Service Reveal.
      I'm currently working on a new module: ModuleReleaseNotes that was inspired by the work I originally did on making Ryan's ProcessWireUpgrades module "release" aware. In the end, I decided to ditch the approach I was originally taking and instead work on a module that hooked in to the UpgradeConfirmation dialog and the module edit page.
      Aims
      My aims for this module are as follows...
      Make discovery of a module's changes prior to an upgrade a trivial task. Make breaking changes very obvious. Make reading of a module's support documentation post-install a trivial task. Make module authors start to think about how they can improve the change discovery process for their modules. Make sure the display of information from the module support files/commit messages doesn't introduce a vulnerability. Looking at these in turn...
      Making discovery of a module's changes prior to upgrade a trivial task.
      This is done by adding a "What's changed section" to the upgrade confirmation dialog.  This section takes a best-effort approach to showing what's changed between the installed version and the updated version that's available via the module repository.
      At present, it is only able to talk to github-hosted repositories in order to ask them for the release notes, the changelog file (if present) and a list of commits between the git tag that matches the installed version and the tag matching the latest version.
      It will display the Release Notes (if the author is using the feature), else it will display the commits between the tags (if tagging is used by the module author) else it will show the changelog file (if present) else it will show the latest N commits on the master branch (N, of course, being configurable to your liking.)
      An example of the Github Release Notes pulled in for you, taken from Mike Rockett's TextformatterTypographer Module...

An example of a tag-to-tag commit list from the same module...

An example of a changelog - formatted to show just the changes (formatting styles will change)...

Finally, an example of a fallback list of commits - sorry Adrian ...

Making breaking changes obvious.
      This is currently done by searching for a set of configurable search strings. Later versions may be able to support breaking change detection via use of Semantic Versioning - but this may require some way of signalling the use of this versioning standard on a module-by-module basis.
      For now, then, you can customise the default set of change markers. Here I have added my own alias to the list of breaking change markers and the changes section of the changelog is styled accordingly (these will be improved)...

Make reading of a module's support documentation, post-install, a trivial task.
      This is done by making some of the support files (like the README, CHANGELOG and LICENSE files) readable from the module's information/settings screen. There is an option to control the initial open/closed state of this section...

Here is Tracy's README file from within the module settings page... 

Make module authors start to think about how they can improve the change discovery process for their modules.
      There are notes in each of the sections displayed on the upgrade confirmation page that help authors use each of the features...

Make sure display of external information doesn't introduce a vulnerability.
      This is an ongoing concern, and is the thing that is most likely to delay or prevent this module's release. Currently, output is formatted either via Markdown + HTML Purifier (if it was originally a Markdown file) or via htmlspecialchars() if it has come from a plaintext file.

Ongoing...
      For now, I've concentrated on integration with GitHub, as most people use that platform to host their code. I know a few people are hosting their repositories with BitBucket (PWFoo comes to mind) and some with GitLab (Mike Rockett?) and I would eventually like to have adaptor implementations for these providers (and perhaps GitKraken) - but for now, GitHub rules and the other hosts are unsupported.
      I hope to have this ready for general release within the next week.
    • By blynx
      Hej,
      A module which helps including Photoswipe and brings some modules for rendering gallery markup. Feedback highly appreciated

Modules directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/markup-processwire-photoswipe
      .zip download: https://github.com/blynx/MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe/archive/master.zip
      You can add a photoswipe enabled thumbnail gallery / lightbox to your site like this. Just pass an image field to the renderGallery method:
      <?php $pwpswp = $modules->get('Pwpswp'); echo $pwpswp->renderGallery($page->nicePictures); Options are provided like so:
      <?php $galleryOptions = [ 'imageResizerOptions' => [ 'size' => '500x500' 'quality' => 70, 'upscaling' => false, 'cropping' => false ], 'loresResizerOptions' => [ 'size' => '500x500' 'quality' => 20, 'upscaling' => false, 'cropping' => false ], 'pswpOptions' => (object) [ 'shareEl' => false, 'indexIndicatorSep' => ' von ', 'closeOnScroll' => false ] ]; echo $pswp->renderGallery($page->images, $galleryOptions); More info about all that is in the readme: https://github.com/blynx/MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe
      What do you think? Any ideas, bugs, critique, requests?
      cheers
      Steffen
    • By mtwebit
      Tasker is a module to handle and execute long-running jobs in Processwire. It provides a simple API  to create tasks (stored as PW pages), to set and query their state (Active, Waiting, Suspended etc.), and to execute them via Cron, LazyCron or HTTP calls.
      Creating a task
      $task = wire('modules')->Tasker->createTask($class, $method, $page, 'Task title', $arguments); where $class and $method specify the function that performs the job, $page is the task's parent page and $arguments provide optional configuration for the task.
      Executing a task
      You need to activate a task first
      wire('modules')->Tasker->activateTask($task); then Tasker will automatically execute it using one of its schedulers: Unix cron, LazyCron or TaskerAdmin's REST API + JS client.
      Getting the job done
      Your method that performs the task looks like
      public function longTask($page, &$taskData, $params) { ... } where $taskData is a persistent storage and $params are run-time options for the task.
      Monitoring progress, management
      The TaskerAdmin module provides a Javascript-based front-end to list tasks, to change their state and to monitor their progress (using a JQuery progressbar and a debug log area). It also allows the on-line execution of tasks using periodic HTTP calls performed by Javascript.

Monitoring task progress (and log messages if debug mode is active)

Task data and log

Detailed info (setup, task dependencies, time limits, REST API etc.) and examples can be found on GitHub.
      This is my first public PW module. I'm sure it needs improvement

• By netcarver
      A very simple textformatter that was inspired by Diogo's RemoveHeight textformatter.
      This one strips the height from any images and either adds a custom class or adds a max-width:100% as an embedded style.
      Github: https://github.com/netcarver/TextformatterFluidImages
      PW Repo: To Be Confirmed.