tpr

AdminOnSteroids

bernhard    1,328
4 minutes ago, tpr said:

For ckeditor there is already a Maximize plugin in aos (ckeaddons).

i am quite busy those days so i missed that ;)

6 minutes ago, tpr said:

As for the other fields the biggest issue is the button placement, or finding another solution to trigger.

yeah i was not sure about that as well. i thought of placing it beside the open/close toggle of the field label.

szabesz    1,390
11 hours ago, tpr said:

For ckeditor there is already a Maximize plugin in aos (ckeaddons).

Hi @tpr Should ctrl+S/command+S trigger the save action in the maximized view as well? It does not work for me on Mac/Chrome.

tpr    2,229

It seems that the Maximize plugin replaces the DOM entirely and there's no Save button at all. My only idea is to trigger a click on the pushed Maximize button which works, though the transition to the non-maximized state is visible for a few milliseconds.

• Like 1

szabesz    1,390
5 minutes ago, tpr said:

...non-maximized state is visible for a few milliseconds

Better than nothing :) It would be awesome if you could add it.

szabesz    1,390

Thanks! Save works but it cannot re-maximize it afterwards. At first I got a PW error notification which said something like: "body field could not be found" (I do not have the exact message) but after that it just fails without any error in sight.

tpr    2,229

No idea what is happening there :) No errors here on latest PW dev and latest AOS, default and Reno themes. Cache?

Edit: have you added CKEditor buttons to the body field before AOS? Sometimes that can cause JS errors, re-saving the field usually helps.

• Like 1

szabesz    1,390
8 hours ago, tpr said:

Edit: have you added CKEditor buttons to the body field before AOS? Sometimes that can cause JS errors, re-saving the field usually helps.

Thanks for the tip, sadly it did not work :( Anyway, I only use/used AOS to mod the editor.

I cleared the cache, tried it in Firefox too, and it does save the page so it is the new JS at work, it just cannot do maximize at the end. No JS error in the console either. Worst kinda issue...

tpr    2,229

I may not understand it correctly but it sounds that the page you are editing is not reloaded after ctrl+s. On reload everything should start clean so no idea how this could fail.

Anyway I committed the update (no version change), plus made ctrl+s work in cases when the page is opened in a modal, eg. when using FEEL or perhaps the bult-in front-end editor.

szabesz    1,390

I updated to AOS 1.3.6, nothing has changed (as expected). This is what happens:

Edit: screenshot was removed because of privacy concerns.

tpr    2,229

Thanks, but it seems OK to me, at least I can't see the issue on the gif. So at the end of the video if you click on the Maximize button nothing happens? My best guess is that you expect the editor to re-maximize automatically which is not the case.

I've installed SystemNotifications module and disabled all other submodules of AOS but it's still working as expected here (on "expected" I mean what I expect :)).

If you think it's still an issue and could provide a login to me to check, that would be great (or install a new PW instance for me to check, it's a few minutes using Soma’s Online Installer)

szabesz    1,390
13 minutes ago, tpr said:

My best guess is that you expect the editor to re-maximize automatically which is not the case.

Yes, I do. Oh well, then it was just a misunderstanding.

So you mean it is not possible to re-maximize it automatically? The idea here is to work in maximized mode only, not being distracted (too much) by periodic saves.

tpr    2,229

AOS triggers the save button only, what you need would be ajax save which is harder to implement. Maybe I'll check it some day though.

Of course I could find a way to Maximize after ctrl+s but I'm not sure this won't be a nuissance.

• Like 1

szabesz    1,390
4 minutes ago, tpr said:

I'm not sure this won't be a nuissance.

Not sure either, however, the feature in its current state could be "improved" that way. After all, now we have to do it manually. Maybe an option in the Settings for those who want it to "stay" maximized?

tpr    2,229

I think the time I could invest in this workaround could be spent on adding ajax save to ckeditor :)

• Like 1

Zeka    282

Hi @tpr

I have found one small issue with CKEditor plugins, didn't find any mentioning in this threed, but maybe you are alreade aware about it. 

If field is just in a page all additional plugins are loaded and initilated, but if field is inside of matrix/repeater field with ajax loading. After opening of collapsed item CKEditor in it is initializing just with plugins set in field settings.

• Like 1

tpr    2,229

Thanks, got it sorted out, now it works with Repeaters and ajax-loaded fields, need to check with RepeaterMatrix too. Will update the module later if all goes well.

aos-ckeaddons-repeater-ajax.gif.e3a70bc22f25a74ab4e18fb55c982e49.gif

tpr    2,229

Sneak preview of draggable column splitter when using AOS admin columns:

aos-column-splitter.gif.3017d341279e382c69f3fc35b332aabc.gif

• Like 6

fbg13    270
3 hours ago, tpr said:

Sneak preview of draggable column splitter when using AOS admin columns:

Does it remember the widths on a refresh or on a new session?

adrian    7,674

Draggable column width looks awesome, but at the moment I am getting this:

58d40f8b552f7_ScreenShot2017-03-23at11_09_24AM.png.bfa9150345ad20a63ff7309010740887.png

tpr    2,229

Yep, sorry for that, should be fixed in v138.

• Like 1

adrian    7,674
17 minutes ago, tpr said:

Yep, sorry for that, should be fixed in v138.

Thanks, it works now, but it no longer honors the width setting defined in the template. I have it set to 50%, but now it starts about 70 / 30. It might also be nice if it were optional - in some cases it will be a great addition, but sometime it's just a superfluous bit of UI. Please don't take that the wrong way - it really will be awesome in many cases.