tpr

Module
AdminOnSteroids

781 posts in this topic

I don't have ListerPro but I can add this line if you say it fixes it. I've searched for 100% width in AOS but it seems that it's coming from ListerPro, right?

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, tpr said:

I've searched for 100% width in AOS but it seems that it's coming from ListerPro, right?

Yes, the full rule is...

#ProcessListerResults select, #ProcessListerResults textarea, #ProcessListerResults input[type="url"], #ProcessListerResults input[type="email"], #ProcessListerResults input[type="text"] {
    width: 100%;
}

...in ProcessPageListerPro.css

So you could override that specific rule or use a more generic rule like in my previous post to try and force the filterbox input to always be width:auto - whichever you think best. Thanks.

1 person likes this

Thanks, I've added width: auto to the CSS (no version change).

2 people like this

Hi @tpr, would it be possible to get the field edit links that show on hovering a field label to work on fields that are inside repeater items?

Ooh, and another idea re: field edit links. What if Ctrl-click brought up the settings for the field in the template context? (i.e. the template overrides)

Edit: one more thing...

The "Configure" anchor links in the Submodules panel do not scroll me to the right options panel, but scroll down quite a bit further. Tested in Firefox and Chrome on Windows.

2017-03-02_111131.png.4ce64634529330936de7ef2d95b313e9.png

1 person likes this

No issues here with the scroll (Chrome/FF).

I have plans to modify the field edit link tooltip, then I'll try to make them work in repeaters too, and perhaps add a template context feature too.

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, tpr said:

No issues here with the scroll (Chrome/FF).

I have tracked the issue down to the "Tooltips" submodule - when this submodule is disabled the Configure anchor links scroll to the wrong place (in the default Admin theme anyway).

BTW, have been meaning to ask this for a while: is it possible to use the "Restore settings on next install" feature to copy AOS settings from one site to another? Or some other way to quickly replicate AOS settings on another site?

Thanks, will check it.

Yes, you can copy the settings.php file to the new site, but first check the checkbox and save AOS, then uninstall, and only then copy it over. Then if you install the old settings should be loaded.

A better method that I use recently is the Module Toolkit module where you can export modules with their settings to the new site. There's a JSON copy to clipboard option so all you need is copy-paste that. Modules are re-downloaded from the modules directory so core modules are not supported atm but it's still an incredible time saver.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, tpr said:

Yes, you can copy the settings.php file to the new site, but first check the checkbox and save AOS, then uninstall, and only then copy it over.

Okay, thanks for the info. It would be neat if there was a feature allowing to export/import (copy/paste) the settings JSON without needing to uninstall/reinstall. As new AOS features are rolled out quite regularly (which is awesome) I often want to synchronise my new settings across many sites.

Just now, Robin S said:

Okay, thanks for the info. It would be neat if there was a feature allowing to export/import the settings JSON without needing to uninstall/reinstall. As new AOS features are rolled out quite regularly (which is awesome) I often want to synchronise my new settings across many sites.

Like  this?

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

Like  this?

Yes! I had forgotten about your thread there. That is still a work in progress and not released yet, right, or did I miss it? I think AOS and Tracy are the main modules where I find myself wanting a quick way to sync settings, but would definitely be cool to have that available for any module.

7 minutes ago, Robin S said:

Yes! I had forgotten about your thread there. That is still a work in progress and not released yet, right, or did I miss it? I think AOS and Tracy are the main modules where I find myself wanting a quick way to sync settings, but would definitely be cool to have that available for any module.

It's fully functional. I'll PM it to you to try out. I'd be curious to get your feedback, and then maybe I'll just release it, maybe on its own, or maybe packaged with Module Toolkit, along with core module support to address @tpr's request.

1 person likes this

Hey @tpr - FYI with the new Pages > Tree functionality that Ryan just committed. AOS is resulting in this:

58c0395e5cd34_ScreenShot2017-03-08at9_02_24AM.png.95e77b4f8b57213b63cb0386589aa7df.png

Thanks, it's mostly PageList IDs that is causing this and perhaps PageListThumbs. I'll check it soon.

1 person likes this

Seems like the "class" attribute is the culprit, I guess there's some regex going on later somewhere but  haven't checked.

Could you try replacing this line with this? It seems to fix the issue in all 3 themes.

$event->return = "<span data-pid='$page->id'>$markup</span>";

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, tpr said:

Seems like the "class" attribute is the culprit, I guess there's some regex going on later somewhere but  haven't checked.

Could you try replacing this line with this? It seems to fix the issue in all 3 themes.

$event->return = "<span data-pid='$page->id'>$markup</span>";

Works for me!

1 person likes this

FYI - there are still some issues with the new tree submenus - some unpublished pages just appear blank. Note "Resources" is blank:

58c2f296db0dc_ScreenShot2017-03-10at10_37_38AM.png.2f257adcd14a9b1cd062dc422aeeca5e.png

If you can't reproduce, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out why it's only some unpublished pages that are doing this.

It seems to be the "double span" issue again. Could you try replacing the same line as in my post above with this:

$event->return = str_replace('<span ', '<span data-pid="' . $page->id . '" ', $event->return);

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, tpr said:

It seems to be the "double span" issue again. Could you try replacing the same line as in my post above with this:

$event->return = str_replace('<span ', '<span data-pid="' . $page->id . '" ', $event->return);

That seems to take care of things!

Thanks, but unfortunately there were other issues with the current approach. In v130 (just uploaded) all should be fine, and pagelist IDs are visible in the new Tree menu too.

aos-pagelistthumbs.png.714eb37d0c341498003f5ae1b4c5d65c.png

This version also contains the option to align the top nav to the left in the default admin theme (idea & request by @Robin S - thanks!).

2 people like this

New feature in v131: new move to first/last buttons for file/image fields (FileFieldTweaks). This adds up/down icons (right-left in case of images) that you can use to move items to the first or last position.

aos-first-last-buttons.gif.a5b701884faa04a1ae7247de29efc168.gif

5 people like this

v133 contains a new CKE plugin Code Snippet which lets you insert rich code snippets with syntax highlighting into the editor. The plugin uses highlight.js.

On the frontend you'll need to include highlight.js assets and initialize (see more at higlightjs.org):

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/path/to/styles/default.css">
<script src="/path/to/highlight.pack.js"></script>
<script>hljs.initHighlightingOnLoad();</script>

To customize the languages available for selection and the theme, add this to /site/templates/admin/cke.js file (this is the auto-loaded configuration file for CKEditor, you can modify it in the Asset Paths section in AOS):

CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function (config) {

config.codeSnippet_theme = 'foundation';

config.codeSnippet_languages = {
        apache: 'Apache',
        css: 'CSS',
        html: 'HTML',
        ini: 'INI   ',
        javascript: 'JavaScript',
        scss: 'SCSS',
        php: 'PHP',
        sql: 'SQL',
    };
};

aos-cke-codesnippet-editor.png.cf90dbbc2601bd7f12810adcd2741862.png

aos-cke-codesnippet-dialog.png.418e975ea9a2c397e5e43df7926cab38.png

4 people like this

v134 has a new option for FileFieldTweaks: disable filename truncation for File fields.

Thanks @BitPoet for the right track and @Robin S for the request. This was something bugged me for some time but was lazy to investigate :)

aos-untruncate.png

5 people like this

hi @tpr,

it would be nice to have a "fullscreen" button for some of my inputfields in my current project. it seems to be quite easy to make the inputfields content div fullscreen like this:

.fullscreen {
    height: 100%;
    width: 100%;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    overflow: scroll;
    position: fixed;
    z-index: 999;
}

i need it for my datatables fields, but i'm thinking if that would maybe also interesting for other fields. that's why i thought creating a module. and then i thought that could maybe be interesting for AOS as well. like having a toggle icon to make CKE fields fullscreen?

with fullscreen i mean full browser window ;)

what do you think?

For ckeditor there is already a Maximize plugin in aos (ckeaddons).

As for the other fields the biggest issue is the button placement, or finding another solution to trigger. I think such features would fit to the drop down idea I plan to add to field labels - when my time allows :)

1 person likes this