tpr

Module
AdminOnSteroids

762 posts in this topic

one thing i'm missing sometimes on the template editor is a shortcut for editing field widths. a slider from 10 - 100% instantly changing the fields width would be a great addition in my opinion :) often changing one field's width makes it necessary to change the other field's width as well (eg adding a field to a row of 4 fields with 25% makes it necessary to change all fields to 20%

it would be great to add the field and drag all field's width from 25 to 20 without the need to open each fields settings, clicking on the display tab, changing value, saving field, closing modal...

all other settings are fine being available behind one click.

1 person likes this

Forget the drag and drop idea , a link, fe next to the page title, that opens the template editor in a modal window to show all the fields of the template, would fit the requirements.:)

Screenshot_6.jpg

By not reading the manual? :)

Field width changing would be great, provided that a good and simple GUI could be found. My first idea was to change the asm fields width according to the field widths, that would allow instant visual feedback, and allow field width change by dragging their right side. I haven't used such Js library so I don't know how hard that would be to implement.

i think the most simple solution would be to make the status text on the right edge of asm select clickable and link directly to the second tab:

<span class="asmListItemStatus">Text 33%</span> --> editurl#inputfieldConfig

would that work? it would save 1 click per field and would still need 1 click to save. maybe 1 inputfield per field directly inside the asm select would be even better? then it would be really easy to change multiple fields in a very short time...

btw: has anyone ever kind of a "newline"-field? for example if you have different number of fields in one line depending on field dependencies. if you have 2 lines with columns < 100% that can lead to wrong field orders. workaround is to put those fields inside a fieldset, but i think there could be a better solution...

v117 contains @bernhard's idea (see above). I've also managed to add the "100%" text on full-width fields because this makes percentages align nicer.

asmWidths.gif

3 people like this

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:24 PM, bernhard said:

btw: has anyone ever kind of a "newline"-field? for example if you have different number of fields in one line depending on field dependencies. if you have 2 lines with columns < 100% that can lead to wrong field orders. workaround is to put those fields inside a fieldset, but i think there could be a better solution...

I dont think there is such field, I would perhaps add some CSS to fix (clear or before-after pseudos).

1 person likes this

thank you tpr for the new update :) also thank you for the css fix. didn't think about that!

what do you think of adding often used widths as a clickable shortcut to the form? clicking it could also save + close the modal :)

2017-01-02 18_52_11-Edit Template_ rockproject • hrd.baumrock.com.png

shortcuts could be

1 person likes this

Not sure about this, it wouldn't save too much time imo. Auto save would be also an issue because users could have edited other fields and perhaps they wouldn't like to save.

2 people like this

I've added simple svg backgrounds to show values as guidelines. It's not 100% perfect but close :)

aos-columwidth-scale.gif

3 people like this

On 12/21/2016 at 3:29 PM, tpr said:

I tried it on two servers (livehost), in a subdir and in the root.

You could try to uncomment the series of bd() calls in line 913 and further down in 961 to see what paths/urls AOS tries to use (requires Tracy Debugger).

You can update the module from the directory as it contains these fixes.

Sorry for delay in respond, Just returned home from out of town during holiday.  Pardon for my ignorance, Tracy Debugger? Is that PW modules? Plugin? I have looked into this https://processwire.com/blog/posts/introducing-tracy-debugger/ and still not yet sure understand how or where I can preform debugging. Can you explain? 

Yes, Tracy Debugger is a module which can help you find problems with your code or in others code as in this case too.

Once you install it and see the "Debugger bar" (refer to the introduction post you linked above) then if you uncomment those lines I mentioned you should see the values if you click on the bar. This way you can see why the path/url differs.

1 person likes this

Okay, Tracy Debugger module is installed, I 've uncomment  line :913 bd($ckeCSS);  and :961 bd($adminCSS); on AdminOnSteroids.module inside .AdminOnSteroids directory.I have read and followed carefully, I understand am supposed to look for debug bar once debugger is installed. Apparently, its not show any bar. I use chrome browser with firelogger installed. Yes, I've confirmed debugger is enabled, The bar to display at front and back is checked, the uncommented, line 913 and 961 and cleared cache after Tracy debugger module is installed. 

Tracy1.JPG

Tracy2.JPG

Now I am getting confused... what am I missing?

@Speed - if this is on a non local server, you will either need to force to "Development" mode (change from Detect), or check the "Force superuser development mode" button.

Tracy must be in development mode to show the debug bar. If it's a remote server, DETECT will determine that it should be in PRODUCTION mode.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, adrian said:

if this is on a non local server, you will either need to force to "Development" mode (change from Detect), or check the "Force superuser development mode" button.

@adrian - Enabling 'Development' mode got debugger bar to show up. (PW in livehost) Thank you. 

@tpr - let me guess, is that what I should look for??

Tracy3.JPG

Just now, Speed said:

let me guess, is that what I should look for??

You want to look at the Dumps Recorder panel - the icon looks like a dump truck :)

So it contains no dumps? Did you uncomment those bd() calls that @tpr pointed out?

yes...Confirmed,  I have commented it out.  (This line was commented out in live server with editor.)

v119 comes with a new "Apply to all" button to update all dropdowns with the selected option on the "Add field to templates" page (see the screen capture below), requested by @gmclelland

I've also updated the "Remove all" button on the field deletion confirmation page. Now it reads "Check all" and the default submit button can be used for deletion instead. The same "Check all" button is added to the other field deletion confirmation page (accessed from the Field edit page, Actions tab).

All these are under the "Misc" submodule. Please re-check the checkbox "Add helper buttons to batch field add/remove confirmation pages" because it was renamed.

aos-field-batch-actions.gif

5 people like this

Just committed a small update to GitHub which expands the select box if there's only one of it (field add confirmation page):

aos-expand-select.png

2 people like this

v123 is up, and here are the latest additions:

- Hotkeys: focus filterbox on alt+s

- title change case button improvements

- Misc: option to move empty trash confirmation checkbox above trash items

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ethfun
      I've created a Process Module, and its execute() function renders the HTML response to an AJAX request. The AJAX request is being made outside of the admin panel, and in all likelihood will be made by "guest" users.
      Within my ModuleName.info.json file, I have added these lines:
      "permission": "generate-thumbnails", "permissions": { "generate-thumbnails": "Generate Thumbnails" }, Then within the Admin panel, I gave guests access to run that module.
      Unless logged in, the response to the AJAX request is always the login form's HTML, rather than the HTML my execute() function creates.
      So two questions:
      Is it possible to give non-logged-in users the ability to run that function via the AJAX request, or Is there a better ProcessWire way to create HTML to use as an AJAX response? Thank you!
    • By Robin S
      I have had this module sitting in a 95% complete state for a while now and have finally made the push to get it out there. Thanks to @teppo for his Hanna Code Helper module which I referred to and borrowed from during development.
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/hanna-code-dialog/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/HannaCodeDialog
      HannaCodeDialog
      A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Provides a number of enhancements for working with Hanna Code tags in CKEditor. The main enhancement is that Hanna tags in a CKEditor field may be double-clicked to edit their attributes using core ProcessWire inputfields in a modal dialog.
      Requires the Hanna Code module.
      Installation
      Install the HannaCodeDialog module using any of the normal methods.
      For any CKEditor field where you want the "Insert Hanna tag" dropdown menu to appear in the CKEditor toolbar, visit the field settings and add "HannaDropdown" to the "CKEditor Toolbar" settings field.
      Module configuration
      Visit the module configuration screen to set any of the following:
      Exclude prefix: Hanna tags named with this prefix will not appear in the CKEditor toolbar dropdown menu for Hanna tag insertion. Exclude Hanna tags: Hanna tags selected here will not appear in the CKEditor toolbar dropdown menu for Hanna tag insertion. Background colour of tag widgets: you can customise the background colour used for Hanna tags in CKEditor if you like. Dialog width: in pixels Dialog height: in pixels Features
      Insert tag from toolbar dropdown menu
      Place the cursor in the CKEditor window where you want to insert your Hanna tag, then select the tag from the "Insert Hanna tag" dropdown.

Edit tag attributes in modal dialog
      Insert a tag using the dropdown or double-click an existing tag in the CKEditor window to edit the tag attributes in a modal dialog.

Tags are widgets
      Hanna tags that have been inserted in a CKEditor window are "widgets" - they have a background colour for easy identification, are protected from accidental editing, and can be moved within the text by drag-and-drop.

Options for tag attributes may be defined
      You can define options for a tag attribute so that editors must choose an option rather than type text. This is useful for when only certain strings are valid for an attribute and also has the benefit of avoiding typos.
      Add a new attribute for the Hanna tag, named the same as the existing attribute you want to add options for, followed by "__options". The options themselves are defined as a string, using a pipe character as a delimiter between options. Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__options=Spinach|Pumpkin|Celery|Tomato|Brussels Sprout|Potato You can define a default for an attribute as normal. Use a pipe delimiter if defining multiple options as the default, for example:
      vegetables=Tomato|Potato Dynamic options
      Besides defining static options as above, you can use one Hanna tag to dynamically generate options for another. For instance, you could create a Hanna tag that generates options based on images that have been uploaded to the page, or the titles of children of the page.
      Your Hanna tag that generates the options should echo a string of options delimited by pipe characters (i.e. the same format as a static options string).
      You will probably want to name the Hanna tag that generates the options so that it starts with an underscore (or whatever prefix you have configured as the "exclude" prefix in the module config), to avoid it appearing as an insertable tag in the HannaCodeDialog dropdown menu.
      Example for an existing attribute named "image":
      image__options=[[_images_on_page]] And the code for the _images_on_page tag:
      <?php $image_names = array(); $image_fields = $page->fields->find('type=FieldtypeImage')->explode('name'); foreach($image_fields as $image_field) { $image_names = array_unique( array_merge($image_names, $page->$image_field->explode('name') ) ); } echo implode('|', $image_names); Choice of inputfield for attribute
      For attributes which you have defined options for, you can choose the inputfield that is used to select from the options.
      Inputfields that support the selection of a single option are select (this is the default inputfield for attributes with options so it isn't necessary to specify it if you want it) and radios.
      Inputfields that support the selection of multiple options are selectmultiple, asmselect and checkboxes.
      You can also specify a checkbox inputfield - this is not for attributes with defined options but will limit an attribute to an integer value of 1 or 0.
      The names of the inputfield types are case-insensitive.
      Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__type=asmselect Descriptions and notes for inputfields
      You can add a description or notes to an attribute and these will be displayed in the dialog.
      Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__description=Please select vegetables for your soup. vegetables__notes=Pumpkin and celery is a delicious combination. Notes
      When creating or editing a Hanna tag you can view a basic cheatsheet outlining the HannaCodeDialog features relating to attributes below the "Attributes" config inputfield.
      Troubleshooting
      HannaCodeDialog includes and automatically loads the third-party CKEditor plugins Line Utilities and Widget. If you have added these plugins to your CKEditor field already for some purpose and experience problems with HannaCodeDialog try deactivating those plugins from the CKEditor field settings.
    • By gRegor
      Updated 2017-03-27:
      Version 1.1.3 released
      Updated 2016-04-11:
      Version 1.1.2 released

Updated 2016-02-26:
      Officially in the module directory! http://modules.processwire.com/modules/webmention/

Updated 2016-02-25:
      Version 1.1.0 is now released. It's been submitted to the module directory so should appear there soon. In the meantime, it's available on GitHub: https://github.com/gRegorLove/ProcessWire-Webmention. Please refer to the updated README there and let me know if you have any questions!
      ------------
      Original post:

This is now out of date. I recommend reading the official README.

I've been working on this one for a while. It's not 100%, but it is to the point I'm using it on my own site, so it's time for me to release it in beta. Once I finish up some of the features described below, I will submit it to the modules directory as a stable plugin.
      For now, you can install from Github. It works on PW2.5. I haven't tested on PW2.6, but it should work there.
      Feedback and questions are welcome. I'm in the IRC channel #processwire as well as #indiewebcamp if you have any questions about this module, webmention, or microformats.
      Thanks to Ryan for the Comments Fieldtype which helped me a lot in the handling of webmentions in the admin area.
      ProcessWire Webmention Module
      Webmention is a simple way to automatically notify any URL when you link to it on your site. From the receiver's perspective, it is a way to request notification when other sites link to it.
      Version 1.0.0 is a stable beta that covers webmention sending, receiving, parsing, and display. An easy admin interface for received webmentions is under development, as well as support for the Webmention Vouch extension.
      Features
      * Webmention endpoint discovery
      * Automatically send webmentions asynchronously * Automatically receive webmentions * Process webmentions to extract microformats   Requirements * php-mf2 and php-mf2-cleaner libraries; bundled with this package and may optionally be updated using Composer. * This module hooks into the LazyCron module.   Installation Github: https://github.com/gRegorLove/ProcessWire-Webmention

Installing the core module named "Webmention" will automatically install the Fieldtype and Inputfield modules included in this package.   This module will attempt to add a template and page named "Webmention Endpoint" if the template does not exist already. The default location of this endpoint is http://example.com/webmention-endpoint   After installing the module, create a new field of type "Webmentions" and add it to the template(s) you want to be able to support webmentions. Sending Webmentions
      When creating or editing a page that has the Webmentions field, a checkbox "Send Webmentions" will appear at the bottom. Check this box and any URLs linked in the page body will be queued up for sending webmentions. Note: you should only check the "Send Webmentions" box if the page status is "published."   Receiving Webmentions This module enables receiving webmentions on any pages that have have "Webmentions" field, by adding the webmention endpoint as an HTTP Link header. If you would like to specify a custom webmention endpoint URL, you can do so in the admin area, Modules > Webmention.   Processing Webmentions (beta) Currently no webmentions are automatically processed. You will need to browse to the page in the backend, click "Edit," and scroll to the Webmentions field. There is a dropdown for "Visibility" and "Action" beside each webmention. Select "Process" to parse the webmention for microformats.   A better interface for viewing/processing all received webmentions in one place is under development.   Displaying Webmentions (beta) Within your template file, you can use `$page->Webmentions->render()` [where "Webmentions" is the name you used creating the field] to display a list of approved webmentions. As with the Comments Fieldtype, you can also generate your own output.   The display functionality is also under development.   Logs This module writes two logs: webmentions-sent and webmentions-received.   Vouch The Vouch anti-spam extension is still under development.   IndieWeb The IndieWeb movement is about owning your data. It encourages you to create and publish on your own site and optionally syndicate to third-party sites. Webmention is one of the core building blocks of this movement.   Learn more and get involved by visiting http://indiewebcamp.com.   Further Reading * http://indiewebcamp.com/webmention * http://indiewebcamp.com/comments-presentation * http://indiewebcamp.com/reply
    • By kixe
      This morning I pushed a module to github which extends the page api with moving and sorting capability.
      https://github.com/kixe/PageSortMove
      /** * CALLABLE * PageSortMove::execute($pageID, $newIndex = 0, $parentID = null); * $modules->get('PageSortMove')->execute($pageID, $newIndex = 0, $parentID = null); * * EXTENDED PAGE API * @property $page->first // under same parent * @property $page->last * * @method $page->first($parentID = null) * @method $page->last($parentID = null) * @method $page->sort($newIndex) * @method $page->move($newIndex, $parentID = null) */ Have a nice weekend.