AdminOnSteroids

tpr

3 minutes ago, tpr said:

Are you logged in with the same user? If you disable AOS it turns out, but here all the icons are showing up (Firefox, Chrome).

Not quite sure what you mean. In the Chrome screenshot above I'm logged in with the same superuser account.

Also tested in a clean PW 3.0.40 installation without AOS and no other modules installed. Still don't see the debug or quick-tree icons in Chrome or IE11.

27 minutes ago, Robin S said:

Also tested in a clean PW 3.0.40 installation without AOS and no other modules installed. Still don't see the debug or quick-tree icons in Chrome or IE11.

Tried it on another machine and the icons are there. Suspect it's because my main PC has a touch screen and PW falsely identifies it as a mobile device or something like that. Will file a GitHub issue for this because there are many large screen touch devices out there with mouse attached and PW should account for this.

• Like 2

Hi @tpr,

In agreement with what others have said, this is a hugely useful module and I really appreciate the work you are putting into it. The recent Esc key shortcut for closing notifications is one more excellent addition. :)

Everyone's preferences are different so it's nice to be able to activate only the features you want. As well as the bold styling in the page list I mentioned earlier, there's another recent CSS change I can't see an option for turning off: the centered submit button on modal windows. Maybe there could be a checkbox list for individual CSS tweaks?

• Like 2

I feel like the mouseover for page actions buttons in Listers should only be triggered on the first column. It can be a bit annoying when mousing over other columns to have the width of the first column increase to accommodate the action buttons.

Thanks!

@adrian I've changed the lister row hover to show actions only on hovering the first cell.

@Robin S I'm thinking on how to make things better configurable, but for this time I think I'll make the bold page names optional in PageListTweaks.

Here is the preview of the iconified pagelist (and lister actions):

aos-pagelist-icons.gif

On hover after a few milliseconds link text becomes visible to have some hint.

Link colors will probably need a bit of JavaScript because using CSS inherit doesn't seem to pull the right color.

• Like 3

I'm seeing an issue in Firefox where dragging a repeater item causes the item to jump upwards away from the cursor position. Perhaps something to do with offset from the bottom of the viewport, because the issue is particularly noticeable when the browser dev tools panel is open.

rep-jump.gif

At first I can't reproduce but there was a similar issue earlier with AsmSelect fields. The cause was that the "body" had an overflow-y: scroll; in CSS, removing that fixed it. If it happens again, could you check what happens if you add/remove "overflow" on body/html tags?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tpr said:

At first I can't reproduce but there was a similar issue earlier with AsmSelect fields. The cause was that the "body" had an overflow-y: scroll; in CSS, removing that fixed it. If it happens again, could you check what happens if you add/remove "overflow" on body/html tags?

Yep, that's it - removing the rule fixes the issue. The rule is on the html element actually:

html.aos.AdminThemeDefault {
    overflow-y: scroll;
}

• Like 2

On Chrome / Mac (maybe others) you can't click directly on the dropdown arrow to select an image by filename. You have to click once to focus the input, then again on the arrow.

Another idea I had from a fellow dev just getting into PW. He was thinking that some clients would benefit from having the page list actions visible all the time, rather than needing to hover/click. I think this might be a good thing to try, especially with the new action icons you showed. What do you think? I know it might look a little messy, but sometimes that is better than having a client staring at the screen not know what to click - yes some people don't explore like we do :)

Always show page list actions: you mean the non-extra items, right? I'll have a look, but interesting idea. What I could imagine is putting the action in a second row, like in WordPress.

You mean the filefilter on the arrow? It's a workaround to populate the dropdown.

2 hours ago, adrian said:

Another idea I had from a fellow dev just getting into PW. He was thinking that some clients would benefit from having the page list actions visible all the time, rather than needing to hover/click. I think this might be a good thing to try, especially with the new action icons you showed. What do you think? I know it might look a little messy, but sometimes that is better than having a client staring at the screen not know what to click - yes some people don't explore like we do

i would - if at all - vote for a very vague implementation. maybe setting the transparency through configs... i've also observed newcomers not really knowing what to do with the pagetree. but that moment lasted for around 5sec at max until they hovered and got the concept (on reno - having to click to see the actions is a bigger hurdle).

sorry for doubleposting but this one just came to my mind:

i don't know how AOS is structured at the moment and i don't have time to investigate so i'll just throw in the idea. what if the module had a separate folder and separate files for all those little tweaks and we could easily activate/deactivate the things that we need. this would have 2 benefits

• everybody could contribute submodules very easily
  • everybody could build his own set of admin tweaks, for example i could create one gitlab repo for all my custom admin tweaks, install AOS, git clone my repo (or even better fill in an input field and click "pull" ;) ) and then have all my tweaks listed with checkboxes in my AOS admin screen.

if we had a concept what modules are enabled/disabled by default or the possibility to import/export settings one could really speed up development.

thinking further i would also love to have a concept like that for regular modules as well... maybe that would be something for the new pro devtools...

4 minutes ago, bernhard said:

if we had a concept what modules are enabled/disabled by default or the possibility to import/export settings one could really speed up development.

thinking further i would also love to have a concept like that for regular modules as well

Like this?

I am actually tempted to submit this functionality as a PR to the PW core. Perhaps if you guys agree you could post some support for the idea over on that thread so I can show that others want this functionality.

• Like 1

@bernhard

This has came up earlier too, and could be useful without doubt. But it would require a different structure plus a well thought-out system that allows such modularity.

In current state of AOS this is a no-go, and if someone would start it I would recommend to start with creating a new admin theme instead of patching Reno (or Default).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tpr said:

Always visible pagelist actions - this is what you have thought of?

Yeah, that was the request. Certainly busy looking, but maybe that's ok. I still think it's a nice option to be able to give users if they'd prefer it. On that note, have you considered hooking into ProcessProfile and making some of the AOS tweaks manageable by the user? Not sure on which ones would be appropriate other than this - just thinking out loud :)