AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Looking at the filter box, I am not sure it should be automatically focused. While this might seem nice, it removes the search icon, so it's actually hard to know what the input field is actually for. This is probably most important when editing a page with a Profields Table field on it. As a site editor I am not sure I'd know what to do with that input box.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 9.08.35 AM.png

Also, on the issue of Table fields, if you have more than one on a page, the filter box filters all the fields. I am actually thinking that it might be best to remove the filter box altogether for Table fields because the latest version supports pagination and has its own filter functionality that works via ajax across all paginations, which of course your filter box doesn't do.

The same could actually be said for for Listers - is there much point having the filter box when it only filters the current page of results?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fbg13 said:

Why won't it help? It's better than empty space or removing the sidebar altogether imo.

Oh, just looked at it more closer - I thought the branding means the logo only. I'll set it fixed.

@adrian

I'll remove the filterbox or Tables then. Just tried and it doesn't work for me inside an ajax-loaded repeater, the Find link is there but does nothing. Just for the record AOS filter works neither :)

As for the Lister I think filterbox is useful even if it filters the current set only. Btw, you can use the ctrl-right, ctrl-left buttons to go to the next set, and it will be filtered too. I know it's just a workaround but still better than nothing.

3 hours ago, szabesz said:
4 hours ago, adrian said:

I am not sure it should be automatically focused

+1 (I hate auto focus...:-[ )

Just wanted to add that I find the autofocus of the filter box specifically on the modules listing quite useful. I'd much rather type than scroll. :)

I don't mind it auto-focused on the modules/templates/fields pages, but on the page edit page where there are other fields it suggests that you need to do something in it first. Perhaps it would even be ok auto-focused if they search icon was still displayed so you knew what it was for.

On a related note, I am having some frustration with the search box in the Reno compact header autofocusing (or triggered by some key action - I am not sure). I am noticing when using the Tracy console panel and strangely often when I type $page->field etc - it gets to "$page-" and then the cursor moves to the search box and the ">field" end up in there instead. Is it me, or something that can be tweaked?

Ok, I think the autofocus is could be easily added only to module/field/template edit pages.

Sorry about the Reno search focus - it's the double shift (tap shift) that I have already planned to remove. At first it seemed a good idea but often failed when shift was kept pressed. The shortcut that triggers the focus is alt+d btw (Hotkeys).

• Like 2

I know this is a Reno thing in general, but I wonder if AoS could get rid of the large page titles and put them back in the breadcrumb like they are in the default theme - it just seems like such a waste of vertical space.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 3.38.09 PM.png

vs 

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 3.38.52 PM.png

• Like 2

v0999 is up containing the requests posted above.

- RenoTweak: fixed position of branding if sticky sidebar is on but sticky header is not
- autofocus filterboxes only on module/template/field/translator list pages
- do not add filter box for InputfieldTable (ProFields)
- filter box: always show search icon
- removed tap shift to focus main search (Hotkeys)

@adrian Certainly it could, be where would the buttons (Save, etc) and the search field go then (in case of compact header)? Or do you meant it for non-compact-header mode only?

Something like this could work, but there's a lot of combination that should be taken care of. I think if you need a compact header, then well... use the compact header :)  I kinda like the header H1 as it is, it would be too compact this way.

aos-breadcrumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks @tpr for those fixes.

I am not sure about the save buttons and search box. Let me think about that.

In the meantime there seems to be a problem with ASM and the default theme with AoS enabled. When you drag an item it appears blank until it's been dropped. It seems fine with Reno though.

It seems that overflow-y: scroll; on the "body" causes this, interesting. It was there to avoid page jumps but as I see it's OK to add this to the "html" tag.

Add new module: thanks, I've fixed that.

• Like 1

v100 is up with the recent fixes/suggestions/requests:

• moved AdminLangSwitcher, noAnim, HoverDropdown, LangTabHotkeySwitcher, AdminColumns, AutosizeTextareas, TabIndex submodules into Misc submodule
  • moved PageListUnselect submodule into PageListTweaks submodule
  • added e.metaKey besides e.ctrlKey (suggested by adrian)
  • separate CSS/JS for AOS configuration page (suggested by matjazp)
  • do not load module CSS/JS when module is disabled
  • flatModules: make "Add new module" section visible when clicking on "Add new" from sidebar/top menu (reported by adrian)
  • force loading of longclick.js for moduleModal (reported by gmclelland)
  • fix for invisible AsmList items on drag (reported by adrian)
  • added hash navigation for module config page

I moved non-configurable submodules into other submodules (mostly into Misc). You'll need to re-set them if you used them before.

Hash navigation is not exactly working as expected so it may be removed later.

• Like 3

Thanks @tpr - I forgot to mention that to get that CMD key shortcut to work on MacOS, you actually need this complete combination which includes charCode as well as keyCode:

if ((e.metaKey || e.ctrlKey) && (e.keyCode == 83 || e.charCode == 83)) {

That is the working replacement for this line: https://github.com/rolandtoth/AdminOnSteroids/blob/0ffbbe3a6fbfc41e155b8df5d2ae119b0d86c5df/Hotkeys/Hotkeys.js#L160

I haven't tested other shortcuts in the Hotkeys.js file nor those in the main AdminOnSteroids.js file, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what is needed for those also.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Tracy shows these notices on the page tree:

17×
PHP Notice: Undefined index: ListerTweaks_options in .../modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module:452
17×
PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in .../modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module:452

• Like 1

@Macrura

Please check the latest version (v101) if that fixes it. I couldn't reproduce though but I saw it once in an earlier version. I tried it on reinstalling the module too (without the restore settings option).

I've added a small tweak to close the notifications using the ESC key. This works on the very first keyup event only so it's for power users who want to close the notifications right after page load :) I used the admin only for a few minutes with this setting but I found it a very handy.

• Like 3

v102 contains the remove notice on ESC feature, now I'm experimenting with a grid view of asmLists:

aos-asm-grid.gif

I think this could come handy on long lists, what do you think? I could add a button to toggle full width/grid view.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tpr said:

I can't reproduce - are they still in the DOM or are they just invisible? Could you narrow it down to a certain submodule?

Sorry, it doesn't seem to be related to AOS at all. It seems to be random at the moment and it just happens that when I initially tested it worked again after disabling AOS. 

I'll look elsewhere!