AdminOnSteroids

tpr

20 hours ago, bernhard said:

Hi @tpr

any chance we can get a fix for this issue in AOS as long as it is not fixed in the core? https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/812#issuecomment-520855872

Thx ? 

It doesn't diminish your request, but Interestingly I have an issue where AOS actually causes a horizontal scrollbar to appear on desktop on some pages - as soon as I disable AOS it goes away. I haven't narrowed down the cause, but something worth thinking about in all this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @tpr,

I'm also experiencing a different issue with AoS and the new toggle fieldtype.

When entering the new toggle field to display results in the admin Page List (template->advanced->list of fields to display), if the page tree is not already open, the 'edit' string is attached to the string of text, when you open up a branch.  If the tree is already opened however, it is fine.

Please see the attached image.

Thanks!

toogle_page_tree.png

I see, and it's caused by the template and field edit links submodule. I've tried a few things like prioritizing hooks and changing the execution order but no luck so far.

• 1 month later...

@tpr Thanks for this great module!

But I think the CKE plugin Linkhover cannot be used with PW anymore. At some point PW or the CKE module implemented the linkhover on their own, and now if you doubleclick a link in your text its title attribute is replaced with the URL. A normal click in the text and then Edit works, but not the doubleclick.

Tested on PW 3.0.123 - 3.0.145 with AOS 2.0.20

2 hours ago, Klenkes said:

if you doubleclick a link in your text its title attribute is replaced with the URL

@tpr, I have added a fix for this in v0.0.2 of the Link Hover plugin if you want to update the version included in AOS: https://github.com/Toutouwai/linkhover

2 hours ago, Klenkes said:

At some point PW or the CKE module implemented the linkhover on their own

Not as far as I can see. Without the Link Hover plugin installed there is no equivalent functionality to show the link URL on hover. Thanks for the bug report though.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Robin S said:

I have added a fix for this in v0.0.2 of the Link Hover plugin if you want to update the version included in AOS: https://github.com/Toutouwai/linkhover

Thank you. Works great again.

11 hours ago, Robin S said:
13 hours ago, Klenkes said:

At some point PW or the CKE module implemented the linkhover on their own

Not as far as I can see. Without the Link Hover plugin installed there is no equivalent functionality to show the link URL on hover. Thanks for the bug report though.

You are right. I got confused.

• 2 months later...

Hey @tpr just wanted to ask if there is any harm in having all config inputfields toggled visible? AOS has so many options, it's always hard to remember where an option is hidden. Using the browser search this would be a lot easier (eg find "middle" when you want to activate some middle click magic)

eDm7WWT.png

There's no harm but then I would have to modify the current submodule toggle (and role setting) behavior. The idea was to enable/disable a submodule in the top section and hide the corresponding settings section below.

If I would remove the "show if" conditionals to show all settings, one wouln't know whether the submodule he is configuring is enabled or not (without scrolling to the top to check). Perhaps the easier solution would be to add some kind of text or icon to indicate the on/off state.

@tpr I don't remember if I have posted this already some time ago... The option "disable all admin animations" practically makes the vec-dialogs unusable. The dialog will appear, but won't disappear when you choose either of the options. You then have no choice than to hard-reload the page. Maybe a word of caution would be nice in the settings. I stumbled over this a long time ago, and recently forget how to fix it.

• Like 2

Is it possible to overwrite the use of Purifier and ACF in a CKE field with the overwrite function of AOS?
I need to disable them on one page with a known ID.

Like this:

$fieldoverrides['Diable ACF an Purifier for Privacy Policy'] = array(
"?page" => "id=1035",
"?field" => "body",
"removePlugins" => "Purifier,ACF"
);

Well it doesn't work, because ACF and Purifier are not plugins...

On 2/13/2020 at 3:57 PM, Klenkes said:

Well it doesn't work, because ACF and Purifier are not plugins...

Sure, because they are field settings.

This feature wasn't tested and used too many times (by myself) but when I opened a local PW site I usually use for testing, the following was filled int he FieldOverrides textarea in AOS:

[Enable any markup in any CKEditor]
?field = "inputfieldClass=InputfieldCKEditor"
useACF = 0
usePurifier = 0

Apparently it works, but it's important to know how. AOS is loaded in the admin only, so if you override a field like this, you won't see useACF=0 if you dump the field settings in the frontend (eg. with Tracy). But in the admin the value is overriden, so you can add any markup and it will be saved to the DB. On the contrary, if you decide to remove this override later on, the data won't be changed in the DB automatically unless you re-save the page again.

• Like 2

Oh yes, of course, you are right. It's a setting!
I was so caught up in removing plugins on this template and removing buttons on toolbars on another template.

Usually I wouldn't disable security features that but in this case the editors are trustworthy and it's only on 1 page.

Thank you for this extraordinary module!

Glad it helped. I know it can be a powerful feature even though I haven't had a chance to use too much.

You may also take the relatively new built-in extended template overrides into account (available when $config->advanced = true). But that would need another template to use so AOS is more flexible.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been asked, there is a "View site" menu item, say when using AdminThemeUiKit, and i want that to open in a new tab, however checking off the "Open Home/View site in new tab (topnav)" seems to have no effect.

1980983969_Module__AdminOnSteroids__aaroncopland_com_-_Mozilla_Firefox.jpg.efef00c30e46acdcb0e747e39e7fa641.jpg

• 2 months later...

When this module is turned on, my CKEditor modals get buried under an overlay I can't obviously click through. The overlay gets set to a ridiculously high z-index.

Normally the overlay sits at I think 10000 and then the modal table gets throw above that at like 10010-10060.

When AOS is enabled - with no submodules activated AT ALL - there is a css override in aos.min.css and here's what it puts out in my install:

.cke_dialog_background_cover {
    z-index: 103000 !important;
}

I'm not sure why that rule is in there, all that I know is that if I turn off AOS completely, it goes away.

Trying to edit source code, trying to compare revisions - yeah those don't work. Am I the only one seeing this problem?

It doesn't matter if the CKEditor autoload segment is turned on or not.

I'm using WP 3.0.156 and AOS 2.0.20

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@tpr, could you add the option "use custom fields width" to the Uikit Tweaks section? When this option is enabled, the css file should be added after uikit in which there will be classes in the format:

@media (min-width: 960px) {
  [data-colwidth="1\%"] { width: 1%; }
  [data-colwidth="2\%"] { width: 2%; }
  [data-colwidth="100\%"] { width: 100%; }
}

This will solve the problem - https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/480

11 hours ago, MaierGrem said:

@tpr, could you add the option "use custom fields width" to the Uikit Tweaks section? When this option is enabled, the css file should be added after uikit in which there will be classes in the format:

You can pull in a custom CSS (see AssetPaths), where you can add anything you want.

• Like 1