AdminOnSteroids

tpr

• 1 month later...

Hi, when applying CodeMirror in AOS, when viewing source the text is black on a dark background. Nothing I've tried seems to be able to override this (custom stylesheets etc). Any ideas?

Capture3.PNG

• Like 1

This also happens on LightWire actually when using the UIKit admin theme.

The CSS class that overrides the colour is this:

image.png

It's bizarre that I can't override it even when using a custom CKE CSS file and adding color: #fffff !important (I kinda thought !important would do the trick).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @tpr there are settings in AoS for PageListTweaks: Always show pagelist actions and Always show extra actions.

Could you make them work also in a ListerPro?

On 9/21/2018 at 11:57 AM, Pete said:

There's a UIKit admin theme bug when you switch on AoS - see here: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/706

The bug doesn't exist when you switch AoS off so just needs some style tweaks somewhere in AoS but I didn't investigate further than that sorry.

I can confirm this bug.

I know about that bug, will check later. As for ListerPro, the problem is that I still don't own a copy of it so it's hard to fix. If you happen to make a PR, that would be great.

The overlapped header button and the CodeMirror black font color issues should be fixed in v2.0.4. As for the latter, if you set a light CodeMirror theme then you should manually override the font color with a custom CSS. I also made the CodeMirror editor text a bit larger and force word-wrapping.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there. I am not sure if the issue I experience is a bug of AOS or there is some weird setting I have, but I noticed that on a PW latest version with just AOS installed, when I select the Sticky header option and scroll down the page a bit, the submenu's are not showing until I scroll back up where they are dropped originally. Any ideas on how to have that fixed as it is not that convenient to have the sticky header if you are not seeing your menu and still need to scroll back up to make it appear?

PW-AOS-01.png

PW-AOS-02.png

@MilenKo This is because these dropdowns are positioned via JavaScript (inline CSS) and it happens when you hover on the menu. This makes this weird behaviour that I have noticed as well but never examined it. As a simple fix I made those dropdown menus fixed positioned too in v2.0.5.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody and @tpr maybe you want to vote for a pull request I made:

Expose actual user and role/s through ProcessWire.config javascript object https://github.com/processwire/processwire/pull/127

This would allow for example AdminOnSteroids to activate some features only if a specific user-role or user is active. But it is not exclusive for AoS.

I really don't know if you should vote for the pull request or the feature-request or if Ryan cares about the votes.

@tpr There is a bug with displaying roles. I remember there was a select, so you can select which roles benefit from a specific setting. But under what conditions do these selects appear?

I have one ProcessWire installation with latest AoS and AdminThemeUikit, where the roles select should be available, but does not show up, although it is there.

image.png.00653871817a14a065cafd383aad53ba.png

This seems to come from the asmSelect class. When I remove the class, the select appears.

image.png.fe31e921cc72097110f71166bd68e598.png

With the old Default AdminTheme there appears a small triangle.

image.png.b2c9ac2e7214d1bf47454c57d6a301a3.png

@adrian You're right, I cannot duplicate ? I'm not PWing nowadays too much but so far I haven't had such issue with hidden pages.

@jmartsch Thanks, I think I found why the roles select wasn't displayed to you. It uses AOS's "Add placeholder to asmSelect" (under AsmTweaks), so if you do not check that you won't see the ROLES label. Plus UIkit uses a background-image to show the arrows for the select boxes and AOS was overriding it with a white background color, that's why they were not visible to you. Try v2.0.6 where you can see at least the arrows even if AsmTweaks is disabled.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tpr said:

@adrian You're right, I cannot duplicate ? I'm not PWing nowadays too much but so far I haven't had such issue with hidden pages.

I don't think I have seen it before either, but on the site in question, it is triggered by the "Show Page IDs" option. If I turn that off, it works as expected.

Hi  @tpr I've had a problem when using the skip trash feature of AOS with ProCache,

here is Ryan's explanation:

A couple suggestions. Avoid skipping the trash if possible. The trash is there for a reason, and there's a reason the core doesn't have a skip trash option. Consider that a 3rd party advanced power user tool that can have side effects, as it does here. If you are deleting pages from the API (skipping trash) you might want to clear the entire document cache after you are done by going into the admin in Setup > ProCache

Is this feature only enabled for super users or for everyone in the admin? Maybe it would be better to trash pages first and delete them thereafter (automatically) rather than skipping the trash?

Here is the complete post:

When it comes to clearing caches, ProCache is designed for the admin workflow. In your case a 3rd party module added a "Skip Trash" option that goes outside the intended admin workflow, so that's not something that ProCache is going to know about. If a page is deleted, ProCache is going to wipe any caches present for that Page either way. But it's not efficient for ProCache to execute clearing behaviors affecting other pages on $pages->delete() calls because these are usually performed in bulk, like when emptying trash. Not to mention they can be recursive. So if ProCache is executing multi-page cache clearing rules on every delete() call there's a real potential for significant overhead increase and potentially interfere with or prevent bulk delete() operations. 

A couple suggestions. Avoid skipping the trash if possible. The trash is there for a reason, and there's a reason the core doesn't have a skip trash option. Consider that a 3rd party advanced power user tool that can have side effects, as it does here. If you are deleting pages from the API (skipping trash) you might want to clear the entire document cache after you are done by going into the admin in Setup > ProCache. Or if you want to do it from the API you can do $procache->clearAll(); 

If you wanted multi-page cache clearing behaviors to be executed on every $pages->delete() call, this is where things get a little dangerous as there can be side effects as described above. But if you wanted to experiment with it, it could be done with a hook. You would save or trash a page before deleting it using a hook like this:

$pages->addHookBefore('deleteReady', function($event) {
  $page = $event->arguments(0);
  $page->save();
}); 

While I don't recommend this in general, if your case has really simple cache clearing behaviors that don't involve lots of pages, then it may be just fine. 

Are you aware of that?