AdminOnSteroids

tpr

html.pListShowActions .content .PageList .PageListItem { width: 100%; }

Thank you, that helped.

I recommend using Reno or Uikit theme

Unfortunately I love the default theme...

• Like 1

Been meaning to report this for a while. When the ASM search box option is enabled, the width of the dropdown is too narrow and look item titles wrap which looks ugly and confusing. I am seeing this in the UikIt theme - not sure about the others.

Thanks for taking a look!

Another one for you:

On the Input tab of a Page Reference field with an AsmSelect inputfield, choose custom for the label field. This enables the "Custom page label format" field, but see how it's below the "Max Limit of Items" option. On UikIt with the newish "percentage" inputfield column widths option.

image.thumb.png.be0f2f810d2329a6f10a08c2ce977938.png

@adrian Thanks, I've fixed these. The uikit field with issue is solved by adding the fields (max limit and asm placeholder) after the Required field.

@ottogal I wasn't able to find a CSS-only solution to the sticky menu + jump link issue you mentioned. Surely there's one but I've spent too much time on it without success so I let it go instead. I could add JS but that doesn't appeal to me.

There's a new productivity tweak for the Delete and Trash pagelist actions: if ctrl key is pressed you can skip the confirmation step. I found it very handy to quickly get rid of test pages. (on the Trash action I mean the one added by AOS that is available for non-superusers).

I'll release the update soon.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2018 at 4:21 AM, tpr said:

There's a new productivity tweak for the Delete and Trash pagelist actions

Speaking of deleting pages, what do you think about the idea I raised a while back...

Sometimes when testing you want to permanently delete a page after you have created or edited it, so it would be handy to be able to do that from the Delete tab rather than going back to the tree. Instead of another checkbox inside the "Move to Trash" inputfield like I showed in my earlier suggestion (I don't think it's even possible to do that with the forms API) it would be better to have a separate "Delete permanently" inputfield added to the Delete tab.

• Like 1

1.9.5 is uploaded. I've disabled the FileCompiler because on Win localhost it was very slow, so if you have issues try to refresh the module cache.

Changelog:

- fix inline pagelist items if "Always show pagelist actions" was checked (reported by ottogal)
- Delete and Trash action (non-superusers): skip confirmation if ctrl key is pressed
- new Skip Trash? checkbox on page edit Delete tab (SuperUsers only, requested by Robin S)
- fix NavItems causing JS error on "Find Files to Translate" page Search box
- hotkey save: do not add blocking overlay until html5 required attribute requirements are not resolved (reported by Robin S, #95)
- asmSelect searchbox: allow wider dropdown
- AdminThemeUikit, percentage-based widths ON: move AsmSelect placeholder and maxlimit fields after Required field to avoid layout issues
- add namespace and FileCompiler=0 to bypass PW's FileCompiler (slow compile on Win localhost, may need modules refresh)

• Like 5

On 6/5/2018 at 8:39 AM, tpr said:

- new Skip Trash? checkbox on page edit Delete tab (SuperUsers only, requested by Robin S)

Thanks for adding this feature!

It might be good (just to avoid any confusion) to exclude the skip trash option on the delete tab of ProcessUser because the deletion there is permanent by default.

2018-06-11_113934.png.a1e0560e0af5882b18fd5547ffdd7818.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

When I mentioned earlier that I may decide to create to create a new admin theme from aos many of you liked the idea. Yesterday I tried it out and I see how easy it would be to port some features without hacks, and removing the extra code needed to support the 3 major admin themes. 

So if decide to rewrite that would mean a faster and leaner module that is easier to maintain, but at the cost of dropping support for the default and reno themes. Plus as it would be forked from the uikit theme, I would have to constantly adjust it when the original theme is updated.

So what do you think about it? 

10 hours ago, tpr said:

I think several AOS features need to be in the core ?

Seriously though, if we could get the most used features in the core, then perhaps the lesser used ones could remain in a trimmed down AOS. I think I'd rather see a module that works on top of a core theme, rather than you creating a separate theme that misses out on new features that Ryan adds until you have a chance to add them to your version of the theme. Does that make sense?

I don't think you should being trying to maintain support for multiple themes though - I think going forward PW needs one solid flexible theme which can be restyled via CSS and functionality tweaked by hooks and js overrides. I think having multiple themes with different codebases just makes things difficult for Ryan because he often has to add new functionality to multiple themes - this is why I always stick with his default, which in my mind is UiKit these days. Anyway, I am a little OT now, but hopefully my ramblings make sense.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, tpr said:

I agree with Adrian - in the future you might get too busy or just want to take a break from developing AOS and then users wouldn't be able to get new features or bug fixes that Ryan applies to the core admin theme.

I also think it might turn out to be quite a hassle for you to apply core admin theme changes to your custom theme, because once the methods have been modified you won't be able to see changes easily via a simple diff. You'd have to monitor the core diffs instead and then manually hunt through your custom methods to find the equivalent locations.

But once AdminThemeUikit has been the default admin theme for some period of time then I think it would be quite reasonable to say that AOS requires AdminThemeUikit and doesn't support the older themes.

• Like 3

On 6/30/2018 at 9:32 PM, adrian said:

I think several AOS features need to be in the core ?

Seriously though, if we could get the most used features in the core, then perhaps the lesser used ones could remain in a trimmed down AOS. I think I'd rather see a module that works on top of a core theme, rather than you creating a separate theme that misses out on new features that Ryan adds until you have a chance to add them to your version of the theme. Does that make sense?

I don't think you should being trying to maintain support for multiple themes though - I think going forward PW needs one solid flexible theme which can be restyled via CSS and functionality tweaked by hooks and js overrides. I think having multiple themes with different codebases just makes things difficult for Ryan because he often has to add new functionality to multiple themes - this is why I always stick with his default, which in my mind is UiKit these days. Anyway, I am a little OT now, but hopefully my ramblings make sense.

I exactly think the same as Adrian.

@tpr, I have two questions, but don't bear with me, If I just have overseen the answers. ?

1) is there a shortkey (like ctrl+s) for "Save and Add New" available, or is it possible to add this as new feature?

2) Is there a way, (also a none public one*), to get the configuration exported out of one installation and imported into another one?

* means, I'm also fine with it, to copy/paste parts from/to sql-dumps.

Currently there's no such hotkey. I've tried it earlier without luck but surely there's a way. 

You can copy settings.php from one install to another. Check Save settings checkbox in the bottom of config and save the module. Then on the other site check the same checkbox and save. Then uninstall aos, put settings.php to aos dir and install.

• 2 weeks later...

When I enable AOS and try to move files/images, this happens (incognito mode, no options selected, just enabled module, no js errors):

aos.gif

Disabling html.aos{min-width:100vw;overflow-x:hidden} helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @tpr - as always thanks for this module. I wanted to add a feature request, which is to make the case changer something that could be used on other text fields (not sure how feasible that is); using that one a lot and is really helpful; i hacked my own 'other field' usage for the moment.. (using AdminCustomFiles)

• Like 1

Interesting, I use it very rarely. I remember using it only once when I copied many badly formatted articles with random title cases, and it was a great help.

I've modified this feature so it works now on text(language) fields and file/image description fields as well, even after uploading new items. Plus it works with ajax loaded fields and repeaters too. It's also new that on case change an input change is also triggered so you'll get a confirmation alert to save on leaving the page. I've also fixed some positioning issues, eg with expanded language tabs.

I'll upload the new version tomorrow if everything goes well.

• Like 5

whoah that is super amazing! Thanks – yeah i have 2 sites with random capitalizations of words in a certain field and am case changing them all... sometimes editors use all caps for things..

• Like 1

All set, please try. I will check if I can add the case toggle to Batch Child Editor's page title field too, that would also come handy. If you have other special fields in mind to support, please tell.

• Like 1