AdminOnSteroids

tpr

2 hours ago, tpr said:

Took some time why it's not working there but finally found it

Thank you - awesome to have!

2 hours ago, tpr said:

I've checked the new UIkit theme and it's not bad. From AOS pov I saw only the language switcher that is misplaced but surely there are others too.

The main thing I am missing at the moment is the full row hover :)

And the position of the "Disable AdminOnSteroids" link is driving me a little crazy :D

A couple of other things I have noticed:

• There is no support for the stick header/nav when using the traditional layout option. In sidebar mode it is built into the theme, but I don't like the iframe implementation.
  • There is a weird layout issue with AOS on - note the doubled and missing borders on these elements
    59d0f7eca8f97_ScreenShot2017-10-01at7_12_22AM.png.628bc1f9df9d45728c50035314dc561c.png
    59d0f8b15faec_ScreenShot2017-10-01at7_15_57AM.png.ff0ce220b01bf22b1ce6e173501c3941.png

Thanks for all your work on this!

• Thanks 1

I noticed an issue when AOS is enabled.  The collapsed fieldsets aren't fully expanded.

59d0fad29648d_EditPageAboutUspwoliver.test2017-10-0109-24-37.jpg.852e55d8b0927d82f1e3120cdc2af65c.jpg

In Chrome dev tools, you can hover over the "label" html element to see it.  I think it has something to do with this rule:

.aos_hasTooltip .title, .InputfieldCheckbox label {
    position: relative;
    display: inline-block;
}

I also noticed on those fieldsets, the AOS tooltip popup isn't working.  Nothing pops up to show the edit field links.  If I find a solution, I'll report back.

Hope that helps,

-Glenn

• Like 1

Sorry, it looks like those fields are collapsed ajax loaded fields, not fieldsets.  So to summarize:

1. Field Initially Collapsed - Field set to Open when populated, closed when blank = works good, span full width and tooltips appear when hovered
  2. Field Initially Collapsed - Field set to Open when populated + Closed when blank + Load only when opened (AJAX)  = doesn't work, only spans the width of the label, tooltip doesn't appear when hovered.

I think the type matters here as well, I think I'm seeing the problem only on InputfieldCheckbox fields.

On 10/04/2017 at 3:37 PM, Robin S said:

@tpr, is it possible to have the ListerTweaks submodule activated (to get the benefits of the "Lister options" section) without the submodule interfering with the columns of the Find and Users lister? Even after emptying the "Users lister columns" it shows "DEFAULTS" and prevents columns being added within the columns tab of the Users lister itself. Could there be checkboxes to turn off the column options within AOS?

@tpr, just following up a request from a while back. I think this is similar to the issue @szabesz raised the other day - it affects both the core Lister and Lister Pro. I'd like to keep the Lister tweaks active in AOS because the "Show action buttons on hover" is handy but I'd like to have a way to turn off the fixed selection of columns. I think if the columns AsmSelect is empty for a Lister then AOS should take that as meaning "do nothing to this Lister's columns".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robin S said:

I think if the columns AsmSelect is empty for a Lister then AOS should take that as meaning "do nothing to this Lister's columns".

Also, it should be pointed out so that we do not miss it. And another idea is to somehow "throw" a warning when someone on Lister Pro's config screen is trying to set the columns with AOS in effect. When I have the time I can let @tpr work on development site so that he can test such a feature but currently I'm just to busy...

I've just uploaded v1.6.1 that contains the CKEaddon config fix and also some minor AdminThemeUikit fixes.

I've also modified ListerTweaks to allow empty asmSelects. I'm not sure about this line but I guess it's needed to clear previous lister sessions.

• Like 2

I'd like to make some suggestions about this module, after having used it/installed it and setup on a lot of sites recently:

1) I believe that the module should default to everything off. Many of the changes that this module makes to the admin are potentially breaking, or may totally confuse non tech-savvy clients. I would rather be able to install this, and enable 1 feature at a time and then test each enabled feature.

2) In terms of defaults, i believe the CK editor skin should default to 'default' not to lightwire; because since default is the default, why not let users decide if they want to change to lightwire, instead of assuming they want it.

Also, i wouldn't include any plugins by default, especially not justify - one a site i just installed AOS on, it was showing 3 entire sets of text alignment icons in the editor; by removing that plugin, this has reverted to normal behavior.

3) with nav items, that is certainly an awesome feature, and allows you to make a lot of cool shortcuts in the sidebar, also having the option to group some into their own submenu is cool - would be even better if the submenu could be above pages so that you could put your custom shortcuts into it's own top level menu, like "Site" or "Company"; I'm not fully understanding why the menu items have 2 areas, one that links to a bookmark and one that links to the editor; it is very clever that by selecting a page, it knows you mean edit the page (not view); my clients are so technically handicapped that even having 2 areas of a menu item will probably cause a meltdown. Ideally clicking on the item would just take them to the edit page, or maybe there can be some setting for this in case other users like that dual menu item functionality...

thanks for considering!

• Like 1

Sounds good to me. In fact the default setting were important to me until the feature to import settings.php weren't introduced (see the bottom of AOS config page).

For the nav items I could tweak it to enable edit links only for superuers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/10/2017 at 9:11 AM, tpr said:

I've also modified ListerTweaks to allow empty asmSelects. I'm not sure about this line but I guess it's needed to clear previous lister sessions.

That line that you weren't sure about is preventing the adding or removing of columns from the Users lister. I think you should be able to remove the else{} part because if there are no columns specified in the AOS config then you don't need to do anything to the Lister columns.

Also, it would be a little more efficient not to even hook ProcessPageLister::execute when both column AsmSelects are empty in the AOS config...

if (
    in_array($subModule, $enabledSubmodules) &&
    (!isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) || strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], '?bookmark=') === false) && 
    // No need for hook if no tweaks in config
    (!empty(self::$configData['ListerTweaks_find']) || !empty(self::$configData['ListerTweaks_users']))
) { 
    // ...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tpr said:

How exactly? Perhaps yours is not that bf

Oh yes it is! :P 

As I use the admin's login form as a public login form (just redirecting frontend users to another page) it was crucial to change the logo...

#logo {
    display: none;
    margin-top: 6px;
} 
//replacing the logo:
var logo_o = $("#branding #logo");
logo_o.attr("href", "/");
var innerHtml_str = logo_o.html();
var updated_str = innerHtml_str.replace("/wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeReno/styles/images/", "/site/templates/admin/");
logo_o.html(updated_str);
logo_o.show(); //made hidden by display: none; so we need to turn it on. This is to prevent flashing.

I hope that's all. I did it some time ago....

• Thanks 1

@tpr Morning!

I have a question about Save on crtl+s (which is command+s on macOS, BTW): from this morning on I need keep it off as I kept accidentally publishing new pages which should not be published yet, it is because the action is not Save but rather Publish and I got used to it forgetting not to do it when I should not publish the page.

So the question is: is it possible take into account the status of the page and do "Save + Keep Unpublished" when it is Unpublished?