AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Just read your comment here and found out AOS now has some profound documentation.

You're a monster, @tpr! The wiki is awesome! I saw it and said to myself: "Ha, but he probably does not have changelog!" But I was wrong (and astonished)!

I think the main PW repo could benefit from a CHANGELOG.md like this. Especially that there are enough of nice changes to be mentioned almost every week. Sorry for offtop))

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @tpr

Has this been reported yet?

FileFieldTweaks-icons-cover-trash.gif.82c156a8277d7fba8408f3b7f80db804.gif

FileFieldTweaks icons cover the trash icon making it "impossible" (for a client...) to delete. Turning off the options temporarily fixed the delete issue, but the download icon is a good feature, we are missing it... :) 

On 8/14/2017 at 6:24 PM, tpr said:

Yep, several times :) though the download icons was not harmed at all :)

Update to v151 to fix.

speaking of download icons – there is a (probably not used much, but nonetheless awesome) module called Secure File - for that module, the download button doesn't work, i guess AOS is not compatible with that module; I disabled the "Add Asset Download Button", since that module already provides a download link for the file. Just wanted to post that here in case someone else uses secure file and comes across the non-working download (if they have AOS add asset download enabled)...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@tpr - nice job on the AddNewChildFirst functionality - very cool!

A couple of minor things:

1) This sentence needs the "of" added:

"Add new page as first child instead of last"

2) There are several locations where the PW file compiler is causing problems in your text, eg:

59a4889a73ff6_ScreenShot2017-08-28at2_18_03PM.png.a77f6cbe63377658dda2807f446511dd.png

This is due to this bug: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/98

I have come across this in my own modules and I just end up re-wording things to avoid parentheses near PW variable names, but of course it would be great if this could be fixed properly, but I don't think it's high on Ryan's priorities.

• Like 1

Actually just found an easy solution for these, eg:

replace:

Shortcuts to templates and fields(SuperUser only)

with:

Shortcuts to templates and fields (SuperUser only)

Note that it has to be a   - an ordinary space won't work.

Thanks @adrian, I haven't came across these issues, good to know.

The AddNewChildFirst submodule works pretty neat, thanks for your contributions in this topic - I only collected all the goodies from there :)

• Like 2

Is it just me who has strange looking AdminDataTable filter box in AOS 1.5.2? See:

aos-table-filter.jpg.7270d1eb0ce696f4cc7a4f6646fa8137.jpg

I tried different browsers in incognito/private browsing but it stays like that :( The label introduced is not too useful btw, it takes up space however most users can recognize a filter box these days.

• Like 1

Hi @tpr

I'm having a real pita issue when AOS is enabled. In the screen capture when the mouse pointer stops I single click as well. Whenever I click into the editor the content moves. I could have clicked on the toolbar items too, as it jumps back to its proper position in that case too:

[image removed]

The moving content of the editor makes it hard to edit things. I tried disabling all CKE plugins I had turned on in the AOS settings but that did not make any difference. I can only get rid of this behavior if I disable AOS.

Unluckily this glitch is not present all the time, making it time consuming to test it. Sometimes the content jumps, other times it does not. I could not see a pattern in this, looks like it is randomly happening.

I also tried without the custom editor css I use but did not help either, it happens without that one too.

Has anyone ever seen this?

This is the "Sticky CKE toolbar" feature located in the RenoTweaks. I'm also using it and most of the ime it works fine but sometimes there's a jump when the toolbar goes to fixed position and its height is changing. There's a "Fixed" CKEditor plugin that never worked well for me (even with the fix in their forums) so I revisited this again today and found a nice and easy solution using position:sticky. This works in latest browsers only but I think it's still better than the current one - no hacky JS/CSS, and works with multiple editors too.

I'll upload this new version soon, until that you can uncheck this feature.

aos-sticky-cke-toolbar.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using the latest version? A similar bug was fixed there and I can't reproduce.

If it still exists, could you send a screenshot of your RenoTweaks? And is "Center login form" (under Misc) checked?

10 hours ago, tpr said:

Are you using the latest version? A similar bug was fixed there and I can't reproduce.

If it still exists, could you send a screenshot of your RenoTweaks? And is "Center login form" (under Misc) checked?

Ah, you're quite right - was one of my sites that hasn't upgraded yet (missed it!).

• Thanks 1