AdminOnSteroids

tpr

13 hours ago, tpr said:

Hi @theo,

please try this and see if you can manage to make it work.

What would be handy here having an ajax button to check whether these assets exist.

AdminOnSteroids.module

Thank you Roland.

But I can't make it work.

I show you what I did to test it. There are 6 "echos" marked like (0) ... (5). Code snippet is from about line 989 of the module.

echo $root.' (0)<br>';
        echo $rootPath.' (1)<br>';

// remove install subdirectory
        $rootPath = rtrim($rootPath, $root);
        echo $rootPath.' (2)<br>';

$rootUrl = $this->config->urls->httpRoot;
        $rootUrl = rtrim($rootUrl, $root);

$templatesUrlRelative = $this->config->urls->templates;

echo $rootUrl.' (3) <br>';
        echo $templatesUrlRelative.' (4)<br>';

// do not add JS to page on login page
        if ($this->page->id != 23) {

// custom CKEaddons config js and css

$ckeCSS = $this->getAssetPath('CKEStyle', 'admin/cke.css', $templatesUrlRelative, $configData, $root);
            $ckeJS = $this->getAssetPath('CKEScript', 'admin/cke.js', $templatesUrlRelative, $configData, $root);
            $ckeTemplates = $this->getAssetPath('CKEtemplates', 'admin/templates.js', $templatesUrlRelative,
                $configData, $root);

echo $rootPath . $ckeJS.' (5)<br>';

This outputs:

/~theo/pw3061/ (0)
/home/theo/public_html/pw3061 (1)
/home/theo/public_html (2)
http://localhos (3)
/~theo/pw3061/site/templates/ (4)
/home/theo/public_html/~theo/pw3061/site/templates/admin/cke.js (5)

Where settings are:

Assets Root Path: /home/theo/public_html/pw3061/

CKEditor custom configuration script: /site/templates/admin/cke.js

Thank you.

I'm thinking of removing the default paths and load only files that the user has written something into the inputs, and also remove the file_exists() limitation. So it would be entirely the user's responsibility to add an asset that is surely available (to avoid 404s).

3 minutes ago, tpr said:

I'm thinking of removing the default paths and load only files that the user has written something into the inputs, and also remove the file_exists() limitation. So it would be entirely the user's responsibility to add an asset that is surely available (to avoid 404s).

I don't know PW well enough, but isn't there a setting anywhere to get or set (in my case:)

rootURL: http://localhost/~theo/pw3061/

rootPath: /home/theo/public_html/pw3061/

It think this would be handy in many situations. I'm usually setting such values in init.php, but it should probably go to config.php as a PW standard variable.

Or does sth. like this already exist?

AFAIK you can overwrite some paths/urls but I wouldn't use it if not necessary (to avoid breaking things).

I'll implement the idea I wrote above, that would simplify things a lot (although autoloading assets will be gone).

On 14.5.2017 at 10:16 PM, tpr said:

Btw there are a few filterboxes: a "general" one for datatables, one for the Language Translator and one for File fields, are you covering them all?

Yes, i try to support all filterboxes. Sadly right now I am busy with some projects. Hope I find the time to finish this soon.

• Like 1

The last update made Notices appear at some of our websites (not on all):

Notice: Undefined index: CKEStyle in /Users/.../site/modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module on line 1012

Notice: Undefined index: CKEScript in /Users/.../site/modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module on line 1012

Notice: Undefined index: CKEtemplates in /Users/.../site/modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module on line 1012

Notice: Undefined index: AdminStyle in /Users/.../site/modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module on line 1012

Notice: Undefined index: AdminScript in /Users/.../site/modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module on line 1012

• 2 weeks later...

A new pagelist action "Refresh" will be added in the next update. This refreshes the displayed page data in the page list + reloads children too. Can be useful if you renamed or deleted pages in another browser tab and would like to save a page reload :) 

aos-refresh-action.gif

• Like 1

hi @tpr

i just found a bug when using latest version of AOS (just did the update from 1.4.1 to 1.4.6). it also existed in the later version.

i have a repeater including an image field and an "editor" role with edit-access for the home-template (and all children). the problem is that the image in the repeater field gets uploaded and after reaching 100% disappears. i did some debugging and i found out the following:

• aos uninstalled: works
  • aos installed: does not work (either enabled or disabled)
  • upload as superuser works at all setups
  • ajax error after fileupload: {"error":false,"message":"The requested process does not exist"}
  • when i try to edit the repeater item directly ( /admin/page/edit/?id=1024&InputfieldFileAjax=1 ) in the admin i get this error:
    59317c4d1da3b_2017-06-0216_54_51-ProgramManager.png.416cf1bd70f1a500fee7a57143be2282.png

i hope i was clear enough with my informations so that you can fix this as easy as possible :) if you need more information just let me know!

PS: regular image fields outside repeaters work as expected

I have a site with similar editor role and could not reproduce the issue. You could try uncommenting things above these lines in init() and ready() functions and see where it fails:

if (!$this->enabled) {
	return;
}

Only lines above these will be run if you have disabled AOS in its settings page.

By any chance have you added new permission from these pre-defined ones? I had a site where "page-edit-created" caused similar issues if I remember right.

new-roles.thumb.png.b234308988efc9e5a206df516892f856.png

Thanks! Could you try replacing the line 408 with this, and check if it fixes the issue and doesn't break other things? I clicked around in the admin and everything seems to be fine (in another PW).

Update: there was an issue with the previous fix, pls try this (lines 408-414):

$editedPageId = $this->input->get->id ? $this->sanitizer->int($this->input->get->id) : false;

if ($editedPageId && is_numeric($editedPageId) && $this->pages->find('id=' . $editedPageId . ',check_access=0')->count()) {
            $this->editedPage = $this->pages->find('id=' . $editedPageId . ',check_access=0')->first();
        } else {
            $this->editedPage = null;
        }

Hi @tpr, I spotted an issue with the position of the InputfieldPageListSelect restore icon when the inputfield's width is not the last/only inputfield in a row:

2017-06-08_121232.png.61e391db43d0b800e7bc14c5aa272f7c.png

I fixed it with this:

html.aos .InputfieldPageListSelect { position:relative; }
.aos_pagelist_unselect.restore { right:0; transform:none; -webkit-transform:none; }

• Like 1

Thanks, this part was always buggy but I think I've found a better way, namely floating clear btn and pagelist to the left, and setting pagelist width using calc(). It's OK here in Firefox and Chrome, even with long page titles, could you try?

unselect-placement.thumb.png.ac12031b3f4377807a29250df6877dcd.png

AdminOnSteroids.css

• Like 1

Hi,
I having a problem with image field inside a repeater field and with extra image fields and user profiles and the AdminOnSteroids.

With the superuser profile there is no problem, but the user has other profile then superuser the image in the repeater field does not show the image after upload and do not save the image and the extra image fields does not show correctly  (each language in a row) and the internal link selector does not work and does not show any error.

After a week trying to understand why the non superuser users where not able to upload the images and creating new fields to verify if the originals ones where with some kind of problem I come to the conclusion that the problem where not the fields on them selfs but with some module that was causing this behavior.

After trying to disable the module a tweak the AdminOnSteroids configurations the only thing that work for me was to uninstall the module and the users can upload the image the the extra image fields show correctly.

Its is a great module and I hope you can resolve this issue.

Thank you

3 hours ago, vmo said:

having a problem with image field inside a repeater

It's the same issue as of @bernhard's, could you try the fix I posted on June 2?

• Like 1

@tpr, I've been having a look at the images-in-repeater issue for non-superusers (I discovered this one a while back but forgot to report it here, sorry :().

-----

Edit: I did report it over in the Github repo.

Edit 2: looking at some PM history it looks like a solution (same intent but different implementation to that proposed below) was found but never merged into the repo?

-----

As you found, the $this->editedPage property is the source of the issue. Seeing as the things this property is used for within the module either don't work within repeaters (e.g. field edit links) or aren't needed for repeater pages (e.g. breadcrumb features) I think $this->editedPage should never be set to a repeater page. But it's much easier to exclude repeater pages in ready() because in init() it is not yet known which class a page is an instance of. So could $this->editedPage be set in ready() instead?

This is what I did in my testing and it seems to work okay:

public function init()
{
    // removed code that sets $this->edited page

// populate self::$configData
    self::$configData = $this->modules->getModuleConfigData($this);

// ...

// a bit further down we need to change $configData[$subModule] to self::$configData[$subModule]
public function ready()
{
    // set $this->editedPage
    // excluded repeater pages, minor refactoring
    $this->editedPage = false;
    $editedPageId = $this->sanitizer->int($this->config->input->get->id);
    $editedPage = $this->pages->get($editedPageId);
    if( $editedPage->id && !($editedPage instanceof RepeaterPage) ) $this->editedPage = $editedPage;

self::$configData = $this->modifyConfigData(
        $this->modules->getModuleConfigData($this),
        $this->editedPage
    );

// ...

• Like 1