AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Hi @tpr - loving the module. 

I'm trying to figure out how you append the NavItems with this line:

$event->return = str_replace('</body>', $items . '</body', $event->return);

As it puts those quick links as a child to the top most admin navigation, when I'd like them to appear in the Pages submenu.

On another note, the style of the parent menu is odd when a sub-child is open. (See Modules in the image) This is due the classes 'current' and 'open' being added to the css. 

Great work though! 

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 10.00.54.png

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll check the styling issue later.

I only append the NavItems to the end of the document, then use JavaScript to put them in place (as there's currently no hook to add them directly where I wanted).

They should be added to the Pages section so apparently there's something bogus there according to the screenshot.

• Like 1

I've disabled all other submodules but NavItems and new items are appended to the Pages section as expected. I've also tried on another bare-bone PW install and it's OK there too. I guess you can only track this down :)

I just did it on a fresh install and have the same problem.

It places the NavItems not on "Pages", but on the first page item in the admin page tree. I want to add something above "Pages" (a dashboard), but keeping these navItems in under "Pages", as designed. 

(I love AOS otherwise, great job)

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 10.27.16.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 10.27.25.png

i'm experienceing broken dialogs on CK editor (insert symbol, source dialog) when using AOS, even with the module disabled; i had to completely uninstall it to get the dialogs back working. this is the latest version of aos and latest version of PW.

thanks for your module and any help in solving this.. module is useful, but seems to have some side effects, and i can imagine it difficult to keep track of these possible unintended side-effects.

v071 is up which hopefully fixes the CKEditor issues above. I didn't see anything with the Source dialog so if the problem still exists, please add some details.

The pagelist template edit tooltip was removed and this feature was moved to a pagelist action because I found it way to disturbing. You can find it as the last item, named as #home, #basic-page, etc. Long-click action works but it doesn't honor the module settings, so it doesn't open in a new tab unless you use the middle mouse button.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tpr said:

Thanks! I see only styling issues, is that all? I thought they are not working at all or broken to a level that makes them unusable.

Hi Sorry for not being clear, and the image may not be obvious - the browser whites out, there is no way to click anywhere, in other words any modal was freezing the interface.

Ok, thanks - unfortunately I can't reproduce this (Chrome, FF latest, IE11). Is this still an issue after the update?

Anyway I just uploaded a new AdminOnSteroids.css to GitHub in which there are some z-index updates for CKE, could you try that?

@tpr - Is AdminOnSteroids.scss a necessary part of the module, or is this file only used by yourself to generate AdminOnSteroids.css?

Just wondering if it could be excluded from the GitHub repository - the issue I'm striking is the when developing locally PhpStorm's SCSS file watcher will automatically compile from AdminOnSteroids.scss and overwrite AdminOnSteroids.css, producing a different result.

If it is a necessary part of the module that's fine - it's possible to avoid this at my end by defining a custom scope for the file watcher, just requires a bit more setup in each project.

15 hours ago, tpr said:

It's not absolutely necessary of course. Would it help if I put it in a subfolder?

Thanks, that wouldn't help because the file would still be within the project scope (the whole PW installation is).

Somehow AdminOnSteroids.scss would need to be excluded from the module files that are downloaded/installed from GitHub. I'm not very familiar with Git so not sure what options there are for that. Or a different file extension used? I guess that would foul up things at your end.

Maybe it has to go into the too-hard basket. I actually only need the SCSS file watcher active while the site is at the static stage, so I probably just need to remember to turn it off afterwards.

No, if it was in a subfolder PhpStorm would compile the CSS in that subfolder so it won't overwrite AdminOnSteroids.css in the module's root (which is used by the module).

I could add it to .gitignore but I'm using/testing AOS in different PW installs and having the source file always at hand makes things easier.

Anyways, I think your PhpStorm file watcher needs a better configuration- does it compile all scss files from the modules directory? If so, that doesn't sound too good to me. I'm using gulp and I always explicitly set what file or what subdirectories to watch.

1 hour ago, tpr said:

No, if it was in a subfolder PhpStorm would compile the CSS in that subfolder so it won't overwrite AdminOnSteroids.css in the module's root (which is used by the module).

Oh right, of course. Yes, that would work.

1 hour ago, tpr said:

Anyways, I think your PhpStorm file watcher needs a better configuration

You're right. I'm just being lazy and leaving the file watcher at the default scope, which is all project files. But I could define a custom scope for each project, or use the preset "open files" scope and just be careful not to accidentally open AdminOnSteroids.scss

• Like 1