AdminOnSteroids

tpr

That makes sense, thanks. Anyways, adding a general role based permission to each submodule in AOS would solve this too. The implementation seems not that hard but first I need to figure out the UI for this.

6 hours ago, tpr said:

Ok, I think I got it, with a little help of JavaScript. Now I just need to allocate some time to add this to all submodules and beat this through the whole  module :) 

aos_roles.gif

I gotta say, I am super-impressed with the effort you have put into the settings for this module - so user friendly and beautiful! I have actually been thinking about adding user-roles for some panel permissions in Tracy and having a nice, compact, and functional settings interface like this would be exactly what is needed.

After that glowing compliment can I say one negative thing :) I do wonder about the greyed-out checkboxes - they look to me like they can't be checked (disabled), rather than just not checked. It even affects the module uninstall checkbox which actually uses this visual cue to let you know that it can't be uninstalled.

• Like 2

Thanks! When the number of the settings go high it's better to apply some UI tweaks to make it more readable. Most of them are CSS only, others have a bit of Js but they would be usable without Js too.

I'll remove the greyed out check boxes, lets see how it goes.

• Like 4

Here is another issue if the headline is very long.

Screenshot_11.jpg

As you can see the distance between the save button and the headline is very small.

If you add following CSS snippet you can increase the distance a little bit more.

#head_button {
    margin-bottom: 0 !important;
}

Here is what i looks like after inserting the changes:

Screenshot_10.jpg

Its not a big problem but it looks like much better.

Best regards

Thanks, I'll see if this whether it break anything.

Here is the final UI for the roles. The asm selector went to the upper right corner of the submodule, having it below the label as before occupied too much space (almost doubled the upper fieldset height). It's not entirely consistent in FF-Chrome-IE but differences are mainly cosmetic so I don't tweak it more. Unfortunately the AOS page loads a bit slower because JS needs to change parent of 20+ asmFields which I'm afraid I can't optimize, but it's not that bad.

Restriction are not applied so far but I hope it's only a matter of removing submodules from the enabledSubmodules array. But I feel that there will be exceptions here and there, as always :)

aos_roles-02.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bernhard said:

i found one issue with ajax loaded fields. it breaks the UI totally - no input possible any more:

How to reproduce this? I wasn't able to when setting a CKEditor field to be ajax-loaded. 

Plus have you tried it without AOS? If this happens to AOS enabled only, could you narrow it down to any submodule?

I have a few updates under the hood in my dev version but I don't think any of them would have fixed this.

• Like 1

For the long headlines I may add a truncate option, with the entire text visible on hover (simple title). This is not nice but it's better than having the whole title invisible when it's pushed downwards. The problem is that the fixed header has fixed height, and some other fixed elements are dependent on this height, eg. notices, tabs, etc. So truncate would be the easiest/safest way of solving this I guess.

• Like 2

You mean the line on the top (sorry, your bug reports are often hard to understate, a picture itself doesn't say too much). It's the breadcrumb, just noticed that the 'modal' class is added to the 'body' in the default theme. Will fix soon.

Any update on the ajax-loaded field issue? Is there any js error in the console?

sorry i'm very busy atm and thought that's enough info for you ;) that's how it should look like: all the tabs are on top. in my other screenshot the grey bar on top is fixed and overlaps all other content. the tabs have some margin to the modal top.

2016-09-07 12_14_22-Impulstag für Motivation und Erfolg - Wien.png

regarding the ajax issue: it's somewhere on my todolist if i find more time, sorry

I think it's fine now, just committed a fix to github. The Reno theme has the 'modal' class on the html while the default theme has on the 'body' and I was unaware of this until now. Now I fixed this issue only but maybe there will be other places where it needs to be checked.

aos-defaulttheme-modal.png

• Like 2

As discussed on Github, AOS will probably have a submodule that will load CKEditor plugins automatically, so you don't have to manually configure each field.

I use the following plugins by default:

• autogrow
  • keystrokes
  • justify

Let me know if you have such "basic" plugins you would like to see here. Obviously complex plugins that need more configuration will be not included here.

Plus I don't know whether AOS should mess with CKE toolbar buttons, or leave it to the user to enter buttons to the field's settings in the admin.

• Like 2

While by at this, the Lightwire skin will also an option for this submodule. I will apply some default CKE configuration for plugins but if the user uses a custom config.js then these defaults will be overwritten.

This submodule is going to be a great timesaver for me, at least :)

• Like 2