AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Fortunately I have a maximum of 1 dev site and 1 live, and I mostly work on the dev and merge changes. But I see your pain :) This is where your red-colored admin header will be of great help :)

• Like 1

v054 is up. There were many updates under the hood so make sure to clear browser and module cache.

• module settings are exported to settings.php on uninstall and restored on install
  • load admin.js and admin.css from /site/templates/ directory if exist
  • new tweak "NavItems" (experimental): add pages to main nav or sidebar (depending on theme)
  • HTML classes added by AOS are added by PHP instead JavaScript: faster and eliminates initial page jump so the loader is no longer needed
  • loader removed
  • added "cog" icon to footer to jump to AOS settings
  • fix: keep sidebar menu colors for non-inline mode (Reno theme)
  • module CSS classnames were abbreviated
  • Like 2

Yep, just discovered that, it's been fixed, thanks.

Anyone knows why ajax-loaded fields doesn't allow modifying the label with Inputfield::render (or renderValue)? I can add link to the inputfield and other things too but this one doesn't work. Its value is set before thea ajax event runs, and of course it doesn't modify the existing label markup on the page. But where does it come from then?

I could solve this issue with JS but it's not pretty.

Hi tpr,

for me v054 gives an error just after updating:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /Users/armin/Websites/pwreiter/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/AdminOnSteroids/AdminOnSteroids.module on line 23

I'm running on PW 3.0.32 in local environment (MAMP). I had no issues with past versions of AdminOnSteroids.

• Like 1

Thanks, that was a PHP version syntax error which was fixed.

v055 is up:

• module settings restore is optional (disabled by default)
  • JS workaround for field edit links for ajax-loaded fields
  • syntax error fix (thanks to TomasKostadinov)
  • Like 1

Just wanted to let you know that the sticky header isn't sticking for me with the latest 3.0.32 devns and the default theme.  Seems like it started after I upgraded to 3.0.32.  I'm also using the latest AOS.  I have hard refresh the browser several times.

I can't reproduce this. Have you tried clearing the module cache (at the bottom of the Modules page)?

If that doesn't help, could you post the body and html classes your admin has? 

Strange.  It still didn't work.  I clicked the clear compiled files button at /admin/module/.  I also did a module refresh.  I'm using the latest Google Chrome on a mac.

Here are my body classes when editing a page.

id-10 template-admin hasWireTabs AdminThemeDefault ProcessPageEdit-id-1002 ProcessPageEdit-template-basic-page pw-ready InputfieldColumnWidthsInit

I just updated to v056 and here are my html element classes

<html class=" headSticky HoverDropdown moduleCompact moduleModal" lang="en">

and

<body class="id-10 template-admin hasWireTabs AdminThemeDefault ProcessPageEdit-id-1015 ProcessPageEdit-template-left-sidebar pw-ready InputfieldColumnWidthsInit">

So I have classes now, but the header still isn't sticking.  Sorry... I'm trying to find the problem as well.

After reading the comment in the scss file

// AdminTweaks (default theme tweaks)
// note: the default theme adds theme name class only to body, AOS adds to html

maybe AOS isn't adding the class "AdminThemeDefault" to the html element in the default admin theme in AdminOnSteriods.module line 243?

It's intentional to use html.AdminThemeDefault (as you figured out already).

What I don't get how your html classes doesn't contain 'AdminThemeDefault' because it should be added by AOS.

echo wire('user')->admin_theme;

This should echo "AdminThemeDefault", could you try it?