AdminOnSteroids

tpr

The search inputfield starts to cover the System Notification indicator under 1040px, and yes, below 960px the search inputfiled is gone. I think it is just quite ok if you focus on a viewport wider than 959px, however, it would be nice to have an easy to access (toggle-) button which can be clicked on mobile to disable/enable the module "temporarily". It can even be useful on a desktop, in order to quickly check out the unmodified admin or vice versa.

I've made a quick toggle button that enables/disables the CSS (unreleased), but that's not really helpful because all the php and js stuff are in effect. Do you think a full module enable/disable button is needed? Otoh this toggle wouldn't help you much with the disappearing search field, that comes from the Reno theme as I see.

I have made a little tweak that fixes the issues you mentioned with the search field from about page width above 960px (it's available if you update the module).

• Like 1

In v044 I replaced the field edit link appearance to tooltips. In some cases the field names were overlapped by other items but in tooltip this doesn't occur.

There's also a tooltip for edit page template when hovering on the page title. In fact, the FieldEditLinks tweak was renamedt to FieldAndTemplateEditLinks as they share the same settings. The template edit feature is available for the default theme too.

aos-fieldtemplateeditlinks.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tpr said:

I've made a quick toggle button that enables/disables the CSS (unreleased), but that's not really helpful because all the php and js stuff are in effect. Do you think a full module enable/disable button is needed?

Yes, that was the basic idea. I'm relatively new to PW, so sometimes I just cannot remember what the original admin looks like :) but as I mentioned before, if you "do not support" mobile viewports then it can be problematic if we cannot somehow disable the module in that case. Sure, one can always go to module settings, but it might be possible to speed things up...

6 hours ago, tpr said:

I have made a little tweak that fixes the issues you mentioned with the search field from about page width above 960px (it's available if you update the module).

Thanks. I did not realize it was a Reno bug(?).

One more thing: when AOS is used to heavily customize the admin, one can easily see that it is enabled. But what if it's not so prominent? A globally accessible enable/disable button would also indicate in what state the admin is. Is it on steroids or not? It is an especially important question during the Summer Olympics :P

• Like 1

You deserve the gold medal anyway! Works fine. Now I can easily create screenshots for forum support too, should I feel the need to :) (With AOS on it might generate some confusion to demo the admin... so this is just another case to justify the need of this feature...)

• Like 3

Just added a few CSS tweaks to the Pagelistunselect tweak: less prominent Clear button appearance and when hovering on it the selected page name gets a line-through, which makes clearer what will happen on click. See the screencap above.

• Like 1

It should - the screencap was filmed using a repeater field that is ajax-loaded. Otherwise, the markup is added by PHP so it's always there, plus the events are binded to $(document) so they should fire always.

• Like 2

v047 is up with improvements to the Pagelist thumbs submodule. Thumbnails can be aligned to the right so they don't create ragged lines of the page titles if there's no image or the images are of different widths:

aos_thumbs-left-right.png

Of course this partly could be eliminated if using the "circle" or "square" styles:

aos_thumbs-square-circle.png

You can set the thumbnails to link to the edit page if you wish.

Another addition is that if a multi-image field is specified as the image source, its first image will be used.

• Like 2

Great tweaks for the Pagelist thumbs! Although I have not yet found the time to try it out, I will surely do it one day :)

I have an issue to report too: one thing I use a lot is FieldAndTemplateEditLinks. Template links work, but Field links do not. The tooltip appears on hover, but nothing happens on click. It used to work, maybe two versions ago, I'm not really sure when though.

@szabesz 

That was a bug, thanks. Grab v048 to fix.

@bernhard 

I couldn't duplicate these issues. Try reinstalling the module (make sure to backup your settings for PageThumbs first).
Perhaps clearing compiled files would also help (bottom at Modules page).

There's a whole lot of check to ensure there's an image to show but of course it may fail somewhere. I tried all combinations at Detais -> Formatted value for image field settings but still wasn't able to show the error.

For the field appearance issue, try hard reload to get rid of cache.

• Like 1

Thanks! You mean the profields table, right?

Just checked it and there's a problem: the markup doesn't tell anything about the field type so IUC doesn't fired. I'll see if I can hook and add a class.

• Like 1