AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Good idea. I can't think of any drawbacks that could happen, but maybe I'm wrong.

To avoid the clutter, I would do it on ctrl+click instead any visual icon or something. What do you think about it?

Plus alt+click for edit for example, that's something I have already planned.

• Like 1

my vote goes for

view: icon
edit: ctrl+click

:)

only drawback of my method would be if somebody is rewriting urls somehow... maybe also on multisite environments? but at least they have the option to switch it OFF ;)

• Like 1

My vote is: 

• long click for view
  • ctrl+click to edit

or reversed :) Icons would make too much mess.

Btw, I most of the time can't get the long-click work in Chrome 51 (the built-in Edit/View feature). I works 1 times out of 10 or 20. In Firefox seems to work fine.

Update: looks like it's SlimJet browser only, in Chrome longclicks seem OK.

I got the longclick to work, now I need a similar bright idea how to get the edit link ("/edit/?id=XXX"). Perhaps I need to add all the parents' IDs to an inline JS and get it from there.

• Like 1

v035 adds the abovementioned breadcrumb tweaks:

• long-click on breadcrumb item to view page in frontend
  • ctrl+click to edit breadcrumb page

It's relatively buried under the "Hotkeys" submodule but I think it fits there. 

I'm open to ideas on different implementation of this feature but I woud like to keep the current "minimal" style (eg. better not using icons or hover menu).

• Like 1

I'll see, thanks. I think a confirm (yes-no) dialog would be of more help here. Strictly forbidding to save the page may result in data lost if the upload never finishes (so you can't save the page itself at all).

• Like 2

@tpr Good evening :)  While tinkering with the settings it occurred to me that it would be nice to be able to adjust the height of the rows of the Pages tree. The Reno theme uses this:

.content .PageList .PageListItem {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e6ebf1;
    padding-top: 0.6 em;
    padding-bottom: 0.6 em;
    line-height: 1.3em;
}

Top/bottom padding with 0.3 em is quite usable too. Something like the "LongClickDuraton" inputbox would be nice to have to adjust this one too.

What do you think?

I have tried to improve the page list but I have to admit it's close to perfect as it is (at least for me). I see that this tweak could save some space but I'll wait until other page list related needs arise.

• Like 2

The Page tree is a strange beast :) It works and it's usable but still... Anyway, thanks for putting my feature request on your todo list. I just want to save some scrolling. The Page tree of the Default Theme is more compact and I like it that way.

Thanx in advance! Are you planning to make it adjustable on the fly? I mean not just in the module's settings (preferred default), but right on the page of the page list too. If we can stick to one setting only, then it is not so versatile.

You mean the page thumbs? There will be one global default (image field name), or template-field pairs for those who need more. Plus a setting for square thumbs, and that's all.

I think these settings are easier to use because you can set everything at one place (module settings).

I think I'll go with this syntax for the page thumbs:

{
	"featured_image": "template=wine|basic-page, children.count=0, parent!=1",
	"bg_image": ""
}

The idea is to use different fields (eg. "featured_image") and filter them with selectors. The first matching selector will be used. In this example featured_image is used on matching pages, and bg_image elsewhere.

I may modify the syntax to something that is easier to use. If only a string is entered, it will be treated as a global field to use on all pages.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tpr said:

You mean the page thumbs?

Sorry, I was on mobile, and could not spend too much time on my reply. Actually, I was talking about the thumbnail list vs the simple but compact list I requested. If I understand you correctly, we are talking about two different representation of the same list (tree). One with image thumbs, the other one is without the thumbs. Of course, you can use small top/bottom padding regardless of the presence of the thumbnail images, making the list compact no matther what. It just won't be too "compact" with the otherwise optional thumbnails, right?

I'm afraid I'm lost somewhere in between :) I was talking about the existing page list but prepending a small thumbnails to the items, not a thumbnail-only page list (there's a module for that as I know). I don't plan to add the latter because that would require much modifications and it's not the purpose of AOS.

To make this pagelist compact with the thumbnails, I will see how usable it is with smaller thumbs but I'm not sure that would make much sense (thumbs were too small).

• Like 2

I have discovered an z-index issue with the Leaflet module. It concerns the breadcrumbs and headline div.

Screenshot_1.jpg

As you can see the magnifying glass on the right and and the size changer on the left side overlap.

Adding the following z-index to the breadcrumbs and headline div solves the problem:

#breadcrumbs {z-index:11}
#headline {z-index:11}

A lower index than 11 will not work.

Best regards

• Like 1

Thanks @Juergen (or z-index-man :)) Version 0.3.6 is uploaded which should fix it. The problem is that the leaflet field sets a z-index of 1000 so I decided to use much larger values.

@szabesz is also covered with the new "Set narrow pagelist items" to reduce row height for the main pagelist. It's Reno theme only so it can be found under the RenoTweaks submodule.

This update contains the "Pagelist thumbnails" feature. I'm sure this will have some iterations but I really like the "fieldname: selector" syntax to add thumbs, it's really flexible.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tpr said:

@szabesz is also covered with the new "Set narrow pagelist items" to reduce row height for the main pagelist. It's Reno theme only so it can be found under the RenoTweaks submodule.

Thank you very much, Sir! Double like :)

Have a good night!

• Like 1